How would you nerf [Reach Of The Council] but still keep it Viable?

"
Vhlad wrote:
GGG will never nerf reach of the council because it will be league exclusive outside of zana and everything they do is 100% to make Vhlad the standard player suffer, which means no prophecy added to core game.

So maybe when it goes to standard and the price rises to 50ex, and I save up 49ex, Chris Wilson will nerf the new drops from zana and the current reach will become legacy. Then the price will rise to 200ex.

Then after Vhlad saves 200ex and buys one, within 2 days Chris Wilson will retroactively nerf all of them consuming dark style.

And then, when depression is maximum, GGG will release a better league only bow in the next temp league and/or nerf all bow skills incinerate style.

hahahaaaaa if you chase trailing end thats what you get. either a) buy and play on price/performance...i have news a 5ex toon is 95% performance of a 300ex toon or b) dont worry about it.

At about 16 I was no longer was susceptible to peer pressure. Check yourself.

I want that bow as much as a hole in the head. Much rather make something work never been worked b4.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 8, 2016, 5:47:28 PM
It is getting nerfed, same as windripper, voltaxic and now reach, rejoice, no legacy.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
"
Necromael wrote:
It is getting nerfed, same as windripper, voltaxic and now reach, rejoice, no legacy.

Once nerfed it will be worthless, at least to me, I don't need any more trash unique, I need end game weapons.

Infractem is an endgame weapon. I was cleating 100% courtyards in 1.3 (when these were the highest maps) without a problem

what you say is you need weapons that play the game for you.. With ascendancies pretty much every item (and ALL BOWS) are end game viable..
I’m so tired of this “Nerf system”……it ruins my interest for the game completely…….I don’t think I will be still playing this game when the nerf hammer strikes again……
Chill out with the nerf guys, the only value they can touch retroactively is the extra arrow one and they can only nerf it by 20%-25% effectiveness reducing the +4 arrow to +3 arrows. if they go higher than this value it would affect Death Opus.

So WORST case scenario you gonna loose one arrow (that you can get back with a +1 arrow corrupted quiver) but the bow will keep it's damage base. I'm not sur GGG even gonna bother doing that to be honest.

Anyway the smart thing to do RIGHT NOW is to buy shit tons of Divine and try to get the best damage rolls are those will 100% be nerfed on future versions of the bow.
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 10, 2016, 6:22:10 AM
"
IceDeal wrote:
Chill out with the nerf guys, the only value they can touch retroactively is the extra arrow one and they can only nerf it by 20%-25% effectiveness reducing the +4 arrow to +3 arrows. if they go higher than this value it would affect Death Opus.

So WORST case scenario you gonna loose one arrow (that you can get back with a +1 arrow corrupted quiver) but the bow will keep it's damage base. I'm not sur GGG even gonna bother doing that to be honest.

Anyway the smart thing to do RIGHT NOW is to buy shit tons of Divine and try to get the best damage rolls are those will 100% be nerfed on future versions of the bow.

what if it is retroactive nerf, just like voltaxic?
"
Necromael wrote:

what if it is retroactive nerf, just like voltaxic?

You have to understand that the only way they can touch an item retroactively is to change how a mod work on a global scale so that it would affect EVERY items in the game without having to scan/modify the entire database.

In the case of Voltaxic/CD, they nerfed the chaos conversion mod to 60% effectiveness wich mean every items involving chaos conversion have an hidden value.
To make it more simple, Voltaxic didn't change and still have 100% chaos conversion but that's now and hidden value because the global 60% effectiveness overide it. They could only do that because very few items had this mod.

In the case of Reach they can't touch the Increase physical damage and flat phys damage mods because too many items got those mods. They also can't remove or add mods to an existing item.

So the ONLY way to Nerf Reach retroactively is to change the Extra arrow mod on a global scale but they can only do a 75%-80% effectiveness overide or it will ruin items like Death Opus or any future items having more than 1 extra arrow.
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 10, 2016, 6:43:30 AM
Why would they nerf existing versions of the reach? It makes no sense at all.

Voltaxic is not a league specific item and the global chaos conversion nerf was done due to obvious reasons, to save build diversity because almost every other person was playing voltaxic spark in 2.2.
"
Why would they nerf existing versions of the reach? It makes no sense at all.

Voltaxic is not a league specific item and the global chaos conversion nerf was done due to obvious reasons, to save build diversity because almost every other person was playing voltaxic spark in 2.2.

because "insanity" induced paranoia, they are laying ground for insanity in next patch
Imo, they won't touch it and all the actual Reachs will go Legacy. Seems to much of a hassle for such a little nerf.
Best thing to do now is to divine yours to the best damages that you can get because the new ones will 100% have less.
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 10, 2016, 7:24:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info