[3.1][ALL MAP MODS]End-Game Lazy Chieftain Flame Totem Build

"
Yorwos wrote:
I started a character using your build as a guide this league

Looks like i hadn't paid enough attention to the budget it needs so i made some gear changes dunno how it will finalize, using a +3 6link staff with a rare armour , dps kinda sucks though.

Feel free to have a look and tell me any small changes i could make with big improvements if u plz
The character is Devon_Aidendale
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Yorwos/characters

I think u need mantle. What's your dps with that stop?
Last edited by tanks1989 on Mar 27, 2017, 1:22:01 PM
35% to burning enemies is not needed at all - just a step to get the good -10% to fire resist and the 1% life leech. Enemies die far to fast and the dmg. is so high that those 35% will never kick-in, nothing lives for that long for it to get ignited. So the 60% dmg. from the ele. focus is best in slot - just swap with cast speed to see the difference.
"
35% to burning enemies is not needed at all - just a step to get the good -10% to fire resist and the 1% life leech. Enemies die far to fast and the dmg. is so high that those 35% will never kick-in, nothing lives for that long for it to get ignited. So the 60% dmg. from the ele. focus is best in slot - just swap with cast speed to see the difference.

I don't agree to that 35% burn damage + 25% from Celestial Punishment =60% damage to burn is meant to hard rare and bosses not for regular monster since this is a crit build flame totem always ignite the enemy and boss all the time that's 60% more damage if you compare it.

60% more damage + 49% cast speed vs 49% elemental damage (49% fire damage) which do you think is better?

yea ele focus gives more tooltip dps because the burn damage bonus doesn't apply to dps tooltip.

This is just my opinion.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
"
popotm wrote:
"

I don't agree to that 35% burn damage + 25% from Celestial Punishment =60% damage to burn is meant to hard rare and bosses not for regular monster since this is a crit build flame totem always ignite the enemy and boss all the time that's 60% more damage if you compare it.

60% more damage + 49% cast speed vs 49% elemental damage (49% fire damage) which do you think is better?

yea ele focus gives more tooltip dps because the burn damage bonus doesn't apply to dps tooltip.

This is just my opinion.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

60% increase just increase totem damage plus any flat fire damage add to the totem.in level 27 flame totem it would be around 300, estimating no additional fire damage added from weapon, 60% means 180, with 4 hit, it should be 820 damage. While elemental focus is MORE damage instead of INCREASED damage, means the multipler comes after adding all other increased spell damage or what so ever. The damage most likely will more than 60% increased damage.

From what I understand, the calculation is
(((Totem damage + added any flat fire damage) * increased fire damage) * more damage ) * hit per second = dps

Chaos damage is increased by spell, but not increased fire damage.

For fast casting, it should be 4 hit per sec times 49% so is around additional two hit per sec, this also scale with other supported gem, the scaling should he much higher than increased too. But the maths is a bit complicated here.
Last edited by tanks1989 on Mar 27, 2017, 9:37:16 PM
"
tanks1989 wrote:
"
Yorwos wrote:
I started a character using your build as a guide this league

Looks like i hadn't paid enough attention to the budget it needs so i made some gear changes dunno how it will finalize, using a +3 6link staff with a rare armour , dps kinda sucks though.

Feel free to have a look and tell me any small changes i could make with big improvements if u plz
The character is Devon_Aidendale
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Yorwos/characters

I think u need mantle. What's your dps with that stop?

well , my dps atm is 20k in my hideout , but atm im not using +3 staff , just +2 to fire
i kinda sold and decided to remake for profit , kinda got lost in the process atm
Last edited by Lopi85 on Apr 2, 2017, 2:48:43 PM
"
Lopi85 wrote:

Hi Lopi,

i would like some advice, currently i'm still short in funding, should i go for 21 flame totem first or focusing to get 6l mantle and lvl3 empower?

my current level is 90 with 48k dps when just placed a totem.
"
tanks1989 wrote:
"
Lopi85 wrote:

Hi Lopi,

i would like some advice, currently i'm still short in funding, should i go for 21 flame totem first or focusing to get 6l mantle and lvl3 empower?

my current level is 90 with 48k dps when just placed a totem.

First buy lvl21 Flame Totem later focus on 6L.
Hi mate
I got a question - what better: repentance crusader gloves (without reducing dmg) or winds of change?
"
Hi mate
I got a question - what better: repentance crusader gloves (without reducing dmg) or winds of change?

Hard to say...
Wind of Change have 5-10% reduced movement speed but 30% faster projectiles is very nice.
Repentance have huge Attribute Requirements. Without reducing spell damage mod is better because give more DPS and extra ~140ES and ~300 armour. Unless there is a lack of projectile speed.

I do not recommend Winds of Change on hard bosses (Uber Atziri, Shaper) because of 5% reduced movement speed.
Try to get corrupted unique gloves with Curse Elemental Weakness on Hit (this is a nice DPS boost).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info