Mysterious Gift any good?

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:27:32 PM
Mysterious gift is best

:|
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
Do we even know that the resulting unique from this prophecy takes ilvl into account or does it follow chancing rules where ilvl doesn't come into play?

Considering there is a function to determine resultant ilv, it's fair to say it's relevant (and there haven't been reports of people getting outrageously overleveled Uniques from it in Norm). Ilv needs to equal, I think, the rlv of the base item for a given Unique to be eligible as a reward. Maybe just rlv of the Unique.
Ive only gotten a handful of useful things from it. I got an Auxiom belt, 2 Rearguards and a few other nice uniques, but outside of like probably, 10 good ones the rest have been scam level worse than what i put in haha
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Just got this Prophecy on Harbinger. Wondering If its best to use with Endgame Uniques? I sealed it for now.
"
Beerpowered wrote:
Just got this Prophecy on Harbinger. Wondering If its best to use with Endgame Uniques? I sealed it for now.

Same here
Also I wonder if:
- we could sell multiples of 5 for multiples of mysterious gift boxes with only 1 prophecy active?
- the resulting unique is always something different than the ones we're selling?
This could potentially knock off a few very bad results.
If you're leaving PoE, chances are I'll rezz you as my minion! MWHAHAHAH
"
Pyrollusion wrote:
Just thought I ask if anyone ever got anything good out of this.
Because I had this prophecy a lot of times and the uniques I got out of it were always worse than the stuff I used to trigger it.

I got allmost perfect shavronne last league. With some random shitty 1alch uniques.

Im pretty sure its random and wont matter what uniques you use. I just save tab full of shitty uniques for this.
Last edited by Laskinaama on Aug 22, 2017, 12:17:32 AM
As mentioned, lowest ilvl given = ilvl of unique returned. Save up your low level but high ilvl junk uniques that you get from maps and trade 'em in when the prophecy pops. I usually try and aim for all 5 being 70+ and the higher the better. I scored an Abyssus the other day so, yeah, you occassionally get something worth while (though it would have been much better last league). Fairly sure I remember getting a doomfletch last league too.
I got a Belly of the Beast once, that was my best result, the other 20 or so were not so good...

"
- the resulting unique is always something different than the ones we're selling?
as far as I've experienced, yes.

Would love this to be a vendor recipe.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info