How would you nerf [Reach Of The Council] but still keep it Viable?

With a +2 Tornado Enchant, Tornado overtakes LA unless you get the +3 hit enchant for LA, and really even then I'm not sure which is better. Also frostwall cheese can get you killed while casting Frostwall, also you can get blocked by the shit into bearers if you miscast. Raiders don't have that issue since they can phase through it though.

And I seriously doubt you clear faster than a ROTC Raider build, especially if the Raider has LA enchantments.

And we're talking about the power to cost ratio. A ROTC is fairly cheap for the extreme power jump you get, let's you basically cheese your way through the entire game with either Tornado or LA, doesn't matter which you choose. I can't think of a comparable item in terms of power effectiveness, not even something like Voidheart which already is semi-broken comes close. The killing power level increase you get is something like when you go from rares to a Voll's Devotion in a CoC CI build. It's a ridiculous jump, except Voll's devotion is insanely rare and expensive.
Last edited by allbusiness on Jul 27, 2016, 12:55:01 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
im not so sure that you cannot affect the drop. wiki says so - but it is EXTREMELY sensitive information that i can expect to be manipulated (just like some ..bags lied about multimodding)

my ratio is 100% right now. i have no idea what i did and if there is a pattern (some say that the drops seems to be 25% each based on some 'data') but i wouldnt rule that out. wiki and in general knowledge can and is manipulated for profits. note please few guys selling 20+ RotCs for 4ex right now. i doubt they have bought them to flip (as the profit margin is slim).

An option they could do is have the drops be similar to atziri, with a smaller chance to the bow, weapon, ect.

As for how people have 20+, there is a "right way" and a "wrong way" to do prophecy league and make the most out of it, if they are willing to buy coins you can get pieces and good prophecies pretty easily.

"
With a +2 Tornado Enchant, Tornado overtakes LA unless you get the +3 hit enchant for LA, and really even then I'm not sure which is better. Also frostwall cheese can get you killed while casting Frostwall, also you can get blocked by the shit into bearers if you miscast. Raiders don't have that issue since they can phase through it though.

And I seriously doubt you clear faster than a ROTC Raider build, especially if the Raider has LA enchantments.

The +2 tornado shot is secondary affects, which just randomly go out, whereas the LA ones hit next to the target, which can be the frost wall. Frost wall can be put on a quality spell totem and do the work for you, you can blink arrow over frost wall, quartz flask thru it or in general use any form of mobility to get away from it.

As for raider bow, idk I assumed most people go assassin for the high crit, bleed and poison damage.

My pathfinder is multiple times stronger against things like uber izzaro.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:15:43 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
im not so sure that you cannot affect the drop. wiki says so - but it is EXTREMELY sensitive information that i can expect to be manipulated (just like some ..bags lied about multimodding)

my ratio is 100% right now. i have no idea what i did and if there is a pattern (some say that the drops seems to be 25% each based on some 'data') but i wouldnt rule that out. wiki and in general knowledge can and is manipulated for profits. note please few guys selling 20+ RotCs for 4ex right now. i doubt they have bought them to flip (as the profit margin is slim).

An option they could do is have the drops be similar to atziri, with a smaller chance to the bow, weapon, ect.

As for how people have 20+, there is a "right way" and a "wrong way" to do prophecy league and make the most out of it, if they are willing to buy coins you can get pieces and good prophecies pretty easily.

"

The +2 tornado shot is secondary affects, which just randomly go out, whereas the LA ones hit next to the target, which can be the frost wall. Frost wall can be put on a quality spell totem and do the work for you, you can blink arrow over frost wall, quartz flask thru it or in general use any form of mobility to get away from it.

As for raider bow, idk I assumed most people go assassin for the high crit, bleed and poison damage.

My pathfinder is multiple times stronger against things like uber izzaro.

Sin is just for the crit numbers, effectively the Ranger is much faster and better at clearing though because of the increase move speed you get, along with being much safer due to the increase dodge and status immune ailments you get. It also let's you use Vinkantors for free if you choose to do so.

You can still push 60% crit fairly easy with a Raider, and with a Diamond Flask you are basically extremely close to crit cap anyways. You move way faster, you have onslaught on demand with a silver flask, and have far more safety.

I'll agree that Bow characters don't do Uber Izaro that well, but it's certainly still doable for a full key run. You just have to play a little more careful then normal. The bow itself just needs to be toned down in power or gated behind something much stronger.
Last edited by allbusiness on Jul 27, 2016, 1:25:01 PM
bow characters and RotC characters in particular are PERFECTLY fine doing Uber Izi

because there are no rules saying 'do not swap gems for a better setup' when needed
Barrage is incredibly broken with RotC as well, so much projectiles in so little time.
"
IceDeal wrote:
Barrage is incredibly broken with RotC as well, so much projectiles in so little time.

Hadn't considered barrage for single target with the bow.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:

Hadn't considered barrage for single target with the bow.

You could even 4 link barrage and still murder it x_x
Now imagine Barrage supported by RotC, +2 Barrage Helm Enchant, 3 Volley Fire Jewels, GMP + LMP (If you want even more projectiles...) It's pretty crazy...

Deadeye gets you 1 more projectile
Juggernaut turns you into a Gatling Gun (Undeniable + Hinekora's Sight)
Assassin makes you into a Butt Pervert
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
allbusiness wrote:
The bow itself just needs to be toned down in power or gated behind something much stronger.
It is a league item for a reason. If the bow is making it to standard league drop I dont mind it getting a nerf version, but the league RotC has to be at least legacy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info