Just me or trading pushes game to far for non-uh ya..

As much as I love the game is trading to much/drops to low?

I know some people didn't like parandus and some people liked it. As much as I love the game, it seems to hard to get items worth trading, I played for some time and seems exalted orbs slightly increased or I was just lucky during perandus. Before that I had 1 drop worth trading(soul taker). I had fun during the leauge and getting drops kept me going since I knew I had some chance of getting items worth selling to fund the builds I wanted to try etc, I even dropped some money on the game since I was enjoying it(micro transactions/stash tabs).

Before perandus I had 1k hr's of struggle and I had no reason to drop money on the micro transaction(stash tabs). Do you think maybe drop rates / items worth trade are to low? If you play non stop there's a chance and reason to push on, with little to no chance the game seems not worth it imo.

It seems unless your trading up currency/snagging items from newer players the game is not worth it unless you can play for 6-10hr's a day.

I don't want the game to turn into D3 but think the game should yield better drops worth your time spent. With 1k hours into the game outside of perandus(500hr's in it) it seems like just a waste of time.
Last bumped on Jun 27, 2016, 9:35:40 PM
You can look at my hours played, and my stash, and you will see that this league was the first time I ever got a drop worth gasping over(kaoms chest). It's just the way it is. most everything I have is bought.
Last edited by Xtorma on Jun 26, 2016, 8:49:07 PM
If we don't count uniques, end game rare drops sucks goat balls. 4 years in standard (on and off), and I can count "good, end game rare drops" on one hand. I'm now talking about items you would gladly wear on a high level (>80) character.

But there were a quote from Chris himself some years back, where he more or less stated that good rares aren't supposed to drop. We non-traders have to use ALL our Exalted orbs on something, right? And we all know we have a lot of them. Swimming in them, in fact.

I've settled my mind on the fact that I - as long as I play SSF - will never see a good, end game rare. In 4 years of end game, high tier map farming i haven't seen many. So I doubt I see more of them. It almost seem like rare drops are only meant for the recipe.

But again, I've settled my mind on this a long time ago. It will never change. I guess om sort of OK with that.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
People keep claiming this is a great game. It is not. After level 60 if you don't trade you are dead. Not my definition of great.
This game is all about it's website driven auction house.

Every piece i have accross all of my characters were bought by the luck of others.

The best thing I ever found was a Shavs...and that was sold to me by Perandus.

2.5K hours.
"
Xtorma wrote:
You can look at my hours played, and my stash, and you will see that this league was the first time I ever got a drop worth gasping over(kaoms chest). It's just the way it is. most everything I have is bought.

I played since beta with over 8000 hours and my koams came from trading.
My shavs came from trading, my acuties came from trading, my headhunter came from trading I am seriously trying to think of a T1 drop that I got but I really cant think of any... unless you count a single piece of brittled...

I think the best drop I got was a single eternal orb which I was ripped off and sold for 3ex (when eternal orbs first came out).

If you want to really work on your gear via drops D3 is 100 times of a better game than PoE.

PoE is for us traders and younger generations with instant gratification.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Stalkst3r wrote:
It seems unless your trading up currency/snagging items from newer players the game is not worth it unless you can play for 6-10hr's a day.

not neccessarily, but with just 3 hours a day you have to keep your expectations low, that's the hardest part while seeing streamers and forum posts which do your weekly progress in a day.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I'm satisfied with rare drops. Rares are doable self-found. Usually a build will revolve around a unique weapon or unique chest, or both, the rest are rares which only job is to fill in the gaps in defenses / stats.

I did buy a bunch of unique items, but I don't remember ever buying a rare piece...

"1 chaos WTS" rares that are just fine to play at 90+

Spoiler
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
vio wrote:
not neccessarily, but with just 3 hours a day you have to keep your expectations low, that's the hardest part while seeing streamers and forum posts which do your weekly progress in a day.

I guess you#re right. If you don't have the time and / or motivation to play more than a few hours a day, keep your expectations low. If you get to mid-tier maps with this playstyle, be happy. At least, that's my experience.
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
"
LOOZING wrote:
After level 60 if you don't trade you are dead.

Really? Then how have I made it to 89.92 in prophecy with only my own drops and crafting? I'll get the level 90 challenge tonight.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info