[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

"
qvaza wrote:

Thanks mate for the suggestions.
Minotaur is ok I got him.
Today i downed Hydra as well. Best fight so far and toughest.
I did it with 82% cold ress on a ele weakness map with +95% cold damage. Got 1 cold max from tree, one from ammy and 5 from 21 purity in the essence worm. Doable but slow with a 28lvl CA on a 6L bow.
Chimera is easy too. I was concerned, but did it with the default Barrage setup. No poisoning though. It works on the adds which are much harder imo than the boss itself.
For explosive arrow I am not sure you will be able to ignite passing the boss threshold HP. Havent tried.
Reach I havent been able to test but if you want we can do a quick test swaping mine and your just to check. Mine I got as a very good deal and its 440ish pdps. 6L it with 1000ish fuses which was annoying.
One thing i forgot to mention is that i swap Dareso's with Starkonja for bosses - more HP more defensive option.
My CA setup is at 7.2k HP and feels good.

In summary:
Up to t15 content is absolutelly no problem.
Chimera, Minotaur and Phoenix are fine with same setup disregarding immunities. Just have to kearn the fights.
Hydra is very tough and pain with this setup, will take ages, all skills dodge-ble with a good placement of decoy totem. To make it easier extra cold ress and other skill CA and maybe Puncture will work.

The Q

Edit: puncture is a good idea. Dont feel CA is that good for bosses. It melts packs and rares, but on bosses i am not a fan and my setup is probably as good as it can get (except lvl4 empower to push lvl29 CA).

i tried chimera and hydra solo today on my assassin version of the build. with very good engame gear both were very easy, just took a bbit longer. did you make any new experiences?

the fights are generally much easier if there is no hard mapmod on it. thats the main problem with the guardians.

edit: also killed shaper with my assassin, not sure how zerker would perform
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Sep 24, 2016, 7:14:05 PM
Can someone give some advice as to the highest priority quality gems for this build?
I have most of the main pieces of gear (including council bow) but just wondering if I should invest in some
quality gems. It looks like added chaos +20q is really good.

Or maybe it's better to start investing in jewels.
"
AcroKnight wrote:
Can someone give some advice as to the highest priority quality gems for this build?
I have most of the main pieces of gear (including council bow) but just wondering if I should invest in some
quality gems. It looks like added chaos +20q is really good.

Or maybe it's better to start investing in jewels.

getting quality on pierce, slowerproj, void manip, barrage, added chaos is very good, the rest is not that important. levels on added chaos matter alot
I've leveled up my Mara and am just about to start A4 Merc. I've got a 5L Queen of the Forest in the stash, and am looking at Glare vs continuing to save for Reach. I can pick up a 5L Glare for ~20c at the moment, would it be worth doing that first then starting to save for reach after? What links should I shoot for on the Glare for LA? LA--Added Chaos--Pierce--Slower Proj--GMP?
"
gibtuck wrote:
I've leveled up my Mara and am just about to start A4 Merc. I've got a 5L Queen of the Forest in the stash, and am looking at Glare vs continuing to save for Reach. I can pick up a 5L Glare for ~20c at the moment, would it be worth doing that first then starting to save for reach after? What links should I shoot for on the Glare for LA? LA--Added Chaos--Pierce--Slower Proj--GMP?

try to go with a 5L LA:

LA-GMP-Addedchaos-Slower-Pierce.

and a 4L Barrage:

Barrage-Addedchaos-slower-pierce

as long as possible, saving you the ~20c for the 5L. Should you run into problems with single target and you feel like it is too weak, you can still get a 5L Glare with void manip as 5th link. But I think the 4L barrage will be fine until T10 maps still. Just be sure youre at max. frenzy charges to get the poison damage ! And be sure to use a drillneck and snakebite of course.
The Aspect of Carnage ascendancy point of course is also mandatory at your point.
Hello,

I am trying to levelup this build, but I think I've made some mistakes while doing so :

1. Life is too low. I tried rushing for the pierce cluster, as suggested.
2. I dont have a good bow. Using marohi + 6L EQ. but the damage is pretty bad.
3. I think I regretted the melee nodes too early.

