Why do people get so excited over sports?

I really don't understand it. The Cavaliers won the NBA title in the US and everyone in Cleveland goes bonkers, rioting in the streets, setting of fire works, celebrating and generally acting crazy.

It's not like the Cavs will share their winnings with other people or something.

Why all the excitement?
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
Last bumped on Jun 30, 2016, 9:38:24 AM
it's fun rooting for your team and wishing death to the opponents. Competition is fun. Twitch and video games competition are popular for the same reasons.
Fucking warriors. They choked down the stretch. As much as I hate lebron he deserved to win with the way they played. Should have been okc.

Really looking forward to the timberwolves next season and every year lebron gets a little older so hopefully someday soon I won't have to watch him make it to the finals...

/rant

but yeah it gets me excited
Because people feel like they belong to a group and when their group wins they're happy.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
The Cavs did bring the city the first championship in over 50 years in all of major sports.

The Browns has been irrelevant for nearly three decades and the Indians has been bouncing around a lot, so the Cavaliers bringing in the title to town is massive.

Edit: With this victory, Lebron's legacy magnified that he is no doubt top 5, and possibly (there will be debates of whether or not he is) top 3 all time.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jun 20, 2016, 6:01:02 PM
It was a massive season, Kobe retiring and Laker's not making the play offs (this hurts me), Golden State Warriors set a new record 73 wins in the regular season, Cav's came back hard from a 3-1 loss and pushed it to game 7. Kyrie clutch 3 point shot was amazing, and as JohnNamikaze mentioned first championship in 50+ years.

A lot to celebrate this season.

Edit: Also Lebron said he'll bring back the championships for the Cav's and he delivered.
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Jun 20, 2016, 6:05:01 PM
No idea why they get so exited but I do understand their enjoyment of sports. I personally watch LoL E-Sports, but people don't get nearly as uppity upon win/loss of their teams in my experience.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
People fall into three general categories:
1. Those who'd rather watch Twitch than sports.
2. Those who aren't aware professional Korean StarCraft exists.
3. People who want to be brain-dead jocks.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I don't think your groups are mutually exclusive xD.

source: Rick Fox and Shaquille O'neal own esports orgs
Hey...is this thing on?
you need to celebrate things in this life for escaping of this reality, exile
my english sux.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info