[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

Hi i'm playing this build but I have problems keeping the frenzy up in a lot of situations (where it actually matters against rares/bosses). It just seems like a waste of time hitting them with frenzy 3 times (i have 3 frenzy max atm, can spec into fourth when i'm comfortable) when I can just explode them with frost wall. I guess maintaining frenzy and the whole poison thing feels like a gimmick that's counter-intuitive to clearspeed... Poison doesn't seem to do much damage but it's hard to tell when you decimate things with frost wall.

Do you guys bother with poison on bosses? When you have to keep up short duration frenzy charges, maybe decoy, then frenzy again for keeping 3 stacks up, setup frost wall into finally killing the mob I generally just skip all of that and frost wall (maybe decoy, less need since less setup time) and destroy it.

Also it just sucks to want to loot things but you feel the need to just charge on so you don't lose your frenzy stacks.

Thanks for the build though I like all the other aspects such as the survivability and the movement speed.
"
ultron1337 wrote:
why do u not use voidheart and drop the Snakebites?

Voidheart only works for melee skills, however this is a ranged bow build

"
boarface wrote:
Hi i'm playing this build but I have problems keeping the frenzy up in a lot of situations (where it actually matters against rares/bosses). It just seems like a waste of time hitting them with frenzy 3 times (i have 3 frenzy max atm, can spec into fourth when i'm comfortable) when I can just explode them with frost wall. I guess maintaining frenzy and the whole poison thing feels like a gimmick that's counter-intuitive to clearspeed... Poison doesn't seem to do much damage but it's hard to tell when you decimate things with frost wall.

Do you guys bother with poison on bosses? When you have to keep up short duration frenzy charges, maybe decoy, then frenzy again for keeping 3 stacks up, setup frost wall into finally killing the mob I generally just skip all of that and frost wall (maybe decoy, less need since less setup time) and destroy it.

Also it just sucks to want to loot things but you feel the need to just charge on so you don't lose your frenzy stacks.

Thanks for the build though I like all the other aspects such as the survivability and the movement speed.

If you have a 6link+reach you can just use a poison gem as a 6th link and all your problems are gone. It takes a bit of practice/adapting to the playstyle but once you are used to keeping your frenzies up i find it pretty easy to do, shooting things with frenzy+faster attacks 3-4 times is not that bad vs. bosses with no adds.

Poison is definetely not a gimmick. it adds about twice the damage you do with a single hit. So if you hit a mob for only 50% of its health you know its gonna die because the poison is so strong. that is what makes clearing really fast because you only need to hit a mob once in general. just try out for yourself.

And poison is really needed/helpful vs. things like uber Atziri, Core Malachai, uber argus and alike. shooting them with frenzy CoH also allows you to curse them while youre charging.

Edit: also you need to pick up 2-3 frenzy charge duration nodes since snakebite reduces the duration. check for yourself i guess your charges only last 7 seconds which is a major reason why you think its bad. There is a reason why the tree is like I posted it. 36%extra frenzy duration is importantt to get
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Jul 11, 2016, 2:01:47 AM
"
cmphx wrote:
If you have a 6link+reach you can just use a poison gem as a 6th link and all your problems are gone. It takes a bit of practice/adapting to the playstyle but once you are used to keeping your frenzies up i find it pretty easy to do, shooting things with frenzy+faster attacks 3-4 times is not that bad vs. bosses with no adds.

Poison is definetely not a gimmick. it adds about twice the damage you do with a single hit. So if you hit a mob for only 50% of its health you know its gonna die because the poison is so strong. that is what makes clearing really fast because you only need to hit a mob once in general. just try out for yourself.

And poison is really needed/helpful vs. things like uber Atziri, Core Malachai, uber argus and alike. shooting them with frenzy CoH also allows you to curse them while youre charging.

Edit: also you need to pick up 2-3 frenzy charge duration nodes since snakebite reduces the duration. check for yourself i guess your charges only last 7 seconds which is a major reason why you think its bad. There is a reason why the tree is like I posted it. 36%extra frenzy duration is importantt to get

Hey I picked up the extra frenzy charge/duration nodes and i'm at 10 secs now which is a big improvement. I thought the snakebite decreased duration would balance it out a lot but it didn't. I have't really done any late game content with this character as i'm only level 76.

