Why was my thread moved?

"
Unknown_User wrote:
If my thread warranted being moved because it was, in fact, a "feedback or suggestion", I think there are at least 4 posts on the front page alone that would patently qualify as "feedback" or "suggestion".

There are no feedback threads in GD.
Most of GD is, as noted above, excrement flinging and howling.
Your thread that got moved is good feedback.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
So this is more about you than about the game. Got it.

I lold
IGN:Flickfrap
Thread getting moved here is roughly the same as getting downvoted on reddit.
It baiscally makes your thread invisible.
Seeing that GGG is a fan of reddit. I am not surprised.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
If downvoting on reddit moves posts to a place where people still read the posts, but many of those people are actually interested in the content of the post instead of mostly being trolls, then yes it is exactly like being downvoted in reddit.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
It's not only you. Every thread I make in general discussion gets moved somewhere else, while other threads that fall under the reason that my thread was moved stay in general.

The mods are biased and they don't reply to PMs.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
"
Timewar9 wrote:
It's not only you. Every thread I make in general discussion gets moved somewhere else, while other threads that fall under the reason that my thread was moved stay in general.

So, the mods don't catch all of the threads that are in the wrong forums, and also don't reply to your PMs. It could be because they are biased, sure. The mods know who you are, and they have it in for you. They've got a photo of Timewar9 on their dartboard and every time they move a thread of yours, they get to throw a dart at it.

But have you considered other explanations as well? If you think about it properly you'll realise there are a number of other, more likely explanations.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jun 22, 2016, 3:11:26 AM
"
Unknown_User wrote:
I posted a thread about XP that got moved to the Feedback and Suggestions forum. Annoying at best, given the traffic here vs. there. If my thread got moved there, then I'd think 90% of the posts here could be moved there. My intent was to provide discussion.

This is probably the first time I've felt like GGG was actively trying to stifle discourse. This is a fundamentally bad step in the wrong direction.

Also, i guess I need to post to reddit to engage the community? Again, not sure that's a good thing.

I have sent you a PM about this :)
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Timewar9 wrote:

So, the mods don't catch all of the threads that are in the wrong forums, and also don't reply to your PMs. It could be because they are biased, sure. The mods know who you are, and they have it in for you. They've got a photo of Timewar9 on their dartboard and every time they move a thread of yours, they get to throw a dart at it.

But have you considered other explanations as well? If you think about it properly you'll realise there are a number of other, more likely explanations.

Naw you have it backwards. I meant they are biased in favor of some people not against some people. So they don't bother moving certain people's threads while treating everyone else differently.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
"
Unknown_User wrote:
I posted a thread about XP that got moved to the Feedback and Suggestions forum. Annoying at best, given the traffic here vs. there. If my thread got moved there, then I'd think 90% of the posts here could be moved there. My intent was to provide discussion.

This is probably the first time I've felt like GGG was actively trying to stifle discourse. This is a fundamentally bad step in the wrong direction.

Also, i guess I need to post to reddit to engage the community? Again, not sure that's a good thing.
It's the mods favorite pastime. They have to show they are doing something or god forbid, there would be no use for mods.
"
Timewar9 wrote:
Naw you have it backwards. I meant they are biased in favor of some people not against some people. So they don't bother moving certain people's threads while treating everyone else differently.

Nah, my threads get moved just fine and I'm positive they simply adore me over there.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info