Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

"
Albinosaurus wrote:

If you're completely honest trolling, there's no challenge in Normal/Cruel Lab anyway.

Fixed
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
If risk/reward isn't considered then why do you want them behind malachai? Why not just get them automatically every tenth level?
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
vio wrote:
and having to solve a complicated puzzle only to get a rare helm from a supply cache at best is ... underwhelming.

Have these puzzles open up secret passageways that bypass traps. Is that so hard to do?

It is a cool idea, but many of the lab haters use the argument "doesn't fit in my definition of this game's genre". If they use that argument for traps, they'll use that argument for puzzles.

Oh, and we can't forget the constant controversy over legacy items. Every time one is made people bitch. Every time one is not made people bitch. Some people even bitch between these two times.

I don't see that happening. The problem won't be the puzzles as it isn't the traps right now. It is the way they are implemented. A few traps for flavour are alright, but when you fill one to two screens full of traps it becomes a jump and run game. One puzzle won't change the gameplay it will enhance it, as would a few traps do.

And yea that was Casual_ascent's idea, not mine. It's in the big thread.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Jul 20, 2016, 3:02:05 AM
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
"
...that really shouldn't be the case with how easy the lab is and how powerful ascendancy classes are.

Some people say the Lab is easy, some say it's hard, some say the Ascendancy classes are super powerful, but even that is subjective due to their possible applications and the requirement of player knowledge to make the most out of them.

Ultimately, trying to relate the risk/challenge of Lab to the reward of Ascendancy can never be a useful argument.

I agree. The labyrinth is both easy and hard. While it may be hard for some builds, for others like Juggernauts and very high movement rate Evasion characters, it is easy. Those builds seem to be able to navigate through the traps easily and then the challenge is just Izaro. This is why it may be best to just move the ascendancy points away from the labyrinth completely. The labyrinth is not able to be a good test of different kind of builds. PoE is a game designed for fighting monsters not traversing traps. I doubt if GGG could ever get the labyrinth balanced properly to test/challenge different builds as well as a semi-balanced new boss.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
If risk/reward isn't considered then why do you want them behind malachai? Why not just get them automatically every tenth level?

I wouldn't mind that solution either, but like I said, I'm going for a compromise here. I also stated why putting it behind Malachai would be a good choice. Not sure if you're arguing just to argue, or if you're actually reading what I wrote.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"
Turtledove wrote:
I agree. The labyrinth is both easy and hard. While it may be hard for some builds, for others like Juggernauts and very high movement rate Evasion characters, it is easy. Those builds seem to be able to navigate through the traps easily and then the challenge is just Izaro. This is why it may be best to just move the ascendancy points away from the labyrinth completely. The labyrinth is not able to be a good test of different kind of builds. PoE is a game designed for fighting monsters not traversing traps. I doubt if GGG could ever get the labyrinth balanced properly to test/challenge different builds as well as a semi-balanced new boss.

This is especially true because many of the mechanics behind the traps and Izaro are designed to cheese player builds--not challenge them.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

This is especially true because many of the mechanics behind the traps and Izaro are designed to cheese player builds--not challenge them.

Exactly, GGG just buffing and buffing non-stop Speed meta and make it more and more required/must have. Everything become useless unless its full speed no brain meta.

GGG become worse and lost all their great at start idea like freedom/equality of builds, diversity builds, etc. Now its meta or GTFO! And only this.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
The problem people find with Labyrinth is it requires a thought process which most Path of Exile players have lost or never had to begin with.

Incorporating a puzzle into the game gives players time to think about their next move rather than become mindless zombies.

This is why Labyrinth is one of the greatest features to the game, it gives players an opportunity to use their brain!
How many of these threads were created by the same 10 or so players that seem to feel compelled to post a new thread with the same complaint every day?

I'm not super into the lab myself, but running it for ascendancy points has never caused me any issues. I would prefer that the end drops in uber lab were more rewarding, though.
But don´t fit rest of the game and current powercreep fast meta.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info