[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

Do you have any tips on how to increase my DPS? Only have 18k in hideout and 25k with 4 Frenzy Charges.

Spoiler

http://poeplanner.com/AAIAAVxBQUlCQWdBQWZnSGNBeDRGTFFXMURqd1JMeFFnRkhFVWRSYV9HSkVZMnhxTkgwRWhZQ1AySmJ3bWxTcGJMSVV1VXpCOE1uNDFralk5TnVnMzFEcFNPdUU5X0VNeFF6WkdhVWQtVFpKTjQxRkhVdXhXLWxoaldLOWFHbHNtWHo5aDRtS3NaVTFvWld3SWJJeHZPM1R0ZFBGMXkzYUNkcXgzMTNmamVBMTVhSG4yZXU5ODJYOHJmX3VFMllaZ2pNLU5mWTEtamItY3hKMnFwbGVvb3FsdXF2aTB4YlRSdFVpMThyY2l0N2E4bjcwMnZxZkFHc0VFd2RqQzdNTXp4dGpJRE05LTAyX1VJOWFLMkwzYXdkdFAyLWZmdi1ERDVlYnFHT3BpNjJQdFAtOE84WXJ5UmZQZDlrajNNdmpyX2dyLWoxVkxGdWtoa0NRM1g5Q1lWNzhJNmhENFh3PT0ACEFBQUFBUUFBAAA=
"
cmphx wrote:
"
Your build looks very impressive but I have a question -

Instead of using snakebite and frenzy to poison enemies, why not use the poison gem in the 6th slot and sustain frenzy charges via blood rage?

You could get some nice ias gloves with life/res instead, and the lvl 20 gem also gives 38% poison dmg. Wouldn't it be better than faster projectiles?

yep thats totally viable. I am using bloodrage already maybe youve missed that. frenzy is just for cases where i fight a boss with no adds.

the build you see now has come a long way and when i started theorycrafting it, the snakebite were still mandatory (because reach didnt exist then) but if you have a 6L reach, you can of course use the poison gem and different gloves (rares or winds of change for example)

The good thing about snakebite is that they make you want to be at max. frenzy charges all the time. thats actually a good thing, since the charges contribute to a big portion of your peak dps. 16% more initial damage and 16% more poison damage with 4 charges is pretty huge, so even with the poison gem, keep an eye on your charges !

Ah thanks for clarifying. Yea the double dipping phys/poison from those extra charges will definitely help boost dps..

I'll see if I can max out res in other slots, then snakebite will probably be BIS :)

Anyway congrats on that uber kill with tabula & white bow. I don't think anyone has done anything nearly remarkable in a long time!
"
g0pher wrote:
Do you have any tips on how to increase my DPS? Only have 18k in hideout and 25k with 4 Frenzy Charges.

Spoiler

Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAIAAVxBQUlCQWdBQWZnSGNBeDRGTFFXMURqd1JMeFFnRkhFVWRSYV9HSkVZMnhxTkgwRWhZQ1AySmJ3bWxTcGJMSVV1VXpCOE1uNDFralk5TnVnMzFEcFNPdUU5X0VNeFF6WkdhVWQtVFpKTjQxRkhVdXhXLWxoaldLOWFHbHNtWHo5aDRtS3NaVTFvWld3SWJJeHZPM1R0ZFBGMXkzYUNkcXgzMTNmamVBMTVhSG4yZXU5ODJYOHJmX3VFMllaZ2pNLU5mWTEtamItY3hKMnFwbGVvb3FsdXF2aTB4YlRSdFVpMThyY2l0N2E4bjcwMnZxZkFHc0VFd2RqQzdNTXp4dGpJRE05LTAyX1VJOWFLMkwzYXdkdFAyLWZmdi1ERDVlYnFHT3BpNjJQdFAtOE84WXJ5UmZQZDlrajNNdmpyX2dyLWoxVkxGdWtoa0NRM1g5Q1lWNzhJNmhENFh3PT0ACEFBQUFBUUFBAAA=

hm your gear seems great. What jewels do you use? if you want more dps you can skip a few life nodes and get the damage from shadow start nodes, they are very good. Also you could divine your reach a few times to get 350 or higher pdps.

