[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

"
linhdeptrai94 wrote:
Noted u definitely right maybe when i got a 6l i will slot a poison gem and replace glove with acuity is that a solid choice ?xd

no its not, as you already noted. If you use a poison gem, you can use rare gloves, or winds of change for example
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Aug 11, 2016, 9:49:27 AM
K o get it thanks ! Oh and 1 more thing u only got 1 frenzy per shot with frenzy although that u have 4+ arrow right ?
"
linhdeptrai94 wrote:
K o get it thanks ! Oh and 1 more thing u only got 1 frenzy per shot with frenzy although that u have 4+ arrow right ?

yep only one per attack, no matter how many things you hit or arrows you have
I usually look at the tags of a gem to determine it belongs to which type of damage - fire/lightning/cold/aoe/melee etc, but i don't see projectile tag on lightning arrow, how does that work?

I mean logically I can see that it is a projectile, but was looking at a 'rulebook' way to determine if it is one. Also it is tagged with AoE, does that mean when I look for jewels I can go with 'increased area damage' and it will also double dip with poison, just like 'increased projectile damage' does?
"
baroqen_play wrote:
I usually look at the tags of a gem to determine it belongs to which type of damage - fire/lightning/cold/aoe/melee etc, but i don't see projectile tag on lightning arrow, how does that work?

I mean logically I can see that it is a projectile, but was looking at a 'rulebook' way to determine if it is one. Also it is tagged with AoE, does that mean when I look for jewels I can go with 'increased area damage' and it will also double dip with poison, just like 'increased projectile damage' does?

actually no bow gem has the projectile tag, yet every bow attack is a projectile. thats a bit confusing indeed.

The AoE tag on lightning arrow is a bit tricky. I actually asked a dev about it.

So, "area damage" does not apply to lightning arrow, because "lightning arrow does not deal area damage" (dev quote).

The AoE tag only applies to lightning arrow having a radius in which it searches for additional targets after the first arrow hits a target. Therefore, "increased area of effect" modifiers will apply to lightning arrow, but "area damage" modifiers do not. So things like area damage from jewels or conc effect's more damage do not apply to lightning arrow, and therefore also dont double dip.
Build is complete! I have atziri on farm mode and this is when I consider all my builds complete.

Level 87:
HP: 6000
Eva: 6300 h/o, 14,200 playing without flasks
Armour: 1100

DPS: 10,900 h/o, 11,200 playing without flasks

Gear:

As you can change, changed a few things from original build as I prefer "cookie cutter" builds with no thinking required... and I don't have budget for things like Reach of the Council.

So I swapped in poison gem so i dont have to worry about frenzy charges and instead used Winds of Change gloves. I also used Lightning Coil because I prefer it defensively... made me super tank :)

Great stuff!

Last edited by brunowa on Aug 12, 2016, 9:03:29 PM
Just wanted to say what a great community POE has, everyone posts helpful information and build alternatives like the above to help out those of us that are new to the game and aren't end game yet (I won't be able to afford Reach so will need to get through the Merciless Lab to get the last Council fragment then try my luck on the council...hopefully I can get there before the end of the season :)).

Sorry for the silly question but around what level does Merciless Lab become viable using this build?

I'm using Lions Glare and have spec'd into Deadly draw as recommended in this guide. I found up a decent Rat's Nest (yay, first valuable item!) which I can sell for a Devoto's if this will help me progress the build?

I have everything except for reach and devoto's and am just progessing in levels, 79 now, woohoo. One thing though, my damage screen is only showing physical damage which doesn't really match the damage types I'm seeing on your builds, is this due to Lionseye being a physical bow (and the other components coming from Reach? I have added the chaos dmg gem etc, but all my damage is strangly still phys)

Really appreciate all the responses everyone is putting in as it's helping me understand the mechanics of the game and isn't just a straight build guide.

Also quick one on gems, life and projectile damage gems seems very very rare. Am I searching incorrectly as it was noted these should be cheap?

Edit: Clarifying the above, when searching for either life or damage I usually get a lot of results but usually nothing very recent (i.e 1 week to 1 month old). If I search for life % + proj dmg I get no results. Sorry for the silly question, just wondering if there's a trick to finding most recent items. Google didn't return anything on filtering by listed date.
Last edited by jermslio on Aug 13, 2016, 4:02:19 AM
"
brunowa wrote:
Build is complete! I have atziri on farm mode and this is when I consider all my builds complete.

Level 87:
HP: 6000
Eva: 6300 h/o, 14,200 playing without flasks
Armour: 1100

DPS: 10,900 h/o, 11,200 playing without flasks

Gear:
Spoiler

As you can change, changed a few things from original build as I prefer "cookie cutter" builds with no thinking required... and I don't have budget for things like Reach of the Council.

So I swapped in poison gem so i dont have to worry about frenzy charges and instead used Winds of Change gloves. I also used Lightning Coil because I prefer it defensively... made me super tank :)

Great stuff!

nice version ! I dont really like your flask setup ((rumi is of little use when you have acro) but otherwise, great ! I am glad you have fun :)

"
Just wanted to say what a great community POE has, everyone posts helpful information and build alternatives like the above to help out those of us that are new to the game and aren't end game yet (I won't be able to afford Reach so will need to get through the Merciless Lab to get the last Council fragment then try my luck on the council...hopefully I can get there before the end of the season :)).

