Just me or trading pushes game to far for non-uh ya..

"
databeaver wrote:
Really? Then how have I made it to 89.92 in prophecy with only my own drops and crafting? I'll get the level 90 challenge tonight.

I'd like to see your build and gear.
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
Last edited by Thyrandor on Jun 27, 2016, 4:51:52 AM
"
Thyrandor wrote:
"
databeaver wrote:
Really? Then how have I made it to 89.92 in prophecy with only my own drops and crafting? I'll get the level 90 challenge tonight.

Not hard at all. Just takes longer then buying. I buy stuff , but only because I believe that is why the currency drops. Crafting with it seems really dumb to me.
"
Thyrandor wrote:

Items

I've spent something like 50-60 chaos on rolling the items. Chest was 5-linked with the jeweler's touch prophecy. There's likely a lot of room to improvement and I certainly don't clear T12+ maps in five minutes, but very few things present any serious danger to me. I'm only just getting to red maps so haven't done many of them yet.
trade or not trade. if this is the question then the elders have spoken. it is your choice.

choose your path to success. wraeclast needs you
Last edited by SilentStorm625 on Jun 27, 2016, 9:24:31 AM
It has to be hard to get items worth trading, or people would stop trading them. Duh.
"
databeaver wrote:

I've spent something like 50-60 chaos on rolling the items. Chest was 5-linked with the jeweler's touch prophecy. There's likely a lot of room to improvement and I certainly don't clear T12+ maps in five minutes, but very few things present any serious danger to me. I'm only just getting to red maps so haven't done many of them yet.

Ah yes Totems.

I can't for the life of me play builds that are fire-and-forget. I tried flame totems 3 or 4 leagues ago and couldn't believe how boring it was.

not too bad for self found.

I did self found ED/Contagion as my first character this season. (super easy with Scion because you don't need uber ascendancy).

There are some good builds you can do that don't require any real gear at all.
Yes, self found builds are possible.
But it would be nice, if rares get a little update.

As it is right now, it is really boring. If you want to bring your build to the next level you have to trade massively. I can count the good rares I found and used for my builds on one hand. Most of the time they are vendor trash.

I have come to the point where I mostly do the unid recipe.

It would be nice if you could use the loot you find by yourself more. One first step in the right direction would be to eliminate the low level bases from maps beyond their ilevel, but you know economy...
"
Ah yes Totems.

Indeed. I've been wanting to try an ancestral bond build for a while and the new league provided the perfect excuse for it. I don't find it too boring; stuff generally dies fast enough that I can keep moving. In fact the build has a rather nice laid back playstyle where I can pick up loot while my totems destroy things.

I've found a soul mantle as well, but I'm not sure if it's worth the downsides. I'd lose a third of my armour and the curses could potentially be dangerous. I'll have to experiment with some of the ways to mitigate the effects.
Except for one or two uniques that are essential for particular builds I always stick to self found. The Prophecy league definitely has worse item drops and crafting outcomes than previous leagues because by level 65 I'm always 100+ % to all elemental resistances in Merciless, at the moment I'm below 50%.

I haven't played much Standard league since 2.3 so I don't know what it's like there.

I've started a Standard Hardcore character and find it's much the same as Softcore Prophecy. So I have to grind like heck and way over-level for each area to stay alive. Before I move on I'm usually 5 to 7 levels above the areas.

I find that I simply have very little in the way of crafting orbs because they just produce useless crap. I can understand that there may have been a need for a nerf because sometimes I was able to get 150+ % resists by Cruel but what's been done is a little over the top.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Dr Who (Tom Baker, 1976).
Last edited by Elcardil on Jun 27, 2016, 9:17:46 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing fewer uniques. Even after one week in prophecy, nearly all uniques in the game have 99+ listings on xyz. Jewels were the worst offender previously in standard. For me, unique jewels dropped more than anything else. There are so many yet all but a couple are worthless as far as value is concerned. Most uniques are the same though. 95% of them sell for a chaos. I'd rather have a rare item drop, theres a better chance of getting something of value that way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info