Did performance get better in the last patch?

Chris Wilson posted this on the subreddit about the recent patch:

"
Chris wrote:

This patch also includes some speculative performance fixes that we didn't want to put in the patch notes until we know how much of an improvement they are.

I'm playing Blade Vortex this league. Before the patch, I was getting terrible screen freezes every time I hit a big pack. "Allies can't die" on anything tanky brought me down to less than one FPS for up to half a minute sometimes (at which point I was usually very, very dead). After the patch, none of that's happening. I'm staying comfortably in the double digits even when I'm in an "allies can't die" pack for five seconds.

I'm guessing this is related to the improvements in the patch. Maybe not. Has anyone else had any performance increases lately? This change has really been the difference between night and day for me, and Blade Vortex went from being incredibly painful to play to incredibly fun.
Last bumped on Sep 26, 2016, 1:48:34 PM
Yeah I think they actually made some big progress lately.

For me, the 30 seconds of stuttering at the beginning of every rainy zone are pretty much gone now.
For me it made a huge improvement. Load times are way down and the "loading on the fly" is barely noticeable. Of course, there are many who got screwed.

Seems that a single-core processor with lots of memory benefited.
I haven't noticed any improvement for my kinetic blaster tbh
well, for me it gets worse each new patch
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
I can see some improvements on load speed but I also get random DCs on load screens way more often these days.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Some decent progress but a lot of the bullshit is the Shipyard/Courtyard Map style layouts that lag a bunch at the beginning. Random DC's as well.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
It's disappointing poe runs so badly with SSD + gtx980 + i7-5930K + 32GB ram
Still get some terrible client side lag, especially during lab runs (killed me once last night) that further fuels my hatred for lab.
Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
"
Still get some terrible client side lag, especially during lab runs (killed me once last night) that further fuels my hatred for lab.

Amen you and me both... what really kills me is the game was FINE before this prophecy patch. after that everything went to hell. VERY disappointed... Makes me cringe at the thought of more "Performance Improvements" My BV build is STILL pretty much unplayable even after the last patch that was suppose to fix the memory issue. Its almost every single Blue pack i hit ESPECIALLY if the map has pack size the game freezes so bad its a roll of the dice most times if im gonna make it out alive. Its like the game is struggling to calculate too many hits to too many enemies or something. And things like Beyond spawns are the worst. Beyond boss spawns can lock the game up completely till im dead.

Running the same specs as you as well except for im running 16G of Ram not 32 yet. Though much like my upgrade from a GTX760 to a GTX980 im sure it wont matter anyway...
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jul 9, 2016, 12:06:41 PM
"
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info