What skills/spells are considered to be a "Buff"?

Ah, that isn't very intuitive at all, I thought the buff it gives is what would do the damage when you block. I am disappointed.
"
Ah, that isn't very intuitive at all, I thought the buff it gives is what would do the damage when you block. I am disappointed.
Buffs can't do damage.
A buff is just a thing which is put on a player/monster and changes it's stats. A buff can't do something like react to you blocking and dealing damage out, the skill has to do that.
There's simply no other way for it to work.
Ah, I guess the issue then is what I think of a buff versus what the game does/can do as a buff. I'll keep that in mind.
Ok the buff effect nodes can't give me more damage...but why don't Tempest Shield and Molten Shell don't get any change at all?

The blockchance of Tempest Shield could go up to 10,6% and the armor given by Molten Shell could get increased too by 6%
"
Btah wrote:
Ok the buff effect nodes can't give me more damage...but why don't Tempest Shield and Molten Shell don't get any change at all?

The blockchance of Tempest Shield could go up to 10,6% and the armor given by Molten Shell could get increased too by 6%

It did indead increase the block chance of tempest shield to 13%, last i tested with 3 buff effect nodes right next to templar
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
"
Btah wrote:

Both those things are affect by buff effect passives.
hmm...odd...I extra made screenshots on my witch with one 6% passive at templar and compare them with screenshot on another char...the tooltips stay the same (except damage because of course since both chars had different spell damage values)...ok perhaps 10,6% of Tempest Shiled could get rounded down to 10% if it is only shown as integer...but the extra armor of Molten Shell was 224 for both too, that should be 237 with 6% on top
"
Btah wrote:
hmm...odd...I extra made screenshots on my witch with one 6% passive at templar and compare them with screenshot on another char...the tooltips stay the same (except damage because of course since both chars had different spell damage values)...ok perhaps 10,6% of Tempest Shiled could get rounded down to 10% if it is only shown as integer...but the extra armor of Molten Shell was 224 for both too, that should be 237 with 6% on top
The tooltips don't change because those stats aren't changing what the skill does, they're increasing how much benefit you get from the buff. The Molten shell still puts a 224% armour buff on you which is what the tooltip shows, but because of the passive your character ends up getting extra armour from having that buff. You should be able to see it by watching the armour rating in the character screen.
Very unintuitive I guess since the increased buff duration nodes change the tooltip ;)
Hi, i have trouble with this too and its confusing me. At first, i thought i have wasted some points due a bug. Because no changes where visible.

The 3 nodes near the Templar increse the Buff Effect by 30%.
They say:"X% increased Effect of Buffs You cast".
If i read this, i think: "Hey nice, all my Buff Skills get stronger by 30%.(if it is increaseable ofc, bool vs interger you know)

If i use my Tempest Shield, the Values in the Tooltip dont change. To see the result of these 3 nodes i have to calc it by myself by looking at the defense screen and compare the blockchance befor and after the skill is used. Usualy i just look at the tooltip to see what the skill does.

If i use my Molten Shell, its the same. Only the Armor is affected by those 3 nodes. To see the result same process like Tempest Shield.

The duration is not effected as i thought. But after reading more into all skilleffects, there is allready an Increse Duration Effect.

Also the damage is not effected, i think its the same like the duration, there are allready +Dmg Effects.

Here is something to compare and why its confusing me.

The Support Gem Increased Duration is showed in the tooltip. (10sec Molten Shell is now 15sec Molten Shell)
The Support Gem Incresed Meleedmg is showed in the tooltip. (Tested with Leap Slam)
Passive Skillpoints like +Elementaldmg is showed

The problem is, as a player like me befor reading deaper, you dont see any change by these 30%.

Suggested Solution:

a) clearly update to the tooltips, both, passive tree and skills
b) rebalance so it "effect all effects"

ps. if the damage is increased too, there is no way to see it because no tooltip changes, confusing isn't it? :P

English is my third language, there will be bugs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info