I question if I'm just growing out of the whole ARPG thing.

I'll tell you some of my childhood which involves me just studying all day in conjunction to mf'ing like a very very long time of combination of the two in terms of Diablo II and school shit / family work shit.

Whether it be pindle runs and eventually the whole classic Baal run for hours and hours. Quite basic of some of my child hood now fastfoward to the days of PoE where I'm grown up doing family business shit while servants ask ''Why did you spend so much money at a game where you don't even play it anymore'' I simply ask myself yeah I dunno why either within every single league that I do I get the best gear / finish all challenges then fade away for awhile. Is it because the gameplay is shit? The hunt is shit or mf'ing?

Probably not I don't even MF much and if I do I usually just get a bunch of dick while in conjunction to most of my profit comes from the trading. Is that why I'm bored? Just trading all day to become a god every single league? Or am I growing out of it? I even question myself I'll be making 1-2 more div cards + 2 uniques and say boy am I really going to be playing this much longer?

tldr I'm trying to find out why I don't play as much as I use to in my childhood even when I finished everything in D2 I still continued to play while I fade eventually in PoE every ''season'' league.

/dinosaur.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last bumped on Jul 31, 2016, 8:17:08 AM
Instant gratification + power creep made the game feel hollow.

Add to that you have grown up and matured, starting to like different things that just arent gaming. On top of that playing the same game non-stop for a while surely burns you out.

You could try different things, its up to you though. See what is fun/enjoyable and try it, maybe thats SSF or only HC leagues, or building non-meta but themed/cool builds, maybe thats taking a break from gaming and traveling or working or dancing or or or.

Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Its not powercreep or any of that bull people keep spouting off because they want to play a game where ot takes an hour to clear a map because they suck at this game and hate seein people go faster than them.

No i believe ots quite simply that the game formula hasnt evolved at all. Its has always been make character level thrpugh the acts/difficulties, farm easy areas and aquire gear/items to trade, utilize game knowledge to aquire wealth, gear your character, push for end game maps/atziri.

GGG has created a ton of content over the years but most doesnt chamge the general formula. They also never folded content from leagues into the game and now the whole game feels underwhelming.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
I think a lot of us are wondering the same..

Spoiler
But no it cannot be just that. It is some of that, but i think it is because the crown has never been claimed - PoE remains lacking in many aspects and many of its systems are overcomplicated, draining and frustrating. It chokeholds you forces you to submit, though. Diablo was a more free fun less numb yourself till its over type of game. In Diablo you bounced from good experience to good experience, sometimes in poe you need to cross the desert barefooted for just one good experience.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 18, 2016, 7:14:29 AM
Even if GGG pushes out content pretty often, there's a limit. Every single league WILL be pretty much the same. Becoming "burned out" seems like a taboo in this forums. But when you've played the same game for several years, experiencing every single thing the game has to offer - over and over again, even an autistic person would grow tired. It's freakin' normal.

And the sad thing is: A lot of these "hate threads" (this not being one of them) comes from burnouts. People growing tired of the game, complaining about everything. Why is a god, old fashioned burnout so taboo in here?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Lack of goal makes gameplay seem hollow. Do you have a goal with this game? Or better, long-term goal, not the seasonal one.
Spreading salt since 2006
Burnout is real people

I have managed to avoid burnout mostly by playing self-found for the longest time, and even though I have started to trade now, I try to keep it to a minimum, this makes goals harder to reach, and progress feels better.

However, I do get kinda bored at times, so I try to find other games. Then I get an idea for some crazy build to try out, and return to POE to have fun leveling it. Strangely I have more fun leveling new builds than grinding high level chars....
The plan is simple: win! If you do not win, you did not follow the plan
I remember how cool Rogue was when I finally got one of the first color monitors. Think it was 1978 or so. Still playing ARPGs... which really evolved out of Rogue. I don't think you "grow out of it".

You do get tired, typically after getting to 40/40 in a new challenge league.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Even if GGG pushes out content pretty often, there's a limit. Every single league WILL be pretty much the same. Becoming "burned out" seems like a taboo in this forums. But when you've played the same game for several years, experiencing every single thing the game has to offer - over and over again, even an autistic person would grow tired. It's freakin' normal.

And the sad thing is: A lot of these "hate threads" (this not being one of them) comes from burnouts. People growing tired of the game, complaining about everything. Why is a god, old fashioned burnout so taboo in here?

I don't like how much content is being released now without balancing/polishing though. 2.0 was probably the most comfortable for me in terms of gameplay, nowadays from the crashes and FPS drops it's starting to kill interest.

Would like to see a temp league cycle with maybe just flashback mods/relaxed environment while they fix some performance and balance issues in the game. I get the feeling with each new patch more and more stuff continues to go on the back burner (always new MTX though hue)
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
I'll tell you some of my childhood which involves me just studying all day in conjunction to mf'ing like a very very long time of combination of the two in terms of Diablo II and school shit / family work shit.

Whether it be pindle runs and eventually the whole classic Baal run for hours and hours. Quite basic of some of my child hood now fastfoward to the days of PoE where I'm grown up doing family business shit while servants ask ''Why did you spend so much money at a game where you don't even play it anymore'' I simply ask myself yeah I dunno why either within every single league that I do I get the best gear / finish all challenges then fade away for awhile. Is it because the gameplay is shit? The hunt is shit or mf'ing?

Probably not I don't even MF much and if I do I usually just get a bunch of dick while in conjunction to most of my profit comes from the trading. Is that why I'm bored? Just trading all day to become a god every single league? Or am I growing out of it? I even question myself I'll be making 1-2 more div cards + 2 uniques and say boy am I really going to be playing this much longer?

tldr I'm trying to find out why I don't play as much as I use to in my childhood even when I finished everything in D2 I still continued to play while I fade eventually in PoE every ''season'' league.

/dinosaur.

its because you play softcore :x

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info