Why use Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call when you can't generate Endurance Charges?

I'm not say it isn't good. I've used it on many of my builds but all those builds could generate Endurance Charges. Poison Bladefall Trappers can not. I have a hard time imagining that .4-.6sec (if you slot increased duration, has that much impact on surviveability. I personally haven't seen a difference yet.
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
Mannoth wrote:
CWDT+IC is the thing that saves you when you kill a pack of nasty porcupines from my experience.

CWDT+IC worth the two slots for porcupines alone. I can instantly tell who has it and who doesn't in porcupine maps.

Also OP's name checks out.

This, also with a 20/20 increase duration it can reach almost 1sec (that you can reach with some increase duration nods of the tree). Ultimate ranged non curse defensive setup is CWDT + DURATION + EC + FROST WALL, will save you a LOT.
"
MasterBLB wrote:
And is there a reliable way to generate endurance charges for caster character during boss fights?Except Enduring Cry of course.
For melee ones it is Vengeance + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun,but I know no such means for caster toon.

Caster Juggernaut! ;)

A CoC character who uses staves (or bows) can reliably generate endurance charges too if they have the right node.

Also A Heirophant caster can generate endurance charges just by using PCoC.

Also Guardian/scion guardian can rely on their party members.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jun 27, 2016, 6:48:44 PM
"
MasterBLB wrote:
And is there a reliable way to generate endurance charges for caster character during boss fights?Except Enduring Cry of course.
For melee ones it is Vengeance + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun,but I know no such means for caster toon.

Seems like you're talking about boss fights with adds (which can be stunned), in which case, Warlord's Mark.

Everyone keeps listing builds it works great on. All of which seem to have a way to generate charges or take nodes in the tree. My confusion was with builds who don't take any increased duration nodes in the tree and only rely on the increased duration gem. Also not having the ability to generate charges. I totally see 1sec being useful but .6 I have a hard time seeing the value.
"
safety2nd wrote:
Everyone keeps listing builds it works great on. All of which seem to have a way to generate charges or take nodes in the tree. My confusion was with builds who don't take any increased duration nodes in the tree and only rely on the increased duration gem. Also not having the ability to generate charges. I totally see 1sec being useful but .6 I have a hard time seeing the value.

Have you tried it against those porcupines things (in maps), like everyone suggested? Hold your judgement until you fight those things.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
safety2nd wrote:

Have you tried it against those porcupines things (in maps), like everyone suggested? Hold your judgement until you fight those things.

Fare enough. But are they that consistent to use the slots for the .6sec? I'm personally more interested in things like CWDT + molten shell or Tempest Shield.
Last edited by safety2nd on Jun 27, 2016, 10:33:35 PM
"
safety2nd wrote:
Fare enough. But are they that consistent to use the slots for the .6sec? I'm personally more interested in things like CWDT + molten shell or Tempest Shield.
Why not both? If you can spare the slots for a 4L CWDT, a decently leveled CWDT-IC-MS-ID is amazing for stopping multiple physical hits from killing you.

That CWDT immortal Call is godly on Juggernaut.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
@safety2nd

Till yesterday I too disregarded value of CWDT + IC,like you.Then I went into nightmare Labyrinth with my Kwintus character.Yeah,it has shitty gear,I know.Skill setup is also weird,but it is just a test bed.

Oh Lord,I barely beat Argus,on the last flask charge.This son of bitch hit like truck and very quickly,definitely ~4-5 times per second if not more.Immortal Call combined with my ascendancy Sanctify node would save me A LOT of headache,as it'd negate 2-3 of his attacks.
And I perished during 2nd fight with Izaro.
So far I've no idea about porcupines in maps,but definitely Argus is a good indicator about usefulness of Immortal Call.

Soo definitely I'm going to put CWDT + IC for Kwintus.But because it is Incinerate-based guy I'd love to know how to generate charges against single boss,as I rather won't break channeling to cast Enduring Cry :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info