[3.17] The Warchief | [Facebreaker] Ancestral Warchief | Uber Boss Farmer | Beginner -> Expert

"
huyakf1997 wrote:
These r my items

Those ring have decent roll only low HP roll.
And my tree :
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAADuBIcEswUtC2EOPBDMFCAUcRUgFm8YkRm0GjgaPiGQKS4qEypNLKcs6S2DL8wyCTJONZI6UjwFPC09_D8nQKBHfkrESshQR1hjWOVZ81orXz9f0GLsZU1mnmebaPJsRm6qcg9ybHKpdO12rHk5eu97IHy4fNl9-37iggeDzITZhO-Kr4zPj5mQEZBVogCj8qdtrKquPq9stfK2ircxtz68n702vqfAZsC_wYLDaMT2xq7G2M9-2L3ZfNrB4NjjauRR6hDqGO8O73zwH_Iv9kj2rvcy-F_4k_jr-tL-Cv6H?accountName=huyakf1997&characterName=SickChieftain
Would you mind checking if some totem nodes worth or repect and take some other are better ?

It looks OK.

But my thoughts on the build...

We take the War Bringer ascendancy - and will thus be spamming a war cry. So why not take advantage of this?

Also, we won't have ton of armor, so why try to buff that?

Instead, focus on endurance charges for physical damage mitigation (synergizes with the War Bringer ascendancy) and really shines if we wear Bringer of Rain (which I prefer for all content below Guardians) - actually, for anything below Shaper, it really doesn't matter if you wear Abyssus and a 6-link or BoR - but for most Guardians (all but Phoenix) - I think BoR makes the encounters much less difficult.

Next, are jewels - up to four good rolls per jewel. A jewel slot is thus worth somewhat more than 3 other passives (4 if you get a perfect jewel) and you can likely utilize pathing towards the jewel to fulfill stat requirements.

So it makes sense to focus on jewels, endurance charges, and damage in the passive tree IMO.

Grabbing resistance nodes on the tree isn't nearly as efficient.

So, my preference - get a 6-link astral plate and go for max life (use essences) and high triple resists.

For boots, get a two-toned base with high resists, 30 movement speed and decent life.

With that in place, you can drop a bunch of armor/resist nodes on the tree and instead take endurance charges, damage and jewels.

IMO, this approach is much better than taking armor/resists on the tree.

At level 92 I've got 7 jewels, roughly 6K life, capped resistances (and can slot in Purity of Elements for elemental weakness maps) and 480K self-buffed DPS per totem (no flasks and no Vaal skills), and, with my belt, 8 endurance charges for physical damage mitigation.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Nov 5, 2016, 10:48:40 AM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
huyakf1997 wrote:
These r my items

Those ring have decent roll only low HP roll.
And my tree :
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAADuBIcEswUtC2EOPBDMFCAUcRUgFm8YkRm0GjgaPiGQKS4qEypNLKcs6S2DL8wyCTJONZI6UjwFPC09_D8nQKBHfkrESshQR1hjWOVZ81orXz9f0GLsZU1mnmebaPJsRm6qcg9ybHKpdO12rHk5eu97IHy4fNl9-37iggeDzITZhO-Kr4zPj5mQEZBVogCj8qdtrKquPq9stfK2ircxtz68n702vqfAZsC_wYLDaMT2xq7G2M9-2L3ZfNrB4NjjauRR6hDqGO8O73zwH_Iv9kj2rvcy-F_4k_jr-tL-Cv6H?accountName=huyakf1997&characterName=SickChieftain
Would you mind checking if some totem nodes worth or repect and take some other are better ?

It looks OK.

But my thoughts on the build...

We take the War Bringer ascendancy - and will thus be spamming a war cry. So why not take advantage of this?

Also, we won't have ton of armor, so why try to buff that?

Instead, focus on endurance charges for physical damage mitigation (synergizes with the War Bringer ascendancy) and really shines if we wear Bringer of Rain (which I prefer for all content below Guardians) - actually, for anything below Shaper, it really doesn't matter if you wear Abyssus and a 6-link or BoR - but for most Guardians (all but Phoenix) - I think BoR makes the encounters much less difficult.