I am level 60 right now. Charname is ASLI_BHAYANAK_MAUT.

I'm very seriously considering re-rolling right now.

Any tips/suggestions? Any other skill/etc I can use to make the next 7 levels less painful?
"
Disconaut wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to levelup this build, but I think I've made some mistakes while doing so :

1. Life is too low. I tried rushing for the pierce cluster, as suggested.
2. I dont have a good bow. Using marohi + 6L EQ. but the damage is pretty bad.
3. I think I regretted the melee nodes too early.

I am level 60 right now. Charname is ASLI_BHAYANAK_MAUT.

I'm very seriously considering re-rolling right now.

Any tips/suggestions? Any other skill/etc I can use to make the next 7 levels less painful?

you should have followed the recommendation to level till dried lake merciles until you can equip a lioneyes glare, snakebite and drillneck. without those, leveling is indeed very rough.

also you did not level an added chaos gem, which is a big mistake. 50% of this build's damage is coming from that gem.

so 1. get two added chaos gems, leveled if possible (which you can still equip) and
2. get a drillneck, it will double your damage aswell.
3. get snakebite. you can also equip snakebite already and when youre at max. charges, it will boost your damage by alot. use bloodrage for that.
4. your gemsetup is pretty terrible too. if you use split arrow, you dont need GMP. however i recommend using lightning arrow + gmp + leveled added chaos + pierce + slower. with your bow, and later with a lioneyes glare, or a chin sol, or any other high pdps bow you can find. you can buy cheap 5L evasion chest too.

edit: oh and complete cruel lab as soon as possible then. "aspect of carnage" will double your damage again
Last edited by cmphx on Sep 26, 2016, 3:15:44 AM
yes :( i completely forgot about the merc dried lake part :(

thanks for the help, will try and party up for the bosses.
I happened to get the '2 secondary tornado shot projectiles' enchant on my Devoto's and was curious if that would make Tornado Shot more viable for non physical reflect maps over Lightning Arrow. Ideally I'd like to sell it to help fund my gear, but I'm not sure if Tornado Shot builds would want a Devoto's.

What are your suggestions on how to increase my damage? I am level 87 with 6k life and sit at around 13-14k (at work so I can't remember exactly) hideout tooltip dps, which falls very short of what I see in your setup. I'm working on Level 7 Elreon to get chaos damage added to my jewelry, but I'm not sure if that is going to be a big increase or not.

My Gear
"
gotmilk13531 wrote:
I happened to get the '2 secondary tornado shot projectiles' enchant on my Devoto's and was curious if that would make Tornado Shot more viable for non physical reflect maps over Lightning Arrow. Ideally I'd like to sell it to help fund my gear, but I'm not sure if Tornado Shot builds would want a Devoto's.

What are your suggestions on how to increase my damage? I am level 87 with 6k life and sit at around 13-14k (at work so I can't remember exactly) hideout tooltip dps, which falls very short of what I see in your setup. I'm working on Level 7 Elreon to get chaos damage added to my jewelry, but I'm not sure if that is going to be a big increase or not.

My Gear

Hi, that enchant is said to be very good. Just try for yourself if tornado shot feels better with it. I havent tried it since I get bored of TS quickly.

The tooltip screenshots were from last patch before the reach nerfs etc. LA Tooltip should be around 20k with the 2.4 balance, so youre not far off.

Quality on gems, and damage on jewels matter quite alot. You can also skip a bit of life and spec into the shadow starting points for more damage if you havent already.

The crafts fom elreon also give a nice boost.

And lastly, levels on added chaos matter alot. A lvl 20 gem will be a good boost, a lvl21 gem even more so.

Its the small things that add up to quite a lot of extra damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info