[2.3 Build Guide] Lurifaxx's Soul Ward Occultist! [HC/SC/Atziri Viable]

What do you think of using "the beast fur shawl" http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Beast_Fur_Shawl
Great guide, Lurifaxx! I love the combination of quiver and ascendency.

I've already played a Poison Arrow build so am intrigued about trying different skills with this build. Starfires, you gave some suggestions using different bows. I've always thought of Darkscorn as defensive but upon looking at it again, I see that I missed or forgot that it converts 25% physical damage to Chaos. I've stayed away from EK for years because of reflect. Does this mitigation kinda double dip? Does reflect from the 75% of unconverted physical damage get mitigated by the 25% physical taken as chaos (assuming CI of course)? That'd be almost as good as the 50% reduced reflect from certain ascendency nodes.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Aug 21, 2016, 1:41:03 PM
Hi,

Nice build I like the synergies!
But I don't get your 5L are you actually using the essence Drain?

Phobozz

Looks like the Witch class is really doing well in prophecy, just slowing down on a Doomfletch Prism build and with several bows sitting in stash now, this build looks like another fun run,,think this will be my 3rd Witch this league,,:)And there are a couple more bow builds still waiting to be started, It would be easy to change the OPs build into any number of skills but imo there are guides for other bow skillsets and staying the course is is usually better in the long run when using a guide, :) ive seen a few builds get wrecked changing things up.

Looks like a really fast build to level especially with all the new fated versions of older bow versions,,the upgrades are quite strong on at least 3 bows making leveling bow builds much faster and smoother overall,,its nice not having to run the standard wand+trap or totem while leveling, I like using several different bows while leveling.

I have never played a bow build with anywhere close to the amount of ES this one has,,overall its quite different looking and seems more forgiving,,it might be a good Lab runner at least enough to help a clumsy old grizz not die to traps so often :) Gonna give it a try, I think the quiver and the belt are the only items i need atm @70 before the quiver can be used is a bit of a bummer
Remember when high end gear was really high end !
Classic Audio all the way,olderthandirt and twice as
Grizzly :)
"

Can someone explain why the Essence Drain Setup? In the Videos he is using the wither setup and CA. I'm curious why. Thank you!
"
Phobozz wrote:
"

Can someone explain why the Essence Drain Setup? In the Videos he is using the wither setup and CA. I'm curious why. Thank you!

I would imagine it is for extra single target damage on bosses. ED+Poison is incredible for single target and the only thing missing would be Slower projectiles, but he has a red socket so he likely ran low on chromes and took what he could get.
"
ElderKrios wrote:

I would imagine it is for extra single target damage on bosses. ED+Poison is incredible for single target and the only thing missing would be Slower projectiles, but he has a red socket so he likely ran low on chromes and took what he could get.

Thank you very much!
I am wondering about the 8 points used to pickup amplify on the left side of the tree.

It seems that 8 points for what works out to +10% aoe, +20% aoe damage and +5% attack speed (ignoring the straight stats) is a poor investment.

I do not see any glaring spots they could be spent, but was wondering if pathing that way is worth it?
Hey guys....So, I'm new to most of this PoE stuff haha....How well would contagion/Essence drain work with this?
I don't see the point in crafting "faster start of ES recharge" on your rings when the quiver already provides 150%. I mean it appears to be a prefix so crafting 5% - 20% max ES would help a lot more I feel.
Last edited by Matlock0 on Aug 28, 2016, 5:41:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info