D3 and PoE are practically the same

D3 is nothing like PoE rofl
Both games are fun. My feedback on poe, comparing to d3 is:

Poe has no end game.

POE is pretty easy, and on endgame there is no hard content to challenge yourself.

To play harder content, you have to spend a lof of currency, so you end up playing easy content 90 % of the time playing. On d3 if i choose to play hard content all day i can, on poe, you just cant.

I dont know why i fell it on poe, but i rather play it alone then on group. Multiplayer on poe feels a bit odd.

D3 combat and GRs are more fun and challenging. And D3 have leaderboards.

Boss fights on d3 are more fun. One of the reasons are the fact that the boss dont reset after a death. And before you say hardcore is challenging, fight a boss on hardcore on d3 on a high GR, like a GR 80 + solo.

Lab is the only interesting thing on poe endgame, but it seens the community hates it, maybe because it is too hard ?

Another bad point on poe is the terrible UI. You dont know the mobs life, nor how much damage you are actually doing, terrible for theorycrafting.

But still, congrats on all poe devs for this amazing game, really good job ! Having some fun playing it

Hope devs give some challenging endgame content. Or just rework the maps system, so we can play the harder maps more frequently then we can now.
not yet. not yet.
^^ LOL POE has no end game?

Atziri is one of the best end games you can think off ever invented in ARPG.

Chris Wilson did better with POE than Brevick did with D2 and thats saying something.

If you play leagues then thats your fault, but standard has lots of end game farming shit to sell in order to buy legacy items.

Luckily for me I don't care about leagues because I know its the same game.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Jul 2, 2016, 9:14:43 PM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
^^ LOL POE has no end game?

Atziri is one of the best end games you can think off ever invented in ARPG.

LOL, really ?

If you havent noticed, you can 1 shoot Atziri with chaos builds, even on uber mode. Yeah, that is pretty challenging....

What else can you do on endgame ? What challenge and dificult content we have here to overcome after we gear up and beat game on merciless ?

"
TriniGamer wrote:

If you play leagues then thats your fault, but standard has lots of end game farming shit to sell in order to buy legacy items.

Again, my feedback on poe is that you have nothing challenging on endgame to do. What is the point to gear up, if you have nothing dificult to overcome ?

"
Again, my feedback on poe is that you have nothing challenging on endgame to do. What is the point to gear up, if you have nothing dificult to overcome ?

It's really hard to make endgame content for ARPG's. Really hard. Blizzard attempted to do this with an infinite scaling system, and in a lot of peoples' opinions it has failed.

And before anyone says "well maybe Blizzard just poorly implemented it", which yes I do agree with, let me explain why having difficult end game content is absolutely bad for an ARPG. There are ramifications to what you're asking to be implemented.

It has to do with build variety. The harder the content is at the end of the game, the less "viable" builds there are. Let's say there is a piece of content that has the hardest of the hard content in the game, and it requires gear equivalent to about 100 exalts to complete, there is no way that GGG will be able to balance every single skill gem in the game to take down that content. As soon as they did, the content would have been implemented for a year or two, people will be bored of it, and well any build in the game can beat it so it's no longer "endgame".

Blizzard's infinite scaling difficulty has this exact problem. It's infinitely scaling so if 1 build can farm 1 higher greater rift than another build, then the build that's 1 higher is instantly the one you need to play.

And some players may be fine with that. They don't give a shit what build they play, they just want hard content. I would venture to say that they're likely a minority though, and I think most players like having skill and build options. Any time GGG implements some upper end content, it will require a massive skill/passive tree rebalance, and this is likely something they consider constantly.

Looking into the past, Diablo 2 had absolutely no "endgame". The long term gameplay consisted of farming for items and building new characters for both pvp and... farming more items.

I guess all the complaining is just a biproduct of games these days being much more consistently updated after launch, so people want this constant content stream.

I for one am just thankful that I can have a ton of fun playing this game for long periods at a time, months at a time. I played Diablo 2 for years, but it would only be like 3-5 weeks at a time before I'd get bored, take a 6 month to 1 year break and then come back for a new ladder.
Last edited by Sevis on Jul 3, 2016, 8:19:26 PM
"
Kohwalter wrote:

If you havent noticed, you can 1 shoot Atziri with chaos builds, even on uber mode. Yeah, that is pretty challenging....

Well thats why they are called legacy items. Would you instead have GGG remove legacy items? how would they compensate people who already paid for it and are collectors?
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
"
Sevis wrote:
It's really hard to make endgame content for ARPG's. Really hard. Blizzard attempted to do this with an infinite scaling system, and in a lot of peoples' opinions it has failed.

And before anyone says "well maybe Blizzard just poorly implemented it", which yes I do agree with, let me explain why having difficult end game content is absolutely bad for an ARPG. There are ramifications to what you're asking to be implemented.

It has to do with build variety. The harder the content is at the end of the game, the less "viable" builds there are.

Agree with you, it makes the balacing job a lot harder indeed. If there was GRs here on poe, this game would get a lot of complains because of balance and lack of viable builds. But since this thread is comparing to d3, let me give you a few examples of challening content:

D3 legacy inferno: Game was hard and challenging, group play was a lot of fun, killing diablo on inferno was a feat of strengh. What a fight !

D3 monster power era: Beat the whole game on MP10 was hard and challenging. Belial on MP10 was an amazing fight, took me like 2 months to gear and kill him on MP10. That fight not only was a gear check, but also a skill check too on his mechanics.

D3 ROS: Torment 6 was hard. Elites fights there sometimes could give memorial moments on the game. Ubers fight was amazing and challenging on t6

D3 Grs era: Made me play d3 like crazy. For the first time the game had some sort of competition with leaderboards. Theorycrafting, skill and gear matter a lot now on high GRs. Teamspeak became a must on teamplay on GRs. So much fun ! And hardcore GRs ! Man, some fights makes your heart pump like crazy. What a trhill !

I enjoyed the lvling on poe, love the passive tree. But merciless was beaten so fast and easy :/... literally, and maps, every high map you find, you beat it so easily when you try it... BUT i enjoyed the Lab a lot ! But after you check the foruns, you notice the majority of the community hates it.

So i fell like POE is a game to create a char, lvl it to 100, repeat.

My suggestion is to give some optional hard content for old hardcore players, linked with archivements only. People hate lab because it is hard and it is needed for enchants and ascendancy points.

The poe devs have my respect for doing such an amazing game. They are passionate people that did what they loved, and agaisnt all odds, made a really cool game ! And so they have my support, and will have more. So, optional hard content will be really welcome to me :)
Last edited by Kohwalter on Jul 3, 2016, 9:27:33 PM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
Kohwalter wrote:

Well thats why they are called legacy items. Would you instead have GGG remove legacy items? how would they compensate people who already paid for it and are collectors?

You paid what for it? Stop spamming d3 forums, your embarassing yourself and dont event know it. You good at poe, but in d3 your lmao. Your in no position to judge since your char can run t6 with ease, lol.
Practically the same

Click-bait title is click-bait. Too bad so many people are getting the bait and discussing it, lol.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info