[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

why you speced only acro and not phase acro?

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747
What about 'x% increased damage', does that double dip into poison?
"
Heyas!

Thanks, cmphx, for posting this build. I have actually been following this thread and playing this build for about a month now. I just haven't posted......until now, hehehe.

When I decided to try this out, I already had a 6l Kintsugi I was using on my witch, so I knew I would make a few changes; turned out it wasn't quite as much as I thought it would be, tho.

I also have had experience with the snakebite gloves. While they are a good pair of gloves, my personal preference is actually a poison gem, believe it or not. I just really dislike not being able to poison without full frenzy charges. With that said....I did use snakebites until I got the Reach.

Before I got the Reach, I went with Voltaxic Rift LA/FW combo; not quite as much dps as the Lioneye's option, but definitely reflect safe hehehe. Still, the dps was more than adequate!

One thing I am NOT good at, is speeding thru content. I am a bit older than most folks playing PoE, therefore a bit slower (my twitch skills suck!). That is why I decided to go for a bit more tank, rather than relying on speed and manual dodging like you and many others do.

I do run grace in a Worm, so I have a tad over 15k Eva. With pots up, I have 75 dodge, 74 spell dodge, and 38% phys reduction. All that doesn't take into account Kintsugi. I am trying to re-roll a couple flasks to add in "reflexes" mod, as well.

As for the tree, I added in Sentinel as well as Cloth and Chain, mainly due to less than optimal (read expensive af to get optimal) res on my gear. Since I knew I would drop the snakebites eventually, and due to me (still) needing Int, I opted for the middle path out of the duelist area.

As of now, I am thinking of taking Life nodes for any other levels I do gain (just hit 93 today); 6395 life. Gear wise, I am at the min=max tweak point I think. Speaking of which, I am using a pair of rare gloves + Brinerot boots instead of Winds of Change. MS is still 60%, which is fine for me hehehe.

My profile is set to public if anyone wants to see my tree/gear; name is Malevolent_Zerker

As for what jermslio1 asked about poetrade.....have a look at this thread (click on the video at the very top!) https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4o1kpv/poetrade_filter_groups_explained_trading_tipps/

Again, Thanks for a very fun build!

Hey Bjorn_Angannon, thank you for taking your time to get here and post something :) I am pretty sure there is a lot of people like you "in the shadows" only reading/following the guide, but never posting, so its good to hear something from that group of people too :D

Kintsugi is definetely a very good chest for this build ! Especialy in hardcore it can save you from alot of risky situations. If you like being tanky and you can sacrifice a bit more damage, you can try and use a duelist champion instead - he is even more tankier. Especially with reach of the council, damage is plenty, so you can try that too and see if you like it.

I understand your concerns about snakebite, and its totally viable to use a poison gem ! The reason why i use it is half because i want the 6th link to be free (if you use reach) or GMP if you use another bow. Plus, playing with snakebite makes you very aware of your charges, and careful to keep them up all the time. 16% double dipping more damage is alot, and its good to have a kind of "automated regulation" that makes you WANT to keep them up, so its nice to me.

I dont know about your granite flask though. With the reduction from acro it is not very helpful. I think a basalt flask will help you alot more. Also, if its not too fast for you, try to get a quicksilver of adrenaline :p

If you need currency for better amulet, you can probably sell one of your 6links .The frenzy setup is totally fine with a 4- or 5Link, and you definetely dont need a 6L for that.

Thanks again for posting your experiences :) Best of luck to you!

"
666lol666 wrote:
@CMPHX

I don't like this build I love it! :) The movementspeed is amazing and it is nothing but fun to play with this build. That said I'd like to discuss a few changes with you. First of all I hate BM and I hate essence worm because you loose a ring slot and it is completely unnecessary in my opinion. I changed the tree to vaal leech to solve this problem. While doing this I also changed only a few more nodes and now the build has far more elemental resists plus more evasion. Thanks to the more resists it is even easier to gear now and we gained a ring slot too which makes gearing ever more easy. You can of course use whatever ring you like but I think ming's would be so insanly strong here (because we have enough resists and still enough life) that it would be BIS.

Now what do you think about this version:

Hey, im glad you love my build :D It is okay to not use blood magic. the mana cost with reach is very low because of no gmp gem, so its easy to sustain mana with leech. However going bloodmagic also has that sweet 35% life which is very efficient.

