Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Reddit is Going Nuts Over Trade

I ended in a bitter argument with some retarded seller because apparently he was the only one not afk or logged in.

I wanted the block chance gem, adds 20% of block to spells. There are 2% block, 3% block and 4% block.

He had a 4% block, but he had no price the usual flipper scammer kind of guy. I offered him 1 Exalt but instead of saying no thanks he came to tell me his retarded life story about how he turned down 4 exalts already bla bla bla.

Mind you none of those gems sell and there are other sellers selling it for 1.5 ex and 2 ex. And his is a shittier roll and he wants 6 ex.

Not sure if he is a serious seller or if he is a retard but what I can assure you is that so called player interaction demoralizes me. And quite frankly I prefer to deal with an automated system than some mentally challenged lunatic in a latrine who has to give me his life story instead of saying yes or no.

Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Jun 29, 2016, 5:16:40 AM
"
sarannah101 wrote:

However, the real issue with trading isn't ease of trading, or how often actual players trade. the real issue with an auction house is both the botters(who will write auction house scripts) and the flippers, who will camp the auction house 24/7. These two kinds of "players"(for lack of a better word), are the ones who destroy the markets in every online game. Meaning that even if GGG were to make an auction house, they would have to make limits so those two types of players cannot destroy the market. Limits like only being able to buy and sell two items through the auction house per day, only being able to list 3-5 items maximum, a maximum buy-out limit of 10 exalted(so people cannot keep inflating prices) etc etc. Limits that actual players wouldn't really feel, but the ones that want to/will destroy the economy would.

These limits are completely unrealistic. As for the flippers and botters, don't worry - they are already flipping and botting and using trade scripts anyway. The flippers aren't destroying the market, they are regulating it and making it almost impossible for casual traders to catch super-good trades (this won't change with an AH), on the other hand they make it possible to sell items very quickly if you're unwilling to wait. I find this particularly useful for currency trades. I don't give a fuck about paying a bit more or receiving a bit less, if I can avoid using the trade chat and not have to wait, I'm happy.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 29, 2016, 5:17:06 AM
"
LOOZING wrote:
GGG is very happy not having to deal with trade. That takes work and employees. They will never ever accept responsibility for that part of the game even though it is mandatory.

Hit the nail on the head.
"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
"
natefactor07 wrote:
One thing I have noticed is that ever since poe.trade implemented the whisper/copy to clipboard functionality, the experience of trading with another player has been much less irritating.

FTFY.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
I really just want a delivery system for low priced items.

Example now when I want a Unique to get a Prohpecy:

Hi, I'd like to buy your x for 1 Alch in Prophecy
User is AFK

User is not logged in

No response

User is AFK

Sry I'm doing Lab

User is not logged in

Sry I'm doing a rota

Ok
Invite
"t4t"
"t4t"
Leave Party

Dafuq LOL

Nice trade interaction. Just deliver me the damn 1 Alch Unique so I can back to getting shitty Prophecies to take off my screen.

+1 Pretty much sums up the idiocy of the trading 'system'. It's an absolute joke to have to exit the game in order to play the game in the first place.
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
natefactor07 wrote:
One thing I have noticed is that ever since poe.trade implemented the whisper/copy to clipboard functionality, the experience of trading with another player has been much less irritating.

FTFY.

Yep because it helps reduce player interaction which literally and ironically made trading less annoying.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
ressiv wrote:
If you want to talk to someone while trading go to the damn grocery store.

You mean the place where I pick goods from the shelves myself, put them on the conveyor belt, say "hi" to the cashier, she tells me the price, I give her money and get my change, say "thanks" and walk out?
"
databeaver wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:

You mean the place where I pick goods from the shelves myself, put them on the conveyor belt, say "hi" to the cashier, she tells me the price, I give her money and get my change, say "thanks" and walk out?

Perfect example of PoE trading is like exactly cept the cashier couldn't go "sorry that item is actually not $2.99 like it says on our company fliers its actually 29.99 pay up or go fuck urself dirty lowballer". They will get sued. Nor could the cashier literally tell you to go fuck yourself because they commit a pricing fraud and didn't really want to sell their goods at that price.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
databeaver wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:

Atleast the grocery has a price.

Do you prefer some flipper retard telling you make an offer, you check poe trade to see the going rate you offer him a price around the going rate then he tells you your offer is an insult and he has turned down offers 10 times greater and more of his dog shit life story?
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
"
natefactor07 wrote:
and I wonder if the person running poe.trade removed the easy whisper/copy to clipboard functionality, trade would improve, even if just slightly.
Nope. Somebody else would've just made extension(GM or w/e) for poetrade with that same functionality.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info