what is Insanity in POE?

"More insanity effects have been added."

was reading the patch note and saw a few lines about insanity? what is it? what mechanic is that?
Last bumped on Sep 24, 2016, 6:19:54 PM
To the best of my knowledge (and the wiki's), it's the first time such a mechanic has been publicly mentioned anywhere. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
viperesque wrote:
To the best of my knowledge (and the wiki's), it's the first time such a mechanic has been publicly mentioned anywhere. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is why I'm asking out here xD I've been looking in the wiki and can't find anything about it, except mention of the word insanity in texts, but nothing about a game mechanic xD

Maybe it will be a stress mechanic like in Darkest Dungeon xD +20 stress everytime I see a devourer
It's what drives people to crafting.
I don't know what it is, but I love that we are getting more of it.
Maybe more grinds.
Going to guess a short term buff that gives at least 2 but up to 3 random buffs. Always one of but up to two from a list of beneficial effects. And always one but up to two from a list of negative effects.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Jul 19, 2016, 8:26:39 PM
If I told you, a) you wouldn't believe me and b) I'd have to kill you.
Welcome to Amnesia. Every time you see a Beyond demon now, you must make a save vs. insanity or the controls will freeze until your next check.

...it really is going to be something like that, isn't it. Or screen discoloration/fade out/etc.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
Normal - Cruel - Merciless - Repeat. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results = Insanity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info