Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Remember 6 man parties?

I do. They were a lot of fun. So what happened to them? Well I believe they no longer exist because the game is unplayable in a 6 man party. GGG keeps releasing new things in the game that make super lag builds (also super fun builds) but you cannot play them in a party of more than 2 people. I just do not understand how the current state of the game is acceptable.

GGG,

Please do something to fix the game performance so that we can play in 6 man parties again. Whether this is reducing skill affects from other players completely, or giving us more options to reduce the quality of the game so it is playable, please do something. I loved 6 man parties and talking in mumble/vent with everyone.

My specs:

-ASUS GeForce GTX 970 TURBO-GTX970-OC-4GD5 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
-AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.2 GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W FD8350FRHKBOX Desktop Processor
-GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P (rev. 2.0) AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
-G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
-Rosewill Valens-600, Valens Series 600W Power Supply, 80 PLUS Gold Certified, Single +12V Rail, Intel 4th Gen CPU ...
-SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-75E500B/AM
Last edited by Orbitalx on Jun 30, 2016, 11:46:54 AM
Last bumped on Jul 1, 2016, 7:37:32 AM
My laptop hosts 6 player. Only lag I get is when a player joins the map.
"
squevil wrote:
My laptop hosts 6 player. Only lag I get is when a player joins the map.

Really? All of the people in my guild that I play with have the same experience as me and can't play in 6 man parties due to single digit fps spikes constantly. Anyone else able to actually play in 6 man parties still?
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:27:58 PM
In rotations? Of course!
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I run 1-6 man parties semi-often.
Between guildies and rotations I rarely solo unless leveling a toon, and even then I usually have a guildie or two running with me.
I have only dropped below 20 fps once, ever. Was a 4 man party on that strongbox prophecy. We opened 3. Vaal skill spam (Ground Slam, Lightning trap, ice nova) and reverse knockback inc aoe sunder. I had 1 fps for a few seconds haha.

Normal combat I'm 50-60 fps with vSync.
Computer is self built, going on 4 years old.
KMGL Guild: /3193350
twitch.tv/AethrozTV
Last season I did 6-man rotations while playing coc-quill rain the other guys were,a summoner (zombies, flame sentinels, and srs), flame totem,2 fakeners, I forget what the last guy was. Had a couple fps drops below 20 but nothing unplayable, I'm not exactly running anything top of the line either since my pc is oldish. i7 + GTX 770.
I was in a zana rotation yesterday. Whenever there were more than 2 other players on my screen I had 0-1 fps. Maybe it's cause they were running CoC, whispering ice and some other unparty friendly stuff.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
A build that can stand off to the side a little away from the shit show I find no issues typically. But play a build that has to stand in particle vomit storm ground zero and that's a whole different experience.

It's crazy we still have to make our builds with PoE's technical limitations in mind if we want to party.
Even if the game ran perfectly in a 6-man group you still cant see a goddamn thing when every mob is constantly getting ice shotted and discharged.

I have no constructive suggestions on how to solve THAT problem, though. I think there is just fundamentally too much going on in a 6-man party to maintain sanity.
Last edited by Fightgarr on Jun 30, 2016, 1:30:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info