[3.17] The Warchief | [Facebreaker] Ancestral Warchief | Uber Boss Farmer | Beginner -> Expert

im building this. enjoying this so far... i got a headhunter and sold to build this expensivaly as i could.

quick question tho im trying out both the great old ones and tukohama's.. not really enjoying blood magic with using hatred and hearald of ash it cuts my hp in half so i took off blood magic in tree and switch to great old ones... is this the best plan or no?
"
lChopSueyl wrote:
im building this. enjoying this so far... i got a headhunter and sold to build this expensivaly as i could.

quick question tho im trying out both the great old ones and tukohama's.. not really enjoying blood magic with using hatred and hearald of ash it cuts my hp in half so i took off blood magic in tree and switch to great old ones... is this the best plan or no?

Running auras with blood magic was never intended or specified in any of his builds so hopefully you realised that.

If you are planning to use tukohamas then it is better to drop the auras and switch to tukohama tree.
yes it does? its in his gear he has specified
"
Sparkl wrote:

Spoiler
"
DoctorPNZ wrote:
I maked some changes in my char
now i have 6.2k Hp (was 5.7)
1.1kk (was 620k) dmg per totem phys dmg full buff, enemy are shoked
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/iS58uj6t
change - Yriel's Fostering 4r1g1b armor for Belly 5r1b (find Yriel's 5r1b much less chance than Belly 5r1b, but if i find right color - dmg will grow even more)
Spoiler
almost impossible - vorici calculator

and switch Faster Attack gem for Increase Melle Damage on Full Life
add lighting trap gem
Gems
Spoiler

main

curse aura = gloves

Equip
Spoiler

From this we can conclude that the increase in the attack speed (from jewels, gems) for this build gives an increase in the level much lower than the increase of the melee physical damage.

1st observation:

Would have to test (don't have POB on my working computer obviously), but I am not sure whether you gain anything (or if much) when running HoA with Brutality in your link. We all know that flasks which add ele dmg based on phys dmg don't work with brutality.

But obviously this is a big improvement and you went into the right way.
I am a little partial to using Yriels as you loose so much defence by ditching the belly.

Your belly now has the right colors (you don't need faster attacks, it should be worse unless you are missing some ascendancies that give att speed or something), the only thing I would consider is ditching brutality and swapping it for Ruthless and incorporating Taste of hate and Sin's Rebirth + Atziri's promise flasks in. Your DPS should increase by A LOT compared to your current build while on the other hand your base non buffed DPS should be lower compared to brutality. It really is just a difference between overall damage and spike damage (flasks).

Also, I find it a little hard to believe that you do 2m total DPS with Increase AOE gem? Probably you meant Concentrated Effect there. If not then my apologies, awesome dps for a Inc AOE gem in the link.

Edit: Also, you now have 6.2kHP which is what I had at lvl 89 I think, before I decided to switch from normal rare jewels to abyssal hp + phys att jewels.

I have done the calculations based on the tukohama tree (higher HP% passive increase as opposed to budget or ultra budget version) and it basically makes sense to replace all your jewels with abyssals. You should see a major increase both in HP and DPS using only mediocre abyssal jewels (need at least a 40ish HP roll, so either high roll t2, preferably t1 HP roll, and cca. 3-5 phys dmg roll to offset an average rare 7% inc HP and 10-13% inc dmg rolled jewel).

Experiment with it, I gained cca 550ish HP over normal jewels.

Good luck!

Thank you.

Of course, I mean with Concentrated Effect (i show it whith pastebin link)
Last edited by DoctorPNZ on Feb 3, 2018, 1:44:36 PM
"
Sparkl wrote:
"
xpldngmn wrote:
"
kenn23 wrote:
Hello, i have a question about this build. i was playing a 2H Mara warchief build and i finally got a pair of Facebreakers. with my 2H, my totem dps was 24k but when i remove my 2H weapon and equip my facebreakers, my dps for the totem goes down to less then 1k dps.