Next, are jewels - up to four good rolls per jewel. A jewel slot is thus worth somewhat more than 3 other passives (4 if you get a perfect jewel) and you can likely utilize pathing towards the jewel to fulfill stat requirements.

So it makes sense to focus on jewels, endurance charges, and damage in the passive tree IMO.

Grabbing resistance nodes on the tree isn't nearly as efficient.

So, my preference - get a 6-link astral plate and go for max life (use essences) and high triple resists.

For boots, get a two-toned base with high resists, 30 movement speed and decent life.

With that in place, you can drop a bunch of armor/resist nodes on the tree and instead take endurance charges, damage and jewels.

IMO, this approach is much better than taking armor/resists on the tree.

At level 92 I've got 7 jewels, roughly 6K life, capped resistances (and can slot in Purity of Elements for elemental weakness maps) and 480K self-buffed DPS per totem (no flasks and no Vaal skills), and, with my belt, 8 endurance charges for physical damage mitigation.

So what u r saying is drop belly, take astral plate, respect armour nodes, res nodes and grab endurance charges ? For most contents use BoR except guardians ? Welp actually i'm following this guide and don't have much experience. BoR seems nice because i sometime get rekt by some noob mobs. Hmm let me try yours.
Anyway will max roll astral plate can compare to 40% inc maximum life of belly ? i'm kinda broke now and idk if i can afford a GG astral plate.
"
huyakf1997 wrote:
BoR seems nice because i sometime get rekt by some noob mobs. Hmm let me try yours.
Anyway will max roll astral plate can compare to 40% inc maximum life of belly ? i'm kinda broke now and idk if i can afford a GG astral plate.

A 6-link plate is very inexpensive (you'll need 6 Celestial Justicar cards which go for 8c each in essence right now) and then just use Deafening Essence of Greed (4c each) until you get two nice resistance rolls (I used 3 before rolling my chest) and craft on the 3rd resist.

With the Astral Plate, I have 5946 total life.

With a 40% increased life BoTB I have 6276 life.

So you do take a bit of a life hit going from BoTB to Astral Plate - but 6K life is plenty and the resists you pick up in return really help, allowing you to focus on other things in the tree.

The boots I have are really nice and cost about 3ex or so - but you could get something a bit less good and at least start to get a lot of resists covered using your gear.

With BoR I end up using jewels to cover resist and life - DPS isn't nearly as high as with Abyssus, but it's more than enough for content below Shaper.

For Shaper, I'll wear Abyssus and my 6-link, and with that setup all of my jewel slots are free for DPS/life.

Last edited by hankinsohl on Nov 6, 2016, 1:38:43 AM
Will a 5L wyrm scale work as well?
i'm using "Pugilist Viridian Jewel"
like that: http://i.imgur.com/xET46EV.jpg

found it in this thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/445390

thanks for sharing your build, like it alot.
So what is the no flask and vaal haste dmg differences btw legacy and normal facebreaker guys?
"
njrz wrote:
Will a 5L wyrm scale work as well?

I would not recommend a 5-link. I recommend a Bringer of Rain until Shaper and then a 6-link Astral Plate.
Hello, I'm quite new to poe but I do have some facebreakers
Clearly they are low level, at what point should I look for a new pair?

Secondly, how do you have black cats following you around?
"
xtrl9 wrote:

lol those are legacy.. youre already doing better than 90 percent of the ppl playing ;) to get better, youre paying multiple ex.. at 790 unarmed, im getting 350K per totem which is well enough... id upgrade other gear, if i were you unless you've a bountiful amount of exa at your disposal.
POE is life. POE is ♥.
"
"
xtrl9 wrote:

lol those are legacy.. youre already doing better than 90 percent of the ppl playing ;) to get better, youre paying multiple ex.. at 790 unarmed, im getting 350K per totem which is well enough... id upgrade other gear, if i were you unless you've a bountiful amount of exa at your disposal.

So it actually doesn't matter that they are for level 27 I'm noticing as the stat difference between mine and the above pair is minimal. My roll for dmg is higher by %50 but the above pair has +20% quality...So I should not attempt to reroll or improve these until the rest of my gear is sorted?

I played 2 years ago but took a long break from gaming, got the itch to dungeon crawl some more recently.

Also what about the cat followers, I need this in my life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info