PETITION: Reducing the severity of the exp penalty.

Just let me know what chocolates guys in New Zealand like, and I'll have some sent over, if the exp penalty is lessened.
Now I'm resorting to bribery.

I hope offering chocolates to GGG doesn't break codes of gaming practice. :p

Turnip
To be fair, based on the trends I saw in the 2-week league, the exp penalty really should've been implemented very fundamentally *differently* than how it was. The idea that it's apparently (haven't tested myself) impacting level 92 characters running t14 maps as much as level 99 characters continuing to chain gorge is kind of embarrassing and totally fails to accomplish the apparent goal of encouraging higher-level map play.
Last edited by codetaku on Jun 24, 2016, 11:00:22 AM
"
To be fair, based on the trends I saw in the 2-week league, the exp penalty really should've been implemented very fundamentally *differently* than how it was. The idea that it's apparently (haven't tested myself) impacting level 92 characters running t14 maps as much as level 99 characters continuing to chain gorge is kind of embarrassing and totally fails to accomplish the apparent goal of encouraging higher-level map play.

+1
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I hope GGG responds to all this, as it has been said SO many times; th exp penalty is NOT hurting the superman and streamers
only the average guys like me who wants to get there.

Even if it was slightly less harsh it would help.

Turnip
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
what is the drink of choice in New Zealand? Besides the tears of POE players, that is. :D

If you want a stock-standard gift, buy them some Lindauer and Roses Chocolates.

Or if your tastes run a little wilder, you can't really go wrong with a dozen Monteith's or some other other cheap-but-fancy-ish beer.

And if you really want to impress - get them a 6 pack of Tui! (Yeah Right...)

I'd be happy to do all of the above: an interestting and informative post

Turnip
Agreed with much of what is said here.

Exp nerf came due to ascendancy class power creeps (I think). Previous major update we were all power houses grinding the levels, enjoying wrecking everything and the pace felt rewarding. Now my char is a weakling if i try to grind at the same penalty (+2 to 3 map levels from before). Not to mention I still haven't unlocked end game lab (5/6 trials discovered) -> which may have played a huge role in feeling the need to implement new exp penalty curve in the first place.

Solution:
Adjust exp curve such that the penalty is far less (barely noticeable-more like previous update) for a wider range of levels but quickly ramps up to the 1% limit when char level far exceeds map/area level (more noticeable -> similar to live version).

Slowing the pace from lvl 95 to 100 is one thing (if all the player chose to do is magic rolled gorge), but just getting to lvl 90 feels brutal now (granted as stated b4, we were power houses not long ago).

Another solution I saw before would be to increase the drop rate of higher level maps; but I feel that would impact the economy of map sellers too much and dwarf the value of Zana (again). I do enjoy the fact that if I want to reach/maintain high level maps, I have to get crazy rolls on my map and take the risk of running rough rolls to save currency.

Petition Signed
Last edited by CryingGods on Jun 24, 2016, 2:28:40 PM
I Think i'm up with the first suggestion.
Increasing map drops isn't the solution imo.

Adjusting the penalty to be more extreme on lower level maps compared to your character level
is what's desperately needed:

Ie nerfing a 98 player going gorges, but FFS not making a t11 50% of the exp we had before, it's just absurd.

Thanks for you comments tho - great post

Turnip

"
Deadpeng wrote:
Why not just change your build if you want to reach level 100 so badly? There are plenty of ways than just grinding on safe maps and finally dying due to one misfortune. The new experience system is something to blame on, but there are things you can change yourself.

So says the guy who was at 99.50% before the nerf. Start another character from scratch with the new exp system, get them to 100 and then we'll talk. :D

My character is mostly deathless when I play her correctly...I just don't have the patience to go for more levels past 97 nor a good pool of red maps to help me get there. If it was easier to build up red maps I'd probably go for one more...but I'm kind of burnt out on the idea for the moment anyway.

Then again I'm feeling the same about the new league (yawn) so maybe I'm just burnt out on POE in general...zzz

"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Why not just change your build if you want to reach level 100 so badly? There are plenty of ways than just grinding on safe maps and finally dying due to one misfortune. The new experience system is something to blame on, but there are things you can change yourself.

So says the guy who was at 99.50% before the nerf. Start another character from scratch with the new exp system, get them to 100 and then we'll talk. :D

My character is mostly deathless when I play her correctly...I just don't have the patience to go for more levels past 97 nor a good pool of red maps to help me get there. If it was easier to build up red maps I'd probably go for one more...but I'm kind of burnt out on the idea for the moment anyway.

Then again I'm feeling the same about the new league (yawn) so maybe I'm just burnt out on POE in general...zzz

Every time I play a league, I'm amazed with how easy it is to maintain red maps.... You should be rolling in chaos by the time you can run red maps safely, so just chain pack size + high IIQ + rampage....
Last edited by codetaku on Jun 24, 2016, 9:50:36 PM
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:

I would not aim for level 100 to begin with in the new exp system. Since he chooses to aim for 100, then he has to do something extremely different.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info