Sorry for the silly question but around what level does Merciless Lab become viable using this build?

I'm using Lions Glare and have spec'd into Deadly draw as recommended in this guide. I found up a decent Rat's Nest (yay, first valuable item!) which I can sell for a Devoto's if this will help me progress the build?

I have everything except for reach and devoto's and am just progessing in levels, 79 now, woohoo. One thing though, my damage screen is only showing physical damage which doesn't really match the damage types I'm seeing on your builds, is this due to Lionseye being a physical bow (and the other components coming from Reach? I have added the chaos dmg gem etc, but all my damage is strangly still phys)

Really appreciate all the responses everyone is putting in as it's helping me understand the mechanics of the game and isn't just a straight build guide.

Also quick one on gems, life and projectile damage gems seems very very rare. Am I searching incorrectly as it was noted these should be cheap?

Edit: Clarifying the above, when searching for either life or damage I usually get a lot of results but usually nothing very recent (i.e 1 week to 1 month old). If I search for life % + proj dmg I get no results. Sorry for the silly question, just wondering if there's a trick to finding most recent items. Google didn't return anything on filtering by listed date.

Hey ! I am glad this thread is helpful to you - I agree that the guys here have done an amazing job posting their versions and ideas here. It is over 25 pages already, so its alot of stuff, but for sure worth the read !

I would tackle merciless lab around lvl 80ish with this build - once you have close to 6000 life, decent damage and you feel familiar with the mechanics. Uber lab should be doable a few levels later, when you have more than 6k life and you feel comfortable with the lab mechanics.

Devoto for sure will help you. It can be difficult to put into your build, because it has no resist on it and therefore capping resist becomes harder. But i like devotos alot, because it adds a juicy 20 movement speed ! On top of that quite some evasion and 16% attack speed, which is also great, because the build doesnt get that much attackspeed elsewhere.

Reach will get a nerf with 2.4, I hope its not too strict so the build will still be there once atlas of world becomes live :D Your damage screen probably only shows physical damage because you selected "basic attack". My screenshots show the offense stats of "Lighting Arrow", which you need to click on that little bar above the stats, I can post a picture if you cant find it. Also if you hover over the Lightning arrow in your skill bar on the bottom right, you can see the damages.

About the jewels: this build has become kinda popular i think, so a lot of people are buying these jewels, thats why maybe they have become rarer :/ can you link me the poe.trade link that you search them with ? Maybe i can help you better with that. afaik there is no way to sort by "most recently added".

Heyas!

Thanks, cmphx, for posting this build. I have actually been following this thread and playing this build for about a month now. I just haven't posted......until now, hehehe.

When I decided to try this out, I already had a 6l Kintsugi I was using on my witch, so I knew I would make a few changes; turned out it wasn't quite as much as I thought it would be, tho.

I also have had experience with the snakebite gloves. While they are a good pair of gloves, my personal preference is actually a poison gem, believe it or not. I just really dislike not being able to poison without full frenzy charges. With that said....I did use snakebites until I got the Reach.

Before I got the Reach, I went with Voltaxic Rift LA/FW combo; not quite as much dps as the Lioneye's option, but definitely reflect safe hehehe. Still, the dps was more than adequate!

One thing I am NOT good at, is speeding thru content. I am a bit older than most folks playing PoE, therefore a bit slower (my twitch skills suck!). That is why I decided to go for a bit more tank, rather than relying on speed and manual dodging like you and many others do.

I do run grace in a Worm, so I have a tad over 15k Eva. With pots up, I have 75 dodge, 74 spell dodge, and 38% phys reduction. All that doesn't take into account Kintsugi. I am trying to re-roll a couple flasks to add in "reflexes" mod, as well.

As for the tree, I added in Sentinel as well as Cloth and Chain, mainly due to less than optimal (read expensive af to get optimal) res on my gear. Since I knew I would drop the snakebites eventually, and due to me (still) needing Int, I opted for the middle path out of the duelist area.

As of now, I am thinking of taking Life nodes for any other levels I do gain (just hit 93 today); 6395 life. Gear wise, I am at the min=max tweak point I think. Speaking of which, I am using a pair of rare gloves + Brinerot boots instead of Winds of Change. MS is still 60%, which is fine for me hehehe.

My profile is set to public if anyone wants to see my tree/gear; name is Malevolent_Zerker

As for what jermslio1 asked about poetrade.....have a look at this thread (click on the video at the very top!) https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4o1kpv/poetrade_filter_groups_explained_trading_tipps/

Again, Thanks for a very fun build!
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
Last edited by Bjorn_Angannon on Aug 13, 2016, 6:48:05 AM
@CMPHX

I don't like this build I love it! :) The movementspeed is amazing and it is nothing but fun to play with this build. That said I'd like to discuss a few changes with you. First of all I hate BM and I hate essence worm because you loose a ring slot and it is completely unnecessary in my opinion. I changed the tree to vaal leech to solve this problem. While doing this I also changed only a few more nodes and now the build has far more elemental resists plus more evasion. Thanks to the more resists it is even easier to gear now and we gained a ring slot too which makes gearing ever more easy. You can of course use whatever ring you like but I think ming's would be so insanly strong here (because we have enough resists and still enough life) that it would be BIS.

Now what do you think about this version:
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Aug 13, 2016, 10:10:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info