[3.1][ALL MAP MODS]End-Game Lazy Chieftain Flame Totem Build

@Negura2585 I recommend OP's skill tree. This build doesn't gain its survivability from a big life pool but from the totems taunting. So more life would be more or less useless.
Wondering how a similar build with flame totem would work with taming and emberwake, dropping all crit and investing into ignite. Would save some nodes, just don't know because never tested it.

I pretty much duplicated this build minus the empower and +1 infernal mantle(had lvl 3 empower) and I only get to around 33K dps tooltip where as yours is over 100k. I don't think me having the aforementioned items will boost my dps 3 fold. I am only missing 10% cast speed off of gear/jews too from OP so it doesn't make any sense at all.
"
nicrnicr17 wrote:
Wondering how a similar build with flame totem would work with taming and emberwake, dropping all crit and investing into ignite. Would save some nodes, just don't know because never tested it.

I pretty much duplicated this build minus the empower and +1 infernal mantle(had lvl 3 empower) and I only get to around 33K dps tooltip where as yours is over 100k. I don't think me having the aforementioned items will boost my dps 3 fold. I am only missing 10% cast speed off of gear/jews too from OP so it doesn't make any sense at all.

This is where you are wrong. The so called nerf on FT some patches ago, was actually nerf to the early levels of FT and a boost of FT past 23 or 24. Each level your totem gets after that is literally a 5 digit number with the next level becoming even more valuable.

This is why any level on FT you can squeeze is so valuable.

Just as a base comparison ft lvl 25: 204–305 lvl 28: 275–412, the scaling even with no crit is huge, but with crit it gets insane.

Last edited by xecutable on Sep 1, 2016, 2:52:32 PM
Hmm, ok. Still want to test/know about emberwake/taming, working on a tree for prophecy which has a crap ton of cast speed.
What about dropping bm and mantle and taking zo + heretics veil and running enfeeble + temp chains + anger? seems like it would boost survivability for HC quite a bit.
I'm a little confused, my tooltip DPS is only 10k. My gems are still being leveled but i have a lvl 21 flame totem and lvl 3 empower. How can i link my setup so someone can advise me what i am doing wrong?
Thanks for the responses! Seems like it's not worth losing all that crit so I will go with OP's skill tree.

@EDMOSES: Can you remove the "Hide characters tab" in your account settings? That would be the easiest way to see your whole setup.
Seems solid. My only concern is a fresh start, do we really have the damage required to safely breeze through normal and cruel?
"
Seems solid. My only concern is a fresh start, do we really have the damage required to safely breeze through normal and cruel?

Thing about flame totems is, they got enough damage. All you need is survivability. Making them immune to fire damage, leech, taunt means you will mostly be able to do all content very early. Early on I recommend using some Fire spell or anything until you get your Flame totem to a higher level so it will be much easier.

Rushing totem damage + crit early on also helps alot.

This build is a very decent early Uber and Atziri farmer and I'm going to go with it as my first build in Essence. If I like it, like really like it I'm gonna push it to 100 and keep on farming Uber Atziri for loot.

@OP: Could you put some leveling trees? What nodes to take first and stuff?
Last edited by returnofsnow on Sep 2, 2016, 5:35:09 AM
any leveling guides? seems hard to start with spells
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info