''Atlas of worlds'' = The expansion

"
innervation wrote:
"
who says you have to do the "full clear"-jobs anymore?

When maps are the best (only) way to get experience and you invested 20 chaos in buying and rolling your map, you are heavily incentivized to clear it.

easy question: when the boss gives you way more XP and enhanced loot as the last 36 mobs on a map (36 is at least my typical remaining value when i rush through map), why would one bother then to "full clear" the map? people would skip those to rather encounter more bosses in the sum

trying to throw in new points
Because white mobs can still drop current tier maps and blue/yellow +1s
There was a suggestion which has many in common with what has been written here.

Also, achievement "Dream within a Dream" led me to Edgar Allan Poe's "A Dream Within a Dream".

"
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?
"
innervation wrote:
The first definition for 'atlas' is "a bound collection of maps". Inserting that into the spoiled banner text Atlas of Worlds, it would mean:

A bound collection of maps of worlds.

Seems redundant unless we're using our maps as runewords to combine 2-4 in the map device to create brand new worlds (collection of maps --> worlds).

this sounds most likely out of everything said in here thus far.

it also sounds the best. this would be pretty kickass TBH.
"
Ceryneian wrote:

There will be no more "maps" in the game or "map drops" - they are putting all the map sets onto a teleport landscape/multiple landscapes - similar to the landscapes you pull up on a waypoint that allows you to teleport to certain areas in the game.

The landscapes (worlds) will each have a set of locations (the old maps) you can teleport to, and will have different categories/themes with certain rewards/challenges (i.e. mods) unique to that world.

I think there will be 6 worlds, and Atlas will be the new mapping device in Eternal Lab that let's you access these landscapes ofc.

Using the Atlas will probably cost some currency / new currency orb, and also have some ability to adjust the tier, and maybe have some new features with the expansion.

Sike.

Called it. Well, kinda. lol.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 12, 2016, 6:25:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info