"

Ah thanks for clarifying. Yea the double dipping phys/poison from those extra charges will definitely help boost dps..

I'll see if I can max out res in other slots, then snakebite will probably be BIS :)

Anyway congrats on that uber kill with tabula & white bow. I don't think anyone has done anything nearly remarkable in a long time!

thanks for the kind words :D it was really fun to play and the people on reddit actually gave me the idea to try it.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
cmphx wrote:
hm your gear seems great. What jewels do you use? if you want more dps you can skip a few life nodes and get the damage from shadow start nodes, they are very good. Also you could divine your reach a few times to get 350 or higher pdps.

Tested around with some jewels and with Projectile Damage/Attack Speed I get to around 21k DPS so still missing like 6-7k to your Hideout DPS. What three were you using with the 27k DPS in Hideout?
"
g0pher wrote:
"
cmphx wrote:

Tested around with some jewels and with Projectile Damage/Attack Speed I get to around 21k DPS so still missing like 6-7k to your Hideout DPS. What three were you using with the 27k DPS in Hideout?

This one:

also the screenshot was with grace/golem active
I can not see the pictures. Can you upload pictures again?

Thank you.
"
salezna1 wrote:
I can not see the pictures. Can you upload pictures again?

Thank you.

the pictures are still fine, it might be a problem with your browser
I'm running this build atm but I still have several jewel nodes to take, I was wondering what tooltip dps you reached with your current gear?
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1641740
My 6link collection: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656425
"
AvocadoCake wrote:
I'm running this build atm but I still have several jewel nodes to take, I was wondering what tooltip dps you reached with your current gear?

27k with golem in hideout. 24k with golem with my changed tree with more life
Hello everyone!

First - big thanks for sharing this build!

My story: i've been playing voltaxic LA since February and love it for its clearspeed and love bow builds in general ( i'm a mediocre player with limited time ), but always have been struggling with easyness of a dying - a few days ago i decided to switch from deadeye ascendancy to pathfinder for better survivability, and then found this build.

So, i just want to tell you, that even with gear, that was strictly for Volta LA (didn't change any piece of gear beside bow) and with only !10k dmg in hideout (unbuffed) i can easy clear corrupted t14 maps - still even one t15 didn't drop :( - although my clearspeed is around 1/2 of Volta LA, but that survivability ( i use no CWDT setup atm ) :)

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAABeAdwFLQW1CC4NjREvFCAWvxmKGY4j0yP2JpUqWysKLlMwcTB8NZI2PTdMN9Q6Qj7PQzFDNkQNR35KfUtXS3hM_02STipRR1LsVUtbr13yXz9fsGHiYqxlTWqMbIxvJ287b5507XXLdoJ343gNeWh59nrvfXV_K3-Af5aExYTZh3aNfY1-jZKNv49glwaaapuNm7Wdqp9to4qn1KlutMW00bVItfK74702vea-p8AawOPBBMLswzrEosedyAzI8MpKzZjTb9N-1CPWiti92sHdqOOf6mLrY-0_7YPuDu8O73rxs_Vv9z38xf66_sj_EA==?accountName=Scaal&characterName=VoltaxicVSNerf

Life: 6000, mana: 970
I prefer stick to mana, because BM keystone is very far away from me, and with pathfinder's ascendancy, switching to mana flask in no regen/no leech maps is not an issue.

Once i save some currency, will change the helmet, and jewellery for even more life & res.
So - it's the build i was exactly looking for! :D I'm using Lioneye's Glare for purpose ( it's not even near perf roll ) - to see if it's viable in red maps and to prove that this build can be easily played from the start of the new league. So both tests have passed :D

Once again - thanks for sharing and fresh idea of a ranger build :)

Cheers!
Last edited by Scaal on Jul 28, 2016, 11:40:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info