ZiggyD's Community Unique Design - Names and Flavour Text

"
It feels like a Kaom/Daresso item to me. So maybe something like this.

Spoiler

I would not mind if the belt was based on this. :)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Mane of the Pride
Vanguard Belt

"Likeness of Leo,
Blood damps his mane. Desert breeze,
Dries the lion's hair."

Because viewers sometimes say ZiggyD looks like Leonardo Dicaprio (whose name is commonly shortened to 'Leo'), and I thought the community unique should reference "hairdryer," and also because, as far as I'm aware, no unique has a haiku for flavour text yet.

A lion specifically is chosen, because the item is the product of community 'pride,' and lions are generally thought to be fierce opponents. Of particular importance, the Nemean lion supposedly had a hide that was impervious to weaponry, and lions are also agile, which fits with the armour/evasion theme of the item.
Last edited by Jonmcdonald on Jul 18, 2016, 11:04:12 PM
Name: RIP Balance Team... or Powerhunger

Flavour Text: The hunger for power sometimes overcomes all sanity.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
Name: Belty Mc BeltFace

Flavour: Look mom no pants!
Last edited by Redjoker on Jul 18, 2016, 9:43:24 PM
Not sure about the name, but to highlight the duality theme of the belt I was thinking something like this for the flavor text:

We avoid the trials we can
And endure those we must,
Vitality comes not from superiority
But from versatility.

I also wanted to give some background for the specific wording of this entry:
The first two lines are a modification of a quote from the Greek general Thucydides who lived in the early 4th century BC, his original quote being: "The strong do what they can, the weak suffer what they must".
The second two lines are a spin off of Daresso's quote upon entering the halls of the Grand Arena, "Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious".
Both are modified to better fit the theme of the belt and to make a more cohesive entry.
Last edited by Faado on Jul 19, 2016, 12:55:57 PM
Name: Elusive Fortress

Flavour text: With both cunning and strenght,
evasive and hard-hitting,
they will never know what hit them.
Ok, so we have a belt that's built around two major ideas.

1) Hybrid armor/evasion builds.
Flavour-wise, that brings to mind a weathered fighter that knows his limits and has the wisdom to keep at the edge of them, only dodging whatever they cannot block. Kind of a veteran soldier, whose many battles past gave him the muscle memory to deal with any kind of threat in the most optimal way.

2) Fortify from Stun, Onslaught from Fortify
There is a pattern among the steps of this mechanism. Hard hits give defensive bonuses, then defensive bonuses give speed. In the mindset of previously said veteran, hard initiation would give you the upper hand in combat, burdaining your opponent, making their attacks lighter and slower (aka you gain defensive bonuses and speed in comparison).

On that train of thought...

"
Acumen of War

Wait not, act fast.
Strike first, walk last.

EDIT: Added an image, looks better. :D

Last edited by Cuorion on Jul 19, 2016, 1:53:21 PM
For the name: "The Warrior's Grace", since you have the damage mitigation from Fortify, hence the "heavily armoured warrior" and the raw speed from Onslaugth would be the "Grace" during the battle.

For the flavour: "They say the best defence is a good offense. I say that it is even better to have both" or "They say the best defence is a good offense. Is there any reason to choose only one?"
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?

I wouldn't know. I've never encountered an immovable object."
Name: Meginord's nuttsack

Text: Scratch, Sniff, Gag.
Saved

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info