I question if I'm just growing out of the whole ARPG thing.

"
I don't think age has much to do with it. Or rather, not in the way one might think.

I think the issue is that PoE does not reward short play sessions.

I can assure you that is not OP's problem :S
"
I think the issue is that PoE does not reward short play sessions. You play for an hour or two and you don't feel like you've done anything. Yeah, you've probably made some progress towards your next level, but you didn't actually get that level so you don't feel satisfied.

First sentence is true, next two sentences are subjective. Whenever I spend an hour, I don't get much in return (in terms of rewards) other than completing my dailies and a little XP. In contrast, when I game 3+ hours I see currency gains left and right. But even with an hour of gameplay I still enjoyed the time spent, and that's the most important part.

Regardless, that's not related to the OP at all, a person who's invested a lot into PoE and has played even more.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
innervation wrote:
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
They also never folded content from leagues into the game and now the whole game feels underwhelming.

Lol. The old 'what have you done for me lately mentality'. Sad.

--

To address the dinosaur's existential crisis, let's wait and see what 2.4 has to offer before going into sad-sack mode. You've 'beaten' pretty much everything the devs have thrown at us since release including the BiS gear hunt. There is little PvP support, what we have isn't terribly compelling, and there's no 'endless' PvE mode. Also you play SC :|

While that doesn't answer why you kept playing Diablo and you do leave the challenge leagues, it's a start.

Edit: in terms of 'money well spent' or not so well spent, if you buy a new car you don't have to drive it 24/7 to make the purchase worthwhile.

Uh what? I have played this game as long as you have...4 years without the game evolving is being pretty patient if you ask me...
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
buying orbs is not Mfing.
"
Kechop wrote:
buying orbs is not Mfing.

What does that have to do with anything what I just said?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 18, 2016, 7:20:56 PM
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Uh what? I have played this game as long as you have...4 years without the game evolving is being pretty patient if you ask me...

Tempest, Torment, Bloodlines, Rampage, Beyond, Ambush, Invasion, Nemesis, Domination, Anarchy, and Onslaught all got rolled into the game. Technically Warbands is currently still alive in Prophecy. Prophecy is live right now, and Chris said they are thinking about reasonable ways to bring back Talisman and maybe incorporate Prophecy into standard.

Your premise, if you recall, was: "They also never folded content from leagues into the game". To focus only on the recent non-additions of Talisman, Perandus, and Warbands is pretty much the definition of a 'what have you done for me lately?' attitude. They've rolled 78.5% of league content into the game.
"
innervation wrote:
"
TheAshmaker wrote:

Tempest, Torment, Bloodlines, Rampage, Beyond, Ambush, Invasion, Nemesis, Domination, Anarchy, and Onslaught all got rolled into the game. Technically Warbands is currently still alive in Prophecy. Prophecy is live right now, and Chris said they are thinking about reasonable ways to bring back Talisman and maybe incorporate Prophecy into standard.

Your premise, if you recall, was: "They also never folded content from leagues into the game". To focus only on the recent non-additions of Talisman, Perandus, and Warbands is pretty much the definition of a 'what have you done for me lately?' attitude. They've rolled 78.5% of league content into the game.

Rampage, Warband is not active thats b.s., Tempest, Talisman including the Talisman specific bosses...thats a lot of content that they created that never made it into the game. I guess we differ in opinion but that is a fuckload of leagues that they basically did nothing with. Warbands & Tempest were active back from July of 2015...thats almost a full year of created content that didn't get rolled back into the game. 1 out of the 4 years this game has not been active has been wasted.

And lets be real honest...Nemesis, Onslaught, Invasion, Bloodline all the ones that implemented new monster affixes while cool additions were just that...content that added monster affixes. They were all in all basically the same style of content. Moreover these leagues were not folded back into the game in full force...they are very sparse encounters and as map mods only.

So dude come on...i love PoE, its my favorite game ever created but you cannot sit there with a straight face and say this game hasn't been basically the same formula over the last four years.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Rampage, Warband is not active thats b.s., Tempest, Talisman including the Talisman specific bosses...thats a lot of content that they created that never made it into the game. I guess we differ in opinion but that is a fuckload of leagues that they basically did nothing with. Warbands & Tempest were active back from July of 2015...thats almost a full year of created content that didn't get rolled back into the game. 1 out of the 4 years this game has not been active has been wasted.

And lets be real honest...Nemesis, Onslaught, Invasion, Bloodline all the ones that implemented new monster affixes while cool additions were just that...content that added monster affixes. They were all in all basically the same style of content. Moreover these leagues were not folded back into the game in full force...they are very sparse encounters and as map mods only.

So dude come on...i love PoE, its my favorite game ever created but you cannot sit there with a straight face and say this game hasn't been basically the same formula over the last four years.

To be fair, the new Nemesis card set is a huge step in the right direction, IMO. Exclusive uniques are a terrible idea that only serves to promote more special-snowflake syndrome. Nothing turns me off to a game more than knowing I can never achieve something because I've been locked out of it. It's the reason I quit FFVII in disc three because I missed something in disc one. So having those items returned to active play, in a more realistic manner than "Zara and pray," is an excellent move and I hope to see more rolled into the game like this.

That said, I never played leagues until I decided to jump back in halfway through Talisman. SO having my first two leagues be stricken from existence like they were just baffles and angers me. Sure, Talisman-boosted mobs and Perandus packs ate a dick, but that's why you balance things before releasing them to standard. It's no mystery why nobody plays standard anymore, because we've had two leagues worth of famine, two leagues in which standard may as well not even exist.

Hell, Talisman threw an entire boss and side-quest out the window. All that programming, all those assets, all that development cost just flushed down the toilet. And now we're set to have the Council joining ol' Riggy in the drain pipe. What kind of coke-and-hooker money does GGG think they have that they can get away with this shit?
This is a buff™
Our little T-Rex is growing up. *Sigh* <3
I grew out of MMOs. I'd rather kill myself than show up to raid four times a week for four hours straight. I guess the same thing can happen with ARPGs...
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info