Unique Idea: Auto Claw

It takes a really generous diamond pack owner to help you though...
"
MrTeatimeYT wrote:

Sure, if by broken you mean you are stuck standing infront of that mob punching it to death until the shock wears off not able to move out of the way.

Or in the revised version we came up with later in the thread it only attacks once because it only shocks once.

Well, something like this is supposed to give massive burst damage (at least your original idea). If standing there punching a boss to death is too slow, then the unique has no real reason to exist, as it would be a big downside with no real upside, also VLT shocks with shocking ground, which could be a weird interaction.

If it only activates when you shock something (a coding nightmare to GGG if the groundwork isn't there already), then something like a modified flicker strike would be much better, to avoid issues like following under tar a running mob. It also makes balance work much easier, as you would only have 1 skill to balance around.
Last edited by Adser on Jul 26, 2016, 8:10:07 PM
"
Adser wrote:
"
MrTeatimeYT wrote:

Sure, if by broken you mean you are stuck standing infront of that mob punching it to death until the shock wears off not able to move out of the way.

Or in the revised version we came up with later in the thread it only attacks once because it only shocks once.

Well, something like this is supposed to give massive burst damage (at least your original idea). If standing there punching a boss to death is too slow, then the unique has no real reason to exist, as it would be a big downside with no real upside, also VLT shocks with shocking ground, which could be a weird interaction.

If it only activates when you shock something (a coding nightmare to GGG if the groundwork isn't there already), then something like a modified flicker strike would be much better, to avoid issues like following under tar a running mob. It also makes balance work much easier, as you would only have 1 skill to balance around.

Thatd be kind of interesting actually, im a huge fan of single target flicker strike builds (ala oro's and the frenzy on crit sword that i dont remember)

Having a one handed version of it "flicker strike on shock" would be kinda cool.

Something like "consumes shock charge on hit to bypass cooldown" and it could have a fixed attack time of 0.05 like with whirling blades or leap slam only without attack speed effecting it.

Or hell you could have attack speed effect it and have a base attack time of 0.2 so its still faster than a normal weapon (theres no 5aps melee weapons) but if you build a crap ton of attack speed it doesnt turn into some 50aps monster (unless you somehow get 1000% attack speed on a juggernaut post undeniable nerf)

So if you triple shock something then hold down the button you have assigned to that flicker strike it will hit 3 times with an aps of 20 (so a 0.05 delay between each hit) then stop when the shock stacks run out.

And to aid with balancing and the theme of the weapon it could only attack with said claw regardless of what weapons you have equiped (so no mainhanding a mirror sword with this in the offhand)
Last edited by MrTeatimeYT on Jul 30, 2016, 8:44:40 PM
As far as I can tell, you're looking for a Claw, that works with Shock, presumably with crit as well, that automatically does...Something, when an enemy is shocked. This power would presumably be balanced by the animation locking it would cause, and the need to shock in the first place.

If I've gotten that wrong let me know.

As for my suggestion...What if you made it, on applying Shock with an attack, the attack that cause the Shock "echoes". Similar to Spell Echo or Multistrike, in a way. It fits the theme that it seems you were going far, a "failed exoskeleton", in a way. I could easily see Maligaro making a Shock claw, only to find that it stuttered whenever he used it, repeating itself and thus, as far as he was concerned, being a failure. It'd probably be easier to get into the game as well, both in coding and in GGG's balancing. It'd theoretically repeat forever if you achieved 100% crit, and were always causing Shock. Plus, if the claw makes the Shock causing attack echo, then it would be, presumably, a five or six linked attack, and thus much more useful.

I do question if you're insistent on it being a claw, simply because claws are often rather...limited, in what they are used for, and scaled by. This item, for example...What Templar could use it? Crit with One Handed Melee Weapons and Claw Crit is nowhere nearby, just the one Melee Crit Wheel. Maruaders would be SOL, with only the Melee Crit wheel, like Templars. Duelists could...eventually, manage it. With effort. Same with Witch. Only Ranger and Shadow could really scale crit easily from their starting area, if it was a claw. Generally, making it a claw would make sure that the majority of times it is used, it's on a Shadow. If you're okay with that, fine, I'm just pointing it out. It's not like it will be UNUSABLE elsewhere, just not at all worth the effort/points it would take to do it in some classes.

As for your suggestions with the belt and forever shock....What would Fairgrave's Tricorne add to the mix? :-)

- Sheepster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info