What I Learned from getting to 36

I disagree with almost everything... except the last point.

unique boxes- very rare, true. but some things are rare in the game. why is it a dick move ? its part of a 'challenge' set which encompasses RNG. it's not like it's getting a mirror or anything (remember back in the day using an ETERNAL was part of challenge set ? or what about T1 unique id'ing ? same shit only you could buy it or something- if a dick move means you cant buy it, then its a great move in my book)

shrines- it's not that there are too few shrines, its just there are too many boxes (and that mysterious treasure prophecy gives you 30+ a pop) and master missions.

map bosses- well, I get a decent amount of maps from them, especially since I run a lot of lower content and vaal plenty of maps).

however, even if bosses had a guaranteed one map drop (and they clearly don't), youd still need to do 300 maps. in todays day and age most players dont bother grinding maps for that long, for whatever reason (I can go on a rant, but I won't).

"
grepman wrote:

unique boxes- very rare, true. but some things are rare in the game. why is it a dick move ? its part of a 'challenge' set which encompasses RNG. it's not like it's getting a mirror or anything (remember back in the day using an ETERNAL was part of challenge set ? or what about T1 unique id'ing ? same shit only you could buy it or something- if a dick move means you cant buy it, then its a great move in my book)

ggg knows full well how rare the boxes are , rare enough for a challenge. to then say " you know that rare unique strong box you just found... nope not on the list" you can almost see the troll face forming on chris wilson .

"
grepman wrote:

shrines- it's not that there are too few shrines, its just there are too many boxes (and that mysterious treasure prophecy gives you 30+ a pop) and master missions.

what the hell does strong boxes being common have to do with shrines being rare? they are pretty much unrelated mechanics apart from sharing the distinct trait of randomly spawning and having a bunch of mobs guarding them.

They are effectively a pointless mechanic. they are too rare to really be a meaningful contribution to the game. you get one every maybe 5 - 6 areas if you are lucky. for what 60 seconds? or is it 45?

doesn't happen frequent enough for me to remember and i just got done farming the stupid things.

"

map bosses- well, I get a decent amount of maps from them, especially since I run a lot of lower content and vaal plenty of maps).

however, even if bosses had a guaranteed one map drop (and they clearly don't), you'd still need to do 300 maps. in todays day and age most players dont bother grinding maps for that long, for whatever reason (I can go on a rant, but I won't).

thats because end game is effectively broken
Be a 40 =x
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

ggg knows full well how rare the boxes are , rare enough for a challenge. to then say " you know that rare unique strong box you just found... nope not on the list" you can almost see the troll face forming on chris wilson .

its called a 'challenge' and its RNG-based, and you can't buy it (well technically you can but harder to buy than a T1 unique or an eternal). I don't see the problem. it was always like that. some torment spirits in torment were extremely rare too.

"
grepman wrote:

what the hell does strong boxes being common have to do with shrines being rare? they are pretty much unrelated mechanics apart from sharing the distinct trait of randomly spawning and having a bunch of mobs guarding them. They are effectively a pointless mechanic. they are too rare to really be a meaningful contribution to the game. you get one every maybe 5 - 6 areas if you are lucky. for what 60 seconds? or is it 45?

because I assumed you were looking at your shrines number next to boxes/masters challenge, and they obviously lag behind. if I assumed wrong - my apologies. but if thats so, I dont know what your quip about shrines have to do with your challenges at all.

shrines are also easily gotten in vaal side areas and I believe their spawn rate is a bit better what you described. the point of shrines was domination, now theyre just a way to spice things up a bit in core game. just like boxes should be, but because people feel entitled to get more loot, boxes are more common than shrines, for what exact reason, I dont know.

"

however, even if bosses had a guaranteed one map drop (and they clearly don't), you'd still need to do 300 maps. in todays day and age most players dont bother grinding maps for that long, for whatever reason (I can go on a rant, but I won't).

thats because end game is effectively broken [/quote]regardless, judging map drops off bosses of a challenge that requires like 400+ map runs (without possible shortcuts like the wolf boss, etc) is a bit silly, dont you think ?
People complaining about doing almost all challenges in 1 month while they are 2 left ?

Lol

I'm taking my time, not buying anything and trying to do then all by myself. A lot more fun and I still have interest in playing this league.
What kills interest for me, and it doesn't matter which league, is having to level alt toons... /wrists.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"
grepman wrote:
its called a 'challenge' and its RNG-based, <...> I don't see the problem.
Except throwing dices over and over till they finally give you 6+6 isn't called "challenge". By sane people, at least.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
its called a 'challenge' and its RNG-based, <...> I don't see the problem.
Except throwing dices over and over till they finally give you 6+6 isn't called "challenge". By sane people, at least.

I agree. its more of an 'achievement'. the point is that they have always been like that, actually even worse.
Unique boxes are just bullshit, they even said they increased spawning rate of them haha. Maps from bosses, still don't have that one, the drop rate is pretty low.

Btw. These are not challenges, they look like achievements more and more every league. Easy way to keep masses happy for GGG, looky me 36! Soon there will be "Start up PoE 300 times" and "Find a Transmute" challenges.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
grepman wrote:
unique boxes- very rare, true. but some things are rare in the game. ... remember back in the day using an ETERNAL was part of challenge set

Getting an eternal was much easier - because of trade. People put eternals in their stash and sold them later. You can't save a unique box encounter for later, so the market for it is much smaller & less flexible.

"
grepman wrote:

How are lower maps or vaaled maps relevant to map drops from boss? The drop rate is 20%, which means you need to run 1.500 maps to get 300 drops from boss.

This map challenge is the most grindy one, more so than the "endgame grinds" challenge. True, in the past challenges were a lot more brutal, mostly because of the shopping one.

Still, the map grind is slow but deterministic, while the extremely rare encounters that GGG is always putting in (Thief ghost, Perandus Archive, Unique strongbox..) aren't exactly fun or challenging, just.. random..
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jun 30, 2016, 2:33:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info