Diablo 4 Rumors

"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

It was categorically seen as bad launch, I just don't think it was as bad as people made it out to be. I guess it depends on what metrics you use. In contrast, every new poe patch is a botched disaster..

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The first few days of D3 were really really bad, especially if you freed your schedule to get the most out of launch. I don't think I could play consistently until around the fourth day after launch.

Content balance for some of the new stuff during a PoE launch can be really really bad, but I have always been able to play the game nearly uninterrupted.

I just think ARPG fans will feel a lot more skeptical going into D4 than they did going into D3, if Blizzard nails it this game will likely feel pretty empty for a good while.

I agree with all of that.

Some quick sales numbers (copies sold or shipped)

Diablo : 2.5 million

Diablo 2 : 4 million

Diablo 3 : 12 million

E: Except the no performance issues part if I think about it. Ive never personally had any lately but a ton of people have. Performance issues and disconnects were a problem. PoE is much much worse than D3 stability wise.

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Aug 2, 2016, 4:36:27 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:31:09 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
PoE had the incredible luck of capitalizing on a hungry fanbase that was let down by the launch of d3.

It might be blizzard's turn to swipe the rug out from the other's feet. If we still don't have a poe 2 in the works by the time d4 hits it could drastically alter population levels if d4 is great right out've the gate.

That sounds like a yuge fucking if to me considering the launch of the last one.

I dunno man, myself I think it doesnt even need to be good.
Blizzard has a legion of stockholm syndrome fantards that will fall for it over and over again, a good size of people that didnt even play the previous games joined in on hype and didnt have a basis for judgement, that + the wow players who got it with a subscription will make for some numbers by itself, especially the wow players, there's no group more far gone than them at this point. The initial sales might not be as big as last time but I dont expect a tremendous blow (then again, I wouldnt be surprised at half the sales, but I've seen before how blizz works with publicity).

Well, at least from what I hear about RoS I dont expect it to be as bad as original D3... but no way in hell I expect it to be a worthy sucessor to d2.
People need to stop thinking "...maybe this time..." and realize that the blizzard of old is long dead.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 2, 2016, 5:29:16 PM
"
Disrupted wrote:

People need to stop thinking "...maybe this time..." and realize that the blizzard of old is long dead.

This is what scares me the most if i'm being honest. I miss the darker feel of d1+d2. I wouldn't say its like Wow but you def see the influence and the blizz "style" shine thru in d3. Which I do not like.
I think doing service to Diablo as a franchise means treating it as an ARPG horror game. Which means Diablo as a franchise is likely to fall into many of the same traps horror games tend to fall into when they make it big; consider the failures of iconic horror franchises like Silent Hill* or Resident Evil, and the success of Amnesia: the Dark Descent.

If Blizzard focuses on a relatively small team committed to the horror vision, I think they'll do just fine. If they make it too big or try to give it that non-threatening, anti-horror shine which D3 had, it'll fail.

* Fuck Konami.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 2, 2016, 11:04:07 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:

E: Except the no performance issues part if I think about it. Ive never personally had any lately but a ton of people have. Performance issues and disconnects were a problem. PoE is much much worse than D3 stability wise.

Gaming became a much bigger, more mainstream hobby between 2 and 3 though.
"
innervation wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

Gaming became a much bigger, more mainstream hobby between 2 and 3 though.

That's true. Can it not also be said that PC gaming has gotten even bigger since D3 though?
I'd play the hell out of it. I don't give a fuck.

Then after having given it a proper chance, i would call my judgement upon it and possibly wreak havoc on the forums because the whole world needs hear if it doesn't fit me.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
TheWretch wrote:

That's true. Can it not also be said that PC gaming has gotten even bigger since D3 though?

Gaming has, for sure. Idk about specifically PC gaming. My intuition would be stagnation or modest growth. Steam, LoL, World of Tanks, and the Chinese PC scene has grown. I think a lot of the rest have probably gone down a bit. Every non Counter Strike FPS shifted/continued to shift to consoles, sports games are might as well be console exclusive. A lot of the quirky, small, charming, off-genre games are mobile now instead of PC.
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:

PoE will still be the "top" ARPG unless blizzard changes the linearity of its gameplay.

until Lost Ark drops in 2017 for eu/us
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info