Reddit is Going Nuts Over Trade

"
One thing I have noticed is that ever since poe.trade implemented the whisper/copy to clipboard functionality, the experience of trading with another player has been much less interesting.

For me its the opposite. Trading became interesting for me when i discovered poe.trade and the whisper/copy to clipboard function. I play poe because i want to hack´n slay.
I never intended to play a bazar simulator.
Last edited by Nackt on Jun 30, 2016, 2:41:05 PM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
databeaver wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:
If you want to talk to someone while trading go to the damn grocery store.

You mean the place where I pick goods from the shelves myself, put them on the conveyor belt, say "hi" to the cashier, she tells me the price, I give her money and get my change, say "thanks" and walk out?

Atleast the grocery has a price.

Do you prefer some flipper retard telling you make an offer, you check poe trade to see the going rate you offer him a price around the going rate then he tells you your offer is an insult and he has turned down offers 10 times greater and more of his dog shit life story?

I'm most certainly NOT rich or a flipper but I literally never price anything when I put it in a sale tab because the prices fluctuate so wildly this league that what is good one day is so inept the next it would be unreal. I'd either be undercutting myself drastically or being the "wtf is that guy smoking putting it that high"

I honestly just have people whisper me and I ask them what the same/similar are going for on poe.trade (since I'm actually...ya know...PLAYING the game). I do a quick double check and I make the trade or I don't. Usually I'll haggle a little bit either way but that's the name of the game.
"
Nackt wrote:
"
One thing I have noticed is that ever since poe.trade implemented the whisper/copy to clipboard functionality, the experience of trading with another player has been much less interesting.

For me its the opposite. Trading became interesting for me when i discovered poe.trade and the whisper/copy to clipboard function. I play poe because i want to hack´n slay.

THANK YOU. Someone gets it. I put my shit up without a price for a reason so people will whisper me and I can play without having to search prices down for everything in 25+ tabs.
"
"
Nackt wrote:
"

THANK YOU. Someone gets it. I put my shit up without a price for a reason so people will whisper me and I can play without having to search prices down for everything in 25+ tabs.

PoE has turned into a game of Frogger with a bazar simulator :/
"
Pewzor wrote:
PoE Trade is 100% as fucking AH as AH could get but worse because people gets to play dirty like uncut everyone with a fake listing to disrupt normal market development or trade scams that came with no automated trading. Also the reliance on 3rd party website as well as no ingame UI for search criteria like PoE.Trade has.

The whole "player interaction" argument is nothing but a laughable excuse for not developing a functional ingame trading system. Everyone and their mom knows that the player interaction PoE trading offers is totally worthless.

Actually you end up hating on that lowballer or no reply sellers a little more every time it happens and to the sellers you end up hating on people constently pming you for a 1c item while you are in a rota or in lab.

But then again PoE whiteknights will never allow this to happen. Because ripping noobs off and scam the shit outta people and cause them to quit the game is part of the "genuine PoE experience"

logging in just to say +1

AH would make PoE 10 times better game.....but that require money and resources.....and days where quality had advantage over quantity are long gone
Hello sir, you appear to be selling an item using the PoE Trade selling item listing feature, and I would love to purchase it from you, good sir. It is a [brittle emperor divinvation card] you have listed for [2exalted orbs], a fine price, if I say so myself. As you have expressed interest in selling for this price, I would love to buy it from you, as you expressed. Thank you for your time, I look forward to a pleasing social interaction and trade experience with you.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
mark1030 wrote:
What am I doing differently that makes trading so easy when some people are having such a hard time with it?

First of all you play temp leagues. It's very easy to get your trades there but try to get what you want in standard or hardcore while temp leagues are running.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Hello sir, you appear to be selling an item using the PoE Trade selling item listing feature, and I would love to purchase it from you, good sir. It is a [brittle emperor divinvation card] you have listed for [2exalted orbs], a fine price, if I say so myself. As you have expressed interest in selling for this price, I would love to buy it from you, as you expressed. Thank you for your time, I look forward to a pleasing social interaction and trade experience with you.

Even our beloved ZiggyD knows what's up
Last edited by dOntFa11 on Jul 1, 2016, 2:36:51 AM
ROFL there's a script for that now. Using that all day long.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
what redddit and why should i care?
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info