New Microtransaction Skins!

"
Hruthgard wrote:
Sorry GGG, but these stuff looks terrible, it would fit right into D3 but not into PoE in terms of style and atmosphere. Especially the axe and the shield look like they were directly imported from D3...don't go down this road any further. Please.

This
"
Cr4v3n wrote:
I think they don't fit the style of PoE so far.
They're too cartoonish IMO, with those horns and glowing eyes.

and this!

While D3 (and other Blizzard games) look good in general, I really don't like the art style Blizzard uses since Warcraft 3 (cartoonish).

Most of the time I really feel like I rather want to apply base skins instead of mtx effects because they look a lot more thematical, realistic and more serious. Unfortunately they are one-use MTX, so I often just apply actual MTX armour skins.

Those new skins really have a different art style than poe in general has, it doesn't fit and even the proportions/scale seem to be a bit off (maybe just style from the cartoonish art-type).

I really want PoE to stay a serious, adult ARPG. But it seems to drift to a more casual style more often than not.
Last edited by daish0 on Jun 24, 2016, 3:13:44 AM
this is the first time i regret there is no "down-vote" button here. shield is somewhat OK, but everything else...

ps: inb4 unicorns and pony in wraeclast
the shield looks kind of fitting but all other skins are somewhat "out of poe" style i can't really find the right words to describe it.

i'm sure asian mmo style stuff is liked by the communities there but let them invade the main game isn't a good idea.

i'm disappointed about this decision.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Mojo907 wrote:
"
Cr4v3n wrote:
I think they don't fit the style of PoE so far.
They're too cartoonish IMO, with those horns and glowing eyes.

Glowing eyes, and horns are part of many of GGG's MTX models...

The difference between Path Of Exile art and say, World Of Warcraft art, is nearly palpable.

Notice he said *style*, and wasn't arguing against the validity of the concepts.

Also

"
Recently our Thai community (on the Garena servers) designed some new microtransactions as part of a promotion they were running. Today we're releasing these skins to our community too!
Nice shield and helm and im going need some loan....
That's a big shield.
"
emil9513 wrote:
Wow GGG you guys have really lost your edge... its not gritty and cool anymore, just like any other mmo gear/weapon.

my first thought exactly, the mtx skins just doesnt say Path of Exile to me. It's one of the reasons why I play solo, cant stand looking at everyones glowing character skins and wings...
Does not fit at all into the game...
"
Jaille wrote:
That's a big shield.

U U
U U

"
Eshu wrote:
I don't want to be a jerk but... Was the creative team drunk or something? These are hideous....(especially ridiculous to put such a price tag on such ugly things. Really whoever buys them even for the third of this price has more money than taste)
GGG didn't design these, L2ReadingComprehension
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Dizrupt on Jun 24, 2016, 4:20:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info