I guess the reason I didn't see the value in poison is because frost wall is so overpowered the poison is completely irrelevant for most of the games content lol. I do have a 6 link reach so destroying everything is probably my problem.

I also am not sure about some of the movement speed bonuses since I don't really like flying into packs of mobs at 100+% movement speed and barely being able to react so I might make some changes. I barely use my quicksilver in certain maps because i'm so fast at this point. I guess this is personal preference. I might stash my devoto's for anything but lab runs (and i can enchant it) which will ease up the cost for resists and life on other gear.

Thanks for the build. I will try to get to end game maps and see how it goes.
You can use 6 link poison gem i use is very good:) i clear t15 map fast:) my links and gear i have 30k toltip in hideaout:)
Last edited by armanii84 on Jul 11, 2016, 3:54:22 AM

Last edited by mindlapse8 on Feb 19, 2020, 6:07:09 AM
My Budget is around 5 Ex i would buy a not linked Reach and a 5Linked Kintsugi (for the LA Attack) is this Setup viable for T10+ Maps?
"
boarface wrote:

Hey I picked up the extra frenzy charge/duration nodes and i'm at 10 secs now which is a big improvement. I thought the snakebite decreased duration would balance it out a lot but it didn't. I have't really done any late game content with this character as i'm only level 76.

I guess the reason I didn't see the value in poison is because frost wall is so overpowered the poison is completely irrelevant for most of the games content lol. I do have a 6 link reach so destroying everything is probably my problem.

I also am not sure about some of the movement speed bonuses since I don't really like flying into packs of mobs at 100+% movement speed and barely being able to react so I might make some changes. I barely use my quicksilver in certain maps because i'm so fast at this point. I guess this is personal preference. I might stash my devoto's for anything but lab runs (and i can enchant it) which will ease up the cost for resists and life on other gear.

Thanks for the build. I will try to get to end game maps and see how it goes.

yep well at your level a 6L reach is complete overkill :D If the movespeed is too much for you, you can change body armour to kintsugi like many here are doing and use a rare helmet instead of devotos

"
armanii84 wrote:
You can use 6 link poison gem i use is very good:) i clear t15 map fast:) my links and gear i have 30k toltip in hideaout:)
Spoiler

dude thats some impressive gear :D and 30k hideout dps is GG :D nice variant !

"
ultron1337 wrote:
My Budget is around 5 Ex i would buy a not linked Reach and a 5Linked Kintsugi (for the LA Attack) is this Setup viable for T10+ Maps?

yep that is more than enough to do all content. if capping resist is too difficult with your budget, get a rare helmet instead of devotion
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
armanii84 wrote:

How are you capping resist with this kind of gear? i have to use 5 rare pieces + jewels to get ele weekness capped
Having a blast with this build, i talked to op ingame and he is a super nice dude, answered all my questions.

I almost never use forum but he said that i could post my gear here,to inspire or whatever(probably wont as i m not a very creative person)

Anyways here is my gears

The build is very int hungry, despite getting 21+36 int on my jewelry i still have to take a 30 int node.

Other than that i changed the passive tree a little bit as i didn't grab the jewel socket at duelist section and went for hp nodes named "Thick skin(Donald trumperino)". Is not much difference tbh. The evasion/ms nodes doesn't feel very useful as i don't have a high evasion armor and 6 percent ms is not that noticeable. I also tried the attack speed nodes by the scion life wheel(square? rectangle?) called burger king, oh wait is berserking. I paired that with a 20/23 faster attack as 6l, it did add a lot tooltip but doesn't really do much as most of the time one-two shot is enough for a pack. So i dropped both of those.

I'm sitting at 7k hp and just under 20k tooltip atm, if i get really really nice jewellry and 6l my bow i'll opt for a kaom's heart and see where does that takes me. Although the high amount of hp is not foolproof for rip. As i don't have armor when i do get hit i lose a quite big chunk of hp.

And sometimes vulnerability maps can be quite annoying as the degen from blood rage really gets you. I might swap out a frenzy duration node for a 0.8 life regen node. Other than that phys reflect seems to be a big nono. My solution is grab a voltaxic and stick a gwp instead of faster proj, it still clears quite while. All in all with this build i m very comfortable doing red maps. Atziris. And is probably the safest archer i ve played(rip voltaxic cough cough).

Hey all, anyone want to help let me know why my damage is garbage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info