Your tree looks good. The only thing i would change is remove the leech from duelist completely, because its totally wasted. If you check "pain reaver" from the ascendancy, you see that this is already plenty of leech, so you dont need any other sources of leech. That will save you a whopping 6 points that can be put into life or damage.

I also dont like mings heart. 15% reduced life is terrible, even worse than having no life on essence worm. And since most of damage scaling comes from the added chaos gem, the ring wont add much damage i feel. How much dps does it give you, compared to a 70life+int+resist+crafted added chaos ring?

About vaal pact: You can use it , but i ask why ? its not needed since reflect rares are not an issue, and there is easy solutions for reflect maps. You're giving up all the life regenereation which makes running bloodrage feel terrible and overall alot more stressfull to play. I dont recommend it, but if you feel better with it , sure go for it.

"
trashs1 wrote:
why you speced only acro and not phase acro?

i do not need it. if you like it, skip a jewel socket and use it. I simply have never encountered a situation where i wished i had it.

"
baroqen_play wrote:
What about 'x% increased damage', does that double dip into poison?

yes, general "increased damage " double dips. Example source is a sulphur flask, so if you have damage problems, that flask will give you alot.

also the plain "40% more damage" from berserker double dips, thats what makes it so strong.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
cmphx wrote:

Hey, im glad you love my build :D It is okay to not use blood magic. the mana cost with reach is very low because of no gmp gem, so its easy to sustain mana with leech. However going bloodmagic also has that sweet 35% life which is very efficient.

Your tree looks good. The only thing i would change is remove the leech from duelist completely, because its totally wasted. If you check "pain reaver" from the ascendancy, you see that this is already plenty of leech, so you dont need any other sources of leech. That will save you a whopping 6 points that can be put into life or damage.

I also dont like mings heart. 15% reduced life is terrible, even worse than having no life on essence worm. And since most of damage scaling comes from the added chaos gem, the ring wont add much damage i feel. How much dps does it give you, compared to a 70life+int+resist+crafted added chaos ring?

About vaal pact: You can use it , but i ask why ? its not needed since reflect rares are not an issue, and there is easy solutions for reflect maps. You're giving up all the life regenereation which makes running bloodrage feel terrible and overall alot more stressfull to play. I dont recommend it, but if you feel better with it , sure go for it.

Thanks for your feedback about my version. Of course you are right, the leech should be enough without the duellist nodes. That is another 6 nodes that can go right into life. With these 6 more life nodes life should be about as high as with the 35% from bloodmagic.
I don't like ming's heart too BUT this build doesn't use es and the 15% reduced life isn't that much. On the other hand you do not only gain a solid chaos dmg boost you also gain up to 63 chaos resist and from my experience it is not that easy to get enough chaos resist on a build with that many uniques.
And vaal pact.... hmm I guess it depends on what you are used to. The vaal leech is soo fast and huge the dmg from bloodrage does not matter at all (unless you stop fighting).
Again thanks for your feedback (got 6 lifenodes out of it ^^) and thanks for sharing your great build!

Edit: I changed the tree and removed the 6 duellist leechnodes and spend those 6 points in two more lifenodes (incl. juggernaut) and 2 more jewel slots. and I'm really happy with the new tree:

Edit 2: The version without vaal pact is completely broken life wise:

I'm in love with vaal pact since a long time but I think I will give this version a try!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Aug 13, 2016, 4:23:36 PM
Thanks for your response!

I actually took some time to think about your snakebite argument, and switched back to them, hehehe. I does present a small resistance problem atm when in red ele-weak maps, but that is something I can correct via gear upgrades; meanwhile I can always swap my worm/grace ring for a rare res/life ring for that particular mod.

"
cmphx wrote:

I dont know about your granite flask though. With the reduction from acro it is not very helpful. I think a basalt flask will help you alot more. Also, if its not too fast for you, try to get a quicksilver of adrenaline :p

This is something I was concerned about a couple weeks ago, so I tested both. I have 5% phys reduction normally. When I pop a basalt it jumped to 27%, and with granite it jumped to 38%.

