Diablo 4 Rumors

"
morbo wrote:
Lol, who cares. I'd check the demo out only under these conditions:

1.) Has to be offline
2.) Which implies no trading & MMO bullshit
3.) Would need to have a very dark & bloody design, no cartoon graphics
4.) Be an actual ARPG with complex character building / itemization

This will never happen, not while Blizzard/Activision has the license and maximizing profits is the only guideline for development. Diablo is dead and it's glory will not be resurrected.

Pretty much this. Not hyped, will watch the demo but I'll keep my expectations very low.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Pickng up steam.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
Pickng up steam.

Called it
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Don't worry about. At the speed they develop games anything could happen. Seriously. How many years between D2 and 3? 12 years. And mind you that whole time they were saying they were working on it.
That puts D4 release at 2024. Assuming they stick to the same "breakneck" speed and don't crap out even more.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Don't worry about. At the speed they develop games anything could happen. Seriously. How many years between D2 and 3? 12 years. And mind you that whole time they were saying they were working on it.
That puts D4 release at 2024. Assuming they stick to the same "breakneck" speed and don't crap out even more.

You're mistaking Blizz withh GGG...

sorry low hanging fruit n all

D4 beta in late 2017, release sometime in 2018 is my prediction

I love how poe fans are personally threatened by the prospect of D4 lol " I'm not worried "

Uhhh why would you be? GGG should def be. If they haven't started poe2 yet its almost a moot point anyway.
Last edited by TheWretch on Sep 13, 2016, 2:50:42 PM
Tfw people still don't realize that Diablo and PoE are not competing with each other. It's like saying the ArmA devs should be worried because a new CoD is coming.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Tfw people still don't realize that Diablo and PoE are not competing with each other. It's like saying the ArmA devs should be worried because a new CoD is coming.

More accurately it would be BF n CoD in that comparison. What world do you live in where your main competitor announcing a new product shouldn't worry you? They absolutely poach each other's players.

Yes, you're right though, PoE is 100% unique and nothing can ever be compared to it or will ever compete with it..
Last edited by TheWretch on Sep 13, 2016, 8:00:10 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:

More accurately it would be BF n CoD in that comparison. What world do you live in where your main competitor announcing a new product shouldn't worry you?

Maybe BF 1942 vs a modern CoD. Definitely not modern BF vs modern CoD though.

"
TheWretch wrote:
Yes, you're right though, PoE is 100% unique and nothing can ever be compared to it or will ever compete with it..

Great strawman. You could compare PoE to D2, for example. D3 is nothing like D2 though, and D4 will probably be nothing like it too.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
^ Yes, cause i'm the one making strawmen to prove my point lol

No one said they would be the same, just similar enough that they share player bases. If you don't think most PoE players have played D3 and vice versa i'm not sure what else i can say to make you understand this very basic principle.

I never said PoE would outright die either, i'm sure it will crawl along for awhile yet. If D4 is good it stands to reason GGG would lose a chunk of paying players.
Poe's Law says the ironic PoE strawman carries a high risk of interpretation as an unironic PoE strawman.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info