Not sure what i am doing wrong. I am playing on the Xbox so i cant post my setup and gear. Does having a weapon in the secondary spot stop the gloves from working right or the totmes from getting the damage from them?

i am using a 6L Rasa with the totem setup

I am level 74 and had a most of my passives in 2H mace nodes since that is what i was leveling with for a long time. do i need to respec out of those 2H nodes into something else?

Thanks

weapons in the swap slot don't influence facebreaker. what do you have in your offhand? you should not have a weapon there, get a shield (old one's ward best choice most likely)
yes, you need to respec out of those 2H nodes, they don't do anything for this build.

No, BIS is Tukohama shield, Great one is 2nd in line. Both good though but Tukohama is by all means a better defensive and offensive shield. As is the price.

kenn23 just "got a pair of Facebreakers." Tukohama might be out of his league, so I recommended old one's. I personally use tuko.
just used pob on my char 2 mill dps at level 88 this correct? ofcourse not allways at full life but still wth?
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
under the high budget skills part the pastbin and the skill tree video are different. with the pastbin he doesn't take Testudo node. whats more updated pastbin or video link?
"
lChopSueyl wrote:
yes it does? its in his gear he has specified

"High Budged Tree lvl 92"
"

Abyssus gives us the most adds # - # physical dmg to attacks ingame

Gems: Shield Charge -> Faster Attacks -> Fortify -> Culling Strike

The Tukohama's Fortress shield is way more expensive than the Great Old One's Ward, but u get nice Life, Totem DMG, +1 Totems(!!), 300 Armor per Totem (3 Totems = 900 Armor). The Blood Magic can be a downside, but we use it anyway so... ;)

Gems: CWDT -> Immortal Call -> Increased Duration

The Belly of the Beast give me around ~ 700 life

Gems: Ancestral Warchief, -> Melee Damage, -> Melee Damage on Full Life, -> Increased Aoe (Concentrated Effect) -> Maim -> Faster Attacks

Switch Increased Area to Conc Effect for Hard Bosses. You can switch Faster Attacks with Ruthless if you feel you have enough attack speed (wich is also a dmg increase)

The Facebreaker should be clear - if you can, get some with a Curse on hit corruption, Temporal Chains for defense or Elemental Weakness / Vulnerability for offence. Vulnerability is stronger at the beginning and Elemental Weakness is stronger with min-maxed gear/flasks

Gems: Enduring Cry -> Increased Duration -> Vaal Haste -> Vaal Grace

The Meginord is BIS. Try to get some with +1 Endurance Charge Corruption. The Headhunter is best for Mapping as always (you get the Mods when your Totems kill a Rare)

Im realy in love with the Death's Door Boots. Bleed Immunity, All Res, up to 40 STR and good Movement Speed. The only Downside is the 50% Increased Status Ailments Duration, wich can be easy compared with a Freeze Flask.

Gems: CWDT -> Stone Golem -> Vaal Lightning Trap -> Increased Duration

No aura's in there. Hope it helps!
Last edited by maxxxam on Feb 4, 2018, 9:17:57 AM
Hey, I'm testing your build at the moment and I really enjoy it! I find it easy to level and get through everything. The question I have is if there is an alternative to the 6l Belly of the beast. I started into this with like 20C and definitely can't afford it atm. Would appreciate an answer and thanks for the nice build & guide :)
Getting near the end of this league and have really enjoyed this build. Have done just the low cost version and it has really done the job. Starting to do T14 and T15 maps now and except for the crazy 8 mod maps, there hasn't been much of a problem. deaths are usually due to me being in the wrong place at the wrong time more than anything else...
DPS is up to almost 1.5M for the two totems with all the buffs up which is cool, but i rarely even use the con aoe gem. i just run inc aoe and don't even have all the buffs up so my normal DPS total is usually around 800k. Life is only 5.6k but could up that by paying more for jewels with more life. the jewels all cost 10c or under and i crafted the belly for about 150c (412 fusings to 6l it!)

Thanks for the build!

DPS
full buff inc AOE full buff conc AOE unbuffed ho

Gear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info