My thoughts (and some ugly death experiences over the past couple years lol) are even with high EVA/dodge/arrow dancing, it is NOT a matter of "IF you get hit", but a matter of "WHEN you get hit". Hence my choice of some sort of physical reduction flask. Those damned pesky blue porcupine/projectile snake packs.......they HURT lmao!!!
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
Do u think i need to sacrifice a bit of damage for life 86 atm 22k damage in ho 5k7 life
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
cmphx wrote:

Thanks for your feedback about my version. Of course you are right, the leech should be enough without the duellist nodes. That is another 6 nodes that can go right into life. With these 6 more life nodes life should be about as high as with the 35% from bloodmagic.
I don't like ming's heart too BUT this build doesn't use es and the 15% reduced life isn't that much. On the other hand you do not only gain a solid chaos dmg boost you also gain up to 63 chaos resist and from my experience it is not that easy to get enough chaos resist on a build with that many uniques.
And vaal pact.... hmm I guess it depends on what you are used to. The vaal leech is soo fast and huge the dmg from bloodrage does not matter at all (unless you stop fighting).
Again thanks for your feedback (got 6 lifenodes out of it ^^) and thanks for sharing your great build!

Edit: I changed the tree and removed the 6 duellist leechnodes and spend those 6 points in two more lifenodes (incl. juggernaut) and 2 more jewel slots. and I'm really happy with the new tree:

Edit 2: The version without vaal pact is completely broken life wise:

I'm in love with vaal pact since a long time but I think I will give this version a try!

ur passive is really interesting get more res really help gearing much easier, but still u lose lots of damage cuz u dont have iron grip node thought
"
linhdeptrai94 wrote:

ur passive is really interesting get more res really help gearing much easier, but still u lose lots of damage cuz u dont have iron grip node thought

Most of the tree is connected to the dex side of the tree therefore the irongrip node does not make much of a difference. In fact you loose less dmg from not using iron grip than you gain by using a real ring instead of essence worm.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"

"
cmphx wrote:

This is something I was concerned about a couple weeks ago, so I tested both. I have 5% phys reduction normally. When I pop a basalt it jumped to 27%, and with granite it jumped to 38%.

My thoughts (and some ugly death experiences over the past couple years lol) are even with high EVA/dodge/arrow dancing, it is NOT a matter of "IF you get hit", but a matter of "WHEN you get hit". Hence my choice of some sort of physical reduction flask. Those damned pesky blue porcupine/projectile snake packs.......they HURT lmao!!!

Do not trust the character sheet when it comes to physical damage reduction. It is a nonlinear function and depends on how much actual physucal damage you take. I dont know which value the tooltip is based on, but its very unreliable and inaccurate.

If you want a real comparison, you can try this tool here:

https://jsfiddle.net/1qpx41wm/4/embedded/result/

It is a bit outdated, but you still can use it. Just do the following:

Do not select anything. Just pop your granite flask ingame, and write down how much armour you got from that. Enter this number into the tool and look at how much actual physical reduction you get from 100 200 300 2000 4000 damage etc. For comparison, a charging bone rhoa does about 3000 physical damage iirc.

Now you open a new tab with the tool, and instead of the granite flask, we want to see how much basalt does. The tool is old, so you cannot select "basalt flask", but you can emulate it by using 5 endurance charges instead (1 charge gives 4% physical reduction, so 5 charges grant 20% reduction, which is the same as basalt flask)
This is independent of how much damage the enemy does, you always get 20% reduction.

So there should be a point of damage where basalt helps more than a granite. Sorry for long explanation, i hope this is understandable :D just tell me how much armour you get from a granite in total lol.

Also, porcupines should be ZERO danger to this build ? With so much evasion and arrow dancing, you are almost immune to porcupines. Often times my cwdt doesnt even trigger, because I evade/dodge everything. Do you still have problems with porcupines?

"
linhdeptrai94 wrote:
Do u think i need to sacrifice a bit of damage for life 86 atm 22k damage in ho 5k7 life

yeah you can try to sacrifice 2k dps for more life maybe.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
cmphx wrote:
A bunch of good stuff and this tool;

https://jsfiddle.net/1qpx41wm/4/embedded/result/

Thanks for the tool and your explanation! This 'ole dog learned something hehehe.

Ya, for larger hits that I do take in T11-14 maps, it looks like basalt will be the better choice. Time to farm more alts lol....
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info