[2.3 Build Guide] Lurifaxx's Soul Ward Occultist! [HC/SC/Atziri Viable]

Unfamiliar with the mechanics of Blink Arrow, I've gotten used to Lightning Warp on almost all my characters to counter opening boxes with the delay, is there any reason in particular for me to swap to BA?
Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
"
Telik0 wrote:
Unfamiliar with the mechanics of Blink Arrow, I've gotten used to Lightning Warp on almost all my characters to counter opening boxes with the delay, is there any reason in particular for me to swap to BA?

Not really, it's a quick movement skill which doesn't require a few links to be effective, eg. reduced duration, faster casting.
"
Sydafex wrote:
"
Telik0 wrote:

Not really, it's a quick movement skill which doesn't require a few links to be effective, eg. reduced duration, faster casting.

Does it function the same way, though? i.e. having a second to perform an action before being brought to the destination
Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
"
mihalich wrote:
Did you kill Uber Izaro? If yes, any advice with this build?

For Uber Izaro in General: Just stay close to him, learn his attack animations, and dodge them :) It becomes really easy with Temp Chains/Chill aswell. I have found that you should look for a sweet spot in the room, regarding the traps, so that you may run i a circle-ish, without having to run through traps.

With this build: Same as in the general case. If you make a mistake it probably wont matter that much :) If you have to run through traps, you probably wont even feel it. But you should atleast avoid taking sustained damage (like fire floor or running along with a moving trap). I wouldn't recommend doing him with too low dps, since it is a pain dancing for too long! If you absolutely insist on doing him with low dps (like 10k) you could throw in an extra Essence Drain to boost it somewhat.
Actually, one thing I'm curious about. How does Immortal Call interact with maps such as "Mobs do +x% damage as x element"? Could hits applied to you during IC buff possibly interrupt the recharge cooldown of your energy shield? Or does the elemental damage only apply after the physical damage as still get negated?
Hi, I'm loving this clever build.
Last edited by Chalk_Circles on Jul 28, 2016, 6:17:15 PM
Hello, thanks for sharing this build!

I am looking to make one aswell because it seems to be quite fun and safe (playing HC only)

I just bought the bow -

Could you please tell me how you got your chest for? Or how much is OK for a 750+ ES Chest? I have no idea about ES and the prices for high ES chests are quite different.
DEATH & THRASH
Last edited by MetapoliC on Jul 24, 2016, 10:07:20 AM
Why no Bated Breath belt? It seems like it would be so strong for this build.
Hi, i'm wanted to thank you for the build, looked kinda cool so i tried it, i'm going to make a quick review.

First of all the IC mechanic with the fast ES recharge's start is ok without being too extraordinary, as someone said before it's kind of a problem with any mob hiting with elem damages. When running map, it feels really smooth to me, i'm not facing much difficulties while i wait for the CA to do damages. But sometimes you forget that you're not a tank and you start facing a snowballing situation where you get hit by elem mobs and stunned and your life can drop pretty quickly, so counting too much on the build mechanic is a bad thing.

Talking about stun, i dont have the enchant on boots yet and i hope it will help alot because i get quickly surrounded by the time CA starts doing damage and then it's hard not to be stun-locked.

This brings me to some gear choices i made, i'd like some advices on that:

First of all i use this belt
Spoiler

It gives a nice boost to evasion (so we can use all that dex the build gives us), the phasing property is cool and it gives sweet dodging stats. (I should try the Bated Breath someone mentionned earlier, this could be a sweet thing too, especially when you cant find rings to put the Leo craft on)

In combination with some pots it gets really nice and smooth
Spoiler

So i use evasion pots over armor because once again i want to use the dexterity the build provides and i think evasion works nicer with evasion than armor does, it lets our ES recharge against elem hiting mobs better than IC does.
If i make it to lvl 95, i'll prolly put 3 points in Alchemist nodes instead of 1 jewel socket, for playing CI on different builds, Alchemist is really strong for builds like CI using only utility flasks.

I also use those boots
Spoiler
just because it's an evasion base and the ES on it isnt bad.

Writting this down i just thought i could use a Vertex for the head, it would boost my evasion even more and the ES is just nice.

As you see, my gear isnt godlike but i propose cheap options for people starting with this build.
Also, i guess having a +2bow+1gem is the final goal but for now im doing with
Spoiler
It's special item from prophecy so people leveling this build in prophecy might want to try it waiting to get a +2bow+1gem.

Last point, since i play softcore, i traded temp chains for vulnerability and added a flame golem to the gems. Not having temp chains may be the cause i get rushed by meele mobs and why i get often surrounded but my damages are too low for now and vulnerability helps.

EDIT: with Vertex no flasks: 30 chances to evade (@lvl 85)
with flasks (kinda always up since i got the overflowing chalice: 55% chances to evade, 16% to dodge attacks, 10% dodge spell damage.
==IGN: DefNotSummShaz
Last edited by 5h4z4m on Jul 27, 2016, 2:46:12 PM
"
CA_Jukes wrote:
Why no Bated Breath belt? It seems like it would be so strong for this build.

I tried the belt earlier, and found the extra regeneration to be excessive. Since the build already struggles with resistances, I chose to use a rare belt instead :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info