Reddit is Going Nuts Over Trade

"
Bars wrote:
I know, I just hate haggling and try to avoid ot at least minimize it as much as possible. I honestly prefer not to sell something than to give it to a haggler.

of yourse you would have to overprice your items like i do. makes some people furious but also has the nice side effect of people not bothering you too much.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
I know, I just hate haggling and try to avoid ot at least minimize it as much as possible. I honestly prefer not to sell something than to give it to a haggler.

of yourse you would have to overprice your items like i do. makes some people furious but also has the nice side effect of people not bothering you too much.

Nah, I always try to give a fair price. I ignore the lowballers, I try to be civil with the polite ones who are haggling within reason and I'm short and not too friendly with the impolite hagglers. Works for me.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

All I want is to preserve and enhance this amazing game. I'm still not convinced that an auction house would be beneficial, but I'm all ears.
Last edited by natefactor07 on Jun 29, 2016, 9:54:07 AM
"
Bars wrote:
Nah, I always try to give a fair price.

i find that the hardest part of poe.

of course one can lookup prices for just jewelery on poe.trade if they do not manipulate them at the moment.

all other gear is too often just people who either don't sell for the listed price or throw items on the market for one alch because they just have one or two stash tabs reserved for trade.
"
vio wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
Nah, I always try to give a fair price.

i find that the hardest part of poe.

of course one can lookup prices for just jewelery on poe.trade if they do not manipulate them at the moment.

all other gear is too often just people who either don't sell for the listed price or throw items on the market for one alch because they just have one or two stash tabs reserved for trade.

It is difficult, especially for rare items. If it's unclear, I try to make a reasonable estimate. If no one messages me in a few days (for more niche or expensive items) or within a few hours (for more sought-after stuff), I gradually lower it until I sell it.

If I list something and get a message almost instantly, I know I got caught by an automated search and my price might be too low. I say 'give me 5 minutes', wait to see if I get spammed by other players (in which case I change the price) and sell it if I don't get spammed. This happens very rarely. I think it only happened twice this league.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 29, 2016, 10:02:19 AM
Player interaction is a shitty meme noone believes in besides few selected most illuded whiteknights

"player joined area"
"trade accepted"
"ty"
"ty"
"player left area"

In hc you get thx gl ss

We are polite
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
raxleberne wrote:
Player interaction is a shitty meme noone believes in besides few selected most illuded whiteknights

"player joined area"
"trade accepted"
"ty"
"ty"
"player left area"

i had quite nice discussions with some players after a trade, you just need to know how to communicate with your fellow players nicely.

Last edited by vio on Jun 29, 2016, 11:27:52 AM
"
vio wrote:
"
raxleberne wrote:

"player joined area"
"trade accepted"
"ty"
"ty"
"player left area"

i had quite nice discussions with some players after a trade, you just need to know how to communicate with your fellow players nicely.

in that context: cut that whiteknight shit already, nobody will read your whiny complaints if you do that.

Stay strong in your delusions pal, cherry-picked examples are valid arguments only for you and your whiteknight friends. Everyone else is tired of this shitty meme and wants to trade as fast as possible
"
raxleberne wrote:

"player joined area"
"trade accepted"
"ty"
"ty"
"player left area"

this! time to fix this. I understand ppl who dont want to get out of their comfort zone but it is operationally flawed. Pls put it in your roadmap. thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info