ZiggyD's Community Unique Design - Names and Flavour Text

Name : The Keeper of Rage Vanguard Belt
"
1% attack damage per 400 armor and evasion

Hows that work, exactly? Does that mean if I have 40,000 Armor and 40,000 Evasion, I get 200% increased attack damage, or only 100?
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
NAME: Lioneye's demise

Flavour:
Lioneye's mistake was to think he could take the karui up front when everything he had to do was to avoid the first attack.
Name: The Offspring

Flavour text:

A Father like Stone
But crumbling away
A Mother like Water
Floating astray
Only the child
Stands strong to this day

I like the focus on the hybrid type of the belt and wanted to emphasize this in the flavour text.
Cheers.
Last edited by ben_hure on Jul 19, 2016, 6:31:28 AM
Remorseless Assault is what came into my mind. Remorseless 'cause I think the word hasn't been used anywhere in PoE and which can be interpreted as a synonym for the word 'unrelenting' while implying the needlessness of looking back. Unrelenting is of course already a Juggernaut passive and this belt is kinda similar to it in the way it gives more damage for being tankier while giving you damage reduction. And Assault to represent the Onslaught part. The belt screams JUGGERNAUT! to me so the flavor text too should reflect that.

The flavor text depicts the way Juggernaut fights, charging in, taking blows, raising hell in a way that might seem chaotic but is very collected and systematic. 'Refined resolve' refers to being agile (Grace, Evasion), determined (Determination, Armour) and in control while the second line points to the hectic nature of melee combat, the need to adjust and improvise. The third line states that whoever can master both is and will be the last one standing, the one who moves on.

So in my head the belt looks like this:

Remorseless Assault
Vanguard Belt (A new belt base type)
+305 to Armour and Evasion Rating
--------------------------
1% increased attack damage per 400 Armour and Evasion
15% chance to gain Fortify on Melee Stun
You have Onslaught while you have Fortify

Refined resolve
Raging, boiling blood
Slaughter embodied
--------------------------------------
Dudes need their beauty sleep too
--------------------------------------
Lioneye's Sash
"Strike swiftly and stand tall. Follow that motto and you shall not fall" - Bestel
"
lowgrasswhite wrote:
I can't tell if all these Daresso, Merveil and whatnot "quotes" used as flavour text are actual quotes. Are we just pretending someone said something because we put a "..." - Daresso in there?
Is that allowed?

I'll leave the lore making to GGG.
I think the community should stick to non-quotational flavour texts.
It's our chance to break the fourth wall, ok, so not break, but...crack it a little bit and peer through.

Pants references are welcome. x)

It's allowed.

"The item's name should be memorable, unique and evocative of the item. The flavour text could be a quote from a historical figure, an observation on events past or present, or simply a quippy line that ties in with the theme of the item. Together with the stats of the item, the flavour text and item name should tell a story, and help inform the artist that creates the belt's art."
"
Antnee wrote:
"
1% attack damage per 400 armor and evasion

Hows that work, exactly? Does that mean if I have 40,000 Armor and 40,000 Evasion, I get 200% increased attack damage, or only 100?

100%
Gath Vanguard Belt

A man from Gath was a champion, a monster who had never been beaten, and then a young guy came forward, a child who believed in God and did it.
Last edited by Gosen on Jul 19, 2016, 6:33:54 AM
Name : Ironclad

This bels is very good if you take Champion ascendancy , you will have always Fortify and Onslaught.
Last edited by SerenaDrake on Jul 19, 2016, 6:38:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info