Seeking advice on 6 Linking.

"
Namcap wrote:
If you're going to try to do it on your own, you need backup gear. Using a 5L weapon, have another in your stash and try to link that one, at least you don't lose your ability to play every time you throw some fuses around. I known personally I will never use the Vorici method because I can't accumulate 1500 fusings. Hell I barely have 450 jewellers and 250 fusings in stash right now and I'm itching to spend it on something but have no idea what. Doesn't hurt as much if you don't hit right away if you know you're gambling over time on a random item.

Luckily, I only need 1 6 link/5 link, which I have on my chest. So my Reach is free to do whatever with. Also adds to the problem of not really gambling over time on a random item :S.

Edit: I'm leaning towards just dumping them into it as I go now. I think a big contributor is that I think I'll feel a lot more accomplished getting it the "true" way.
Last edited by Renley8 on Jun 28, 2016, 12:57:42 PM
If you are serious about getting a 6L Reach then you would not want to gamble, it just shows that you have not seriously regretted yet.

Here is what I normally do. Find another joker who enjoys gambling who already has a 6L Reach and sell him the Reach and pay him in fusings much less than Vorici price (but not complete lowball) for his 6L Reach.

'If your RNG is bad, simply sell your RNG to others =)'

"
Zinki wrote:

Luckily, I only need 1 6 link/5 link, which I have on my chest. So my Reach is free to do whatever with. Also adds to the problem of not really gambling over time on a random item :S.

Edit: I'm leaning towards just dumping them into it as I go now. I think a big contributor is that I think I'll feel a lot more accomplished getting it the "true" way.

I'm the same. I've bought six-links before... and it feels terribly underwhelming. Part of the reason I prefer gambling. The feeling when you six-link something yourself is great. You're either happy you got lucky or you're happy the bad luck streak finally ended :D But you gotta be prepared to hit a long and frustrating bad luck streak. A bit like playing in HC - you'd better be prepared to die. There's always this pesky nagging hope 'hey, I might survive'... but you have to be prepared.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
If u are a casual player that has life outside poe - get lucky.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
Totally rng-based. Ive 6-linked a bow with one fuse....other items with 20 or 30...some with a couple of hundred, and one chest I gave up on. I have a mate that has never 6-l an item because he stops when it 5-links, and you have to then make an even harder choice...sell the 5-l because they are reasonably valuable....or keep fusing....and its hard sometimes to see a 5-l drop back to a 1 or 2 link.....lol.

My advice?...set a limit (depending on the value of a 5-link of that item) on the amount of fuses you throw against an item and then stop when it goes over that amount and you get a 5-link. That way you either get the thrill of a 6-link if it works, or a return on the 5-link for yr next project.

If you do it because you want that specific item to 6-l...then just go for broke....all your league stuff goes back to standard in the end anyways... :)
When I quit around 1.5 years ago, I spent my remaining currency on fuses just to gamble.

All up since coming back, I have spent ~6500 fuses and still haven't 6 linked it yet. My luck!

Basically (I play in standard) if I want a 6l item, I will now only master crafts or buy it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info