Caption the Screenshot Competition Winners!

https://youtu.be/HrsynT1Yplo here you go gg i delete everything!! take 45min but there for 10min

next you do a stupid event make sure you do it right ... and with the new league bug/lag/crash it been 1are 2 month and still crash and crazy lag... time for me to get the **** out...
and if you want to buy thing is like 20$ over i buy something at 50$ and it cost me 70/76$ anyway i try but this is the end
"
lotting2782 wrote:
https://youtu.be/HrsynT1Yplo here you go gg i delete everything!! take 45min but there for 10min

next you do a stupid event make sure you do it right ... and with the new league bug/lag/crash it been 1are 2 month and still crash and crazy lag... time for me to get the **** out...
and if you want to buy thing is like 20$ over i buy something at 50$ and it cost me 70/76$ anyway i try but this is the end

Hahaha, you're deleting everything over a screenshot caption contest? Thanks for the lolz. Or are you just spamming your rage quit in unrelated forum threads?

Any ways, I'd hate be someone who leaves you in a relationship in r/l.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jul 7, 2016, 12:49:54 PM
how do you chose those winners..?
all the winners have 5-15 supporter thingys under their forum names, coincidence i suppose..?
right....

Look i made one too, maybe not very skillfull, but oooh so true 3:)

IGN: Bluntexile
Last edited by Bluntexile on Jul 7, 2016, 1:56:08 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
sauldosanjos wrote:
I've never said it would determine the winning, stop trying to justify everything just because you won.

Advantageous =/= meaningless

I was just happy to make my entries. I had another entry as well. Even if I didn't win, I'd still be happy for those who did. It was a contest for fun, not for life and death to be analyzed by the community to such a detailed level of picking apart the wording of the rules.

Jesus, cipher, stop already. Did you ever hear of "quit while you're ahead"? People loved your entry, you HAD A LOT OF FUN MAKING IT - we got it, trust me.

No one will take away your new toy set, so stop defending a crappy executed competition. Stop calling shit roses only because your work is one of 2-3 that actually had any quality to them amongst the "winning" ones.

it was NOT a caption competition, it was a show-off-your-poor-pain-skills event, if it was called like that from the start, many people (me included) wouldn't have wasted their time doing something creative and actually INTERESTING. Simple as that.

So stop making a clown out of yourself now jumping at every single negative comment made in this topic. I repeat - no one will take your reward away, so gz! (you actually deserved it).

e/ I wonder if we will get any sort of response from GGG, considering the amount of criticizm towards this entire "event" in here and in reddit, probably not.
Last edited by Fifth2301 on Jul 7, 2016, 2:00:49 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
lotting2782 wrote:

Hahaha, you're deleting everything over a screenshot caption contest? Thanks for the lolz. Or are you just spamming your rage quit in unrelated forum threads?

Any ways, I'd hate be someone who leaves you in a relationship in r/l.

Out of all the shit entries I actually enjoyed yours. Stop being a poor winner.
Saved
I'll throw my 2 cents. I'm a very new member in this community yet I've been playing games for like 20 years. I've seen many, many contests like this one: "cc the screenshot" and it has always been an event where you simply have to write a text, there's nothing about editing a picture. I do know that it doesn't has to be the same here, every game with their own rules, but the problem comes when reading the tittle "cc the screenshot" doesn't mean "edit the picture".

I simply suggest to GGG to pick up 5-10 additional winners among all the participants that only wrote a text below the image. There were many, many entries like these because that how the event was supposed to be.

The next time, just make it a lot clearer. Either cc the screenshot or edit it and stick to the rules.

"
Fifth2301 wrote:
Jesus, cipher, stop already. Did you ever hear of "quit while you're ahead"?

So stop making a clown out of yourself now jumping at every single negative comment made in this topic. I repeat - no one will take your reward away, so gz! (you actually deserved it).

/sigh I'd be posting here regardless of outcome. So the complainers get to attack GGG, and I don't get to defend them? I see how that is.
"
Lazael666 wrote:

The next time, just make it a lot clearer. Either cc the screenshot or edit it and stick to the rules.

Let me quote from the original thread:

"We're providing 18 screenshots for you to work with. These can be found in the post below this one. It's then up to you to succinctly caption the screenshot in 300 characters or less. This can be anything you think of! Lore, fan-fiction, hilarity or anything else.

You're also welcome to edit the images. For example, you could add speech bubbles to make your commentary clearer. The main restriction is that the image must still be recognisable after editing. If you'd like to cut it up and make it into a multi-paneled comic, that's fine too.
"

I think that speaks for itself.
It's hard to cast a spell with a blade in your throat, eh Witch?
I guess there's a lesson to be learned with all of this.

Don't expect to be compensated for working hard at things when there's no wage involved. You'll only set yourself up for disappointment.

I can't imagine why anyone would expect anything different than what happened here. Just like their game design ideals and forum moderation policies are always changing, wouldn't it make sense that they altered the contest rules a little as well?

It's for fun, so who cares anyway. Work hard at your IRL jobs for the real rewards.
"
Don't expect to be compensated for working hard at things when there's no wage involved. You'll only set yourself up for disappointment.

"
It's for fun, so who cares anyway. Work hard at your IRL jobs for the real rewards.

You hit the nail on the head.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info