[2.3] Explosive Arrow Elementalist Witch [PSC] RETIRED

Build is retired I am using pathfinder atm

Intro:
Has probably the fastest clear speed I have ever played, I clear as fast as I can run.
Is most definitely hardcore friendly could even build tankier than I did for overkill if you need.

Basic idea was to make an ignite and AOE based explosive arrow build whilst still maintaining a solid defence for all content.

Very capable atziri runner, and uber lab is a cake walk can do the lab with any amount of buffs on izaro and still laugh my way to the bank.

Gameplay Videos:

Levelling:
Do not level as explosive arrow it doesn't work well at all!
Use Firestorm until 28, then use flameblast (available after completing act 3) up till 60.

Always level an explosive arrow gem, a Level 1 gem does literally no damage all damage scales from gem level.

Make sure you rush towards blood magic keystone the skill consumes an amazing amount of mana making it near impossible to sustain without blood magic

Reflect:
Reflect on single mobs is fine even in a 6 stack party but is very sketchy with map wide reflect even with a Sibyl's lament.

Paragon of Calamity deals with reflect quite easily "40% reduced reflect damage taken", it is quite powerful trivialises reflect without it I can 1 shot myself on single mob reflect so is a priority to grab ASAP.

Stats:
Spoiler

There are a few defensive layers to this build I make use of rearguard which provides block chance close to that of a shield and has around 400 armour, I would say don't look further for a better quiver. Bloodgrip which I mention in the gear section is insane for flask healing.

Defense:
Spoiler

armour 8100 -> can be alot more with armour on belt, boots and gloves
I have 28k armour on a well rolled granite.

Offense:
Spoiler

Gem Links:
In order or priority

Explosive arrow -> Greater multiple projectiles -> fire penetration -> less duration -> slower projectiles -> increased area of effect

Passive:
Why would did I take Elemental Overload (saw some people use resolute technique), it is completely pointless now that Elemental Overload exists we grab some 2 node cost accuracy for a little help and need accuracy on gloves and on a ring it is not that much to pay for 40% multiplier, it also removes crit multiplier making it safe to crit on a reflect mob since the initial hit will not do bonus damage. I have tweaked the build quite a bit and min maxed it but if anyone has a potential upgrade I would be happy to know.

Spoiler

Level 93~ Passive
Passive Link

Level 60~ Passive
Passive Link

Level 30~ Passive
Passive Link

Bandits:
Oak - Kraitlyn - Passive/Oak (I think an extra charge is quite nice for 1 node cost)

Ascendency Points:
In Order of importance
Shaper of desolation -> Beacon of ruin -> Paragon of calamity -> Liege of the primordial

Gear:
Make sure you get accuracy on gloves and a ring or your chance to hit will be really low.

Essence worm provides determination, usefull to get a decent amount of armour
8-9k dependent on gear I ripped my decent armour gloves to a bad vaal.

About 30k with a well rolled granite flask.

The Bloodgrip amulet in my opinion is fantastic, combined with Juggernaut passive node we get a lot of heal from flasks on a build with little or no leech I find it essential especially after getting kaoms where healing a large hp pool can be underwhelming without buffed flasks. I can out heal most bosses right in their faces that is the power of this amulet, I would much rather have this amulet over one with life res or a bit of fire damage.

Can swap Essence Worm for resists ring on elemental weakness maps if you are not overcapped otherwise a volatile or bearers clipping you could kill you.

Example Gear:
Spoiler

Flasks:
Spoiler

Please take the time to read this literally the only reason to play a life based builds besides armor in some cases is because of how strong HP flasks can be.

The best flask setup is personal choice however mods on hp flasks are important
Blood magic builds have no mana so Sapping Mod on HP flasks are the strongest duration heals 8k is healed over 7 seconds on an eternal flask on a bloodgrip ignoring juggernaut passive and I use a Divine flask with instant heal in a nasty situation or spike damage its insane to be right back at full hp after to pots and still have the regen to supplement this.

