Help in uber lab.

Here is the best item to mitigate izaro damage:

[[Ring of Awesome]]
[0 to maximum life]
[0 to maximum energy shield]
[0 to all elemental resistances]
[Immune to damage while running clockwise]

After he uses an ability, there is a short time in which he will not attack. Hit and keep running.
Voidheart is a great suggestion by all for more damage but your issue is defense so I'm not sure why everyone just talks about that.

On paper your defenses look good for physical hits from Izaro. Was he buffed by elemental charges when you fought him? You should be able to facetank his physical hits, but not the elemental ones. I actually found him easier with Immortal Call on self cast if you want to try that out. Move away, get charges, pop IC, go to town for 4-5 sec.
That's why I was scratching my head. On paper I'm tanky.
I'm going to try any and all suggestions. Uber lab is my 'end boss' right now.
Dude, you are wearing a bloody Abyssus. The most dangerous item in the game...

That Abyssus alone negates all of the damage reduction you have mentioned in your starting post...
Forget about voidheart, you should be doing enough damage and survive at 6.1 HP. Your problems are:

1.) Wearing Abyssus - you get hit for 46% extra phys damage. Izaro is mostly phys.
2.) Not grabbing all the endu. charges. You wanna tank, then tank.
3.) Use endu. cry to keep up endu charges all the time during the fight (if you use IC, you can keep abyssus, but requires more skill to pull off during the clustefvk of the last stage)
4.) Carcass? Meh, go full armor (1.5k chest) or ev/ar hybrid chest. Since your 6L is in Marohi, replacing the chest should not be a problem.

E:
5.) You need at least one curse removal flask (not on life!), for the stage with fonts, else youll be tri-cursed and rip.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 4, 2016, 12:42:08 PM
I swapped my helmet out and added temp chains. Made it right to the end and nearly had him. I knew the helmet was giving me damage increases (both ways!) but im surprised how bad it hurts for traps too. Massive difference on trap damage.

That end room though... Much more deadly than a merc end room. Another try or 2 and I got this. Thanks for all the help people!

As for my chest and charges. I already max out with 4 charges and ev arm, I dont need more tank. I like using iron reflexes. With a few more T1 items I can move the tree about a bit more. But thats pro streamer gear XD out of my price range.

Never felt the need for curse pots. Something to ponder about :)
...and let this be a lesson:

Don't use an item that increases damage you take unless you absolutely require another attribute on that item, or that increased damage taken modifier is negligible to you. For example, a Chaos Inoculation build using Incandescent Heart. 25% of elemental damage taken as chaos damage is 25% free mitigation to all elemental damage.

Thus, Abyssus is a very situational unique.
"
squevil wrote:
As for my chest and charges. I already max out with 4 charges and ev arm, I dont need more tank. I like using iron reflexes. With a few more T1 items I can move the tree about a bit more. But thats pro streamer gear XD out of my price range.

Worth noting here: it lists an average. This average assumes a fairly normal monster hitting you, a bandit or something. The amount of %PDR you get from Armour scales based on the amount of Damage you take, however; harder hits face smaller relative mitigation.

You might have 90% estimated PDR, but that estimate is based on a lower Damage value than Izaro's attacks, especially his fancy moves.

Wikilink, if you're into numbers :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 4, 2016, 5:13:15 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
squevil wrote:

Worth noting here: it lists an average. This average assumes a fairly normal monster hitting you, a bandit or something. The amount of %PDR you get from Armour scales based on the amount of Damage you take, however; harder hits face smaller relative mitigation.

You might have 90% estimated PDR, but that estimate is based on a lower Damage value than Izaro's attacks, especially his fancy moves.

Wikilink, if you're into numbers :)

The Wiki contradicts itself:

"Armor will never prevent more damage than its value divided by 10 (e.g. 1000 armor will never prevent more than 100 damage)."

According to that example, 1000 armor should not prevent more than 100 damage from a single hit, ever.

Yet above that it claims:

"To prevent one third of damage, you need armor 5 times the damage (e.g. 500 armor for 100 damage).

500 divided by 10 is 50, so 500 armor should not prevent more than 50 damage. This means that 1000 armor should be able to mitigate at least 200 damage per hit, as opposed to 100.

Again, whoever is writing the wiki is messing up. The last "Rule of Thumb" should be corrected, assuming that part is incorrect.
It's a frustrating part of the game. 90% should mean 90%. Although thinking about it. Phy hits hurt. Ev builds would be seriously having a hard time getting 1 shot.
Same as crit chance. Why say 10% on an item, when what it really means is 1%?!
I never look to much into the numbers game. I find it ruins games as it turns it into maths with graphics. When I start that path (of exile) it usually spells the end of my time on it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info