Just a though: Seems like Lab problem was reward and difficulty, not the content itself

You can see by how much the complaints in general decreased, mostly ingame chat. They added uber lab with nice rewards, people shut up a bit, people figured out how godlike juggernaut is to run the lab, they shut up even more because difficulty went down.

So, where is your god now? IMO those complaining about the lab just wanted the game to become more like candy crush, and they have it for the moment.

- Do you agree?

- Did i trigger you?
Sometimes...
Last bumped on Jul 5, 2016, 12:36:59 AM
Really? Would you mow someone's lawn for a punch in the face? How about taking out the trash for a swift kick in the nuts? Want to work for a boss that pays you with a good ass whooping every two weeks?

No?

Pfff, you just want life to be like Candy Crush, so where is you god now?

OF COURSE everyone wants rewards. You talk like this is a revelation. Well it may be for you, but for most (I hope), it's pretty much a given. Yes, we are hedonists to the core. We want the path of least resistance.

Nobody anywhere wants traps or to even navigate some twisted map. We want a conveyor belt of monsters to slay. Once you get your head around that, you may glean a bit of what is actually wrong with the Lab and the direction GGG is headed. Maybe not...
Deliver pain exquisite
Considering my only complaint was the rewards (Chest of Chaos Recipe Rares, Chest of Chaos Recipe Rares, Chest of Blacksmith's Whetstones + a Rejuvenation Totem Enchant), uhhhh... yeah.

Plus, no complaints when I played the Two-Week Race and cashed out all my Chaos into a Rat's Nest with an enchant for all the Bow Skills I wanted to play (+1 TShot, TShot Crit Chance, +2 LA, 8% Ice Shot Radius, 100% Ice Golem Buff, etc). I had people to run lab for me. They were called players of the league.

And yeah this league I made a Marauder EQ as soon as I realized Uber Lab was actually rewarding. Sorry, that's how grinding games go, friend.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I hate the lab still. Its style of play, in my opinion, doesn't have anything to do with ARPGs.

Due to über lab rewards I still decided to make a lab runner (surprisingly EQ Juggernaut with shitton of regeneration and 9 endurance charges). This far I've managed to force myself to make only one run because doing lab is still boring to me.

That one run and all the trials before have been quite enlightening though. I did realize that we, the lab haters, have been right all along: lab isn't any more skill based content than map grind with massive AoE damage as with proper build it becomes trivial to the point where you can practically ignore the traps completely and face tank Izaro (well, I did that in the previous league too - never understood the complaints about him).

So to make sure the OP also gets it:

- doing the lab doesn't mean one likes it
- people do things they don't like if the reward is good enough
- not posting about the matter daily doesn't mean one's opinion has changed
My opinion: The biggest problem with the lab is that it locks character development behind a barrier that can't be overcome unless you don't need to.

This whole game has the problem that it's way too difficult until it's way too easy. The sweet spot lasts about 15 minutes. The lab is a symptom of a much bigger problem. Bonuses are too powerful compared to the ordinary. People who play at the "standard" find the game very frustrating, but people who have unlocked these bonuses find it too easy.

It's the difference between the haves and the have-nots that is causing this trouble.
"
Really? Would you mow someone's lawn for a punch in the face? How about taking out the trash for a swift kick in the nuts? Want to work for a boss that pays you with a good ass whooping every two weeks?

No?

Pfff, you just want life to be like Candy Crush, so where is you god now?

OF COURSE everyone wants rewards. You talk like this is a revelation. Well it may be for you, but for most (I hope), it's pretty much a given. Yes, we are hedonists to the core. We want the path of least resistance.

Nobody anywhere wants traps or to even navigate some twisted map. We want a conveyor belt of monsters to slay. Once you get your head around that, you may glean a bit of what is actually wrong with the Lab and the direction GGG is headed. Maybe not...

Why so aggressive? Read again.
Sometimes...
it was never about the reward of the lab to me.
The lab is just not the playstyle i enjoy.

I run it without much issue on characters designed for it, and pay for runs on characters not.
IT still is poorly made in the sense that some builds are severely punished for the trap layouts and designs, while others can breeze through it.

The fact that less people are complaining does not correlate to the idea it is because they improved some of the rewards. It can be simply because voicing your opinion over and over again is pointless.
It could also be the fact that less are playing since the league is dull and most people in standard have done the lab once , or know people who will run it for them.

The lab is still about skipping 95% of its content to just get through it.
There is much they need to improve upon in the lab to make it more tolerable.

Nope. I play uberable corable toons who completly faceroll lab and still go there only to ascend. Fuck that place. All I like is hard boss fights really and lab is not one and its a maze. I dont even farm tunnel map no way im gonna farm lab. My #1 complain is no portal meaning no trade while in lab. I like trade way better than drops.

Complaints subsided because they always do once ppl vent. But message was clear. Lab is very unpopular.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 29, 2016, 6:35:28 PM
"
You can see by how much the complaints in general decreased, mostly ingame chat. They added uber lab with nice rewards, people shut up a bit, people figured out how godlike juggernaut is to run the lab, they shut up even more because difficulty went down.

So, where is your god now? IMO those complaining about the lab just wanted the game to become more like candy crush, and they have it for the moment.

- Do you agree?

- Did i trigger you?

Making Lab worth farming isn't the same as making it optional. Atziri is optional - no points gated behind it. Lab is not optional because there's no other way to get the points.

Now, if you could TRADE other players for the points, (like you can trade players for Atziri drops), NOW you can call Lab optional.

God is dead, he was vaaled and bricked - for science.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

I dont agree sorry

GGG is actually acting like a government

They have a shit Bill to pass and know its uber shit

to manipulate the citizen's opinion they give Taxes reductions

same goes with Lab

GGG knows it bad but they spent so much ressources and time on that shit they cannot just close it for maintenance

instead they give insane loots at the end so the last impression they have of the lab is the WOw of the pinata.

If lab was that fun, people would be running Trial runs in merciless "for fun"
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jun 29, 2016, 11:19:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info