Rumis Concoction has great synergy with rearguard has decent armour and block making you a block tank because down time is nearly zero with this clear speed.

Taste of Hate Saphire: Meh sell it rather

Basalt: is pretty good

Granite flask: with xx% rolled armour

Silver flask: Move speed and attack speed in 1 flask with 6 second duration without duration mods is very nice.

Quicksilver: of adrenaline is my favorite.

My Lineup: Divine HP (instant + remove freeze), Eternal Sapping (remove bleed),
Quicksilver (adrenaline), Silver flask (duration + remove bleed) , (rumis or granite flask)

Alternate gear:
I used a 6L Astral Plate until my bow was 6L'ed and I was very happy with that setup.

Jewels:
Spoiler

Try get life with two other mods

Increased Maximum Life
Fire Damage
Projectile Damage
Area Damage

Uber Labyrinth:
It is a cake walk, complete faceroll with my setup I can do Izaro without a body armour.
General Strategy is simple precast frostwalls as he surfaces then spam the walls cast your enduring cry every now and then, cast frost walls in his path and spam shouldn't take long at all be sure to check the wiki on Izaro's buffs he gets, only the Machines which grant charges are dangerous when he is at max charges. I just blink arrow and kite him I can easily kill him without flask use with some mobile playstyle I can tank the big damage hits he deals, if you get hit pop a flask and no issues.

Grand Spectrum Passive:
Spoiler

DONT USE THIS UNTIL YOU HAVE KAOMS AND GG GEAR INCLUDING THE GRAND SPECTRUMS

It is a lot less life I am at 6,6k life at Level 93 with a few levels i could reach over 7k again.
The damage with spectrums is amazing pushes this build over the top (great for carrying parties) running gimp maps like enfeeble/80% fire res.

Maths: The normal tree has ~310% damage (area,elemental,fire)
with 13 Grand Spectrum Veridian Jewels

13*13*5=845 + 50 area damage = 895% elemental damage it is more than double the damage, if you feel like taking things over the top and you have the currency to upgrade.

Passive Link

Magic Finder Passive:
Spoiler

Heavy focus on resistance from tree, because I run dsal Andvarius and still wish to cap resistances.
Gems I use a Standard 5L setup without AOE gem because I make use of Intuitive Leap Veridian to grab 10% AOE by Scion life regeneration and I use Item Rarity Gem as 6th link.

Passive Link

Corrupt Gear Options:
Spoiler

Amulet: +1 curse / fire leech / attack speed / movespeed

Belt: Radius / Endurance charge

Chest: vaaling kaoms is nasty affair but its your money :)
+1 max res -> rest are shit imo.

Quiver: +1 arrow / fire leech

Rings: not worth it

Helm: not worth it enchants are better
Boots: enchants are better

Gloves: any curse would be nice but ele weakness on hit is cheese, enchants dont seem worth the effort.

Bow: +1 Arrow / Culling Strike

Since this build uses a lot of cheap uniques as options you can easily afford to try go for GG corrupt gear if you are a completionist like I am.

Radius Corruption is nice too for clear speed combined with an enchant could even drop the AOE gem entirely flexible i prefer to squeeze AOE to the max for amulet fire leech or +1 curse i prefer curse i have curse on hit gloves and Cast when damage taken enfeeble is nice for min max.

Getting +1 Arrow is huge boost to clear speed and single target but its not cheap to use vorici to 6L a bow is about ~43 exa in total if you 6s and 6L and try find a cheap quill rain quivers are a lot easier to get an extra arrow.

I spent a lot of money on my standard characters IGN: blahsadas_s and oppai_dragon if youre interested to see what im fiddling with.

examples:

Questions:
Please do not pm me in game, I prefer you write me a message on the forums or here in the thread ty.
view-thread/1694128 Explosive Arrow 2.4 Pathfinder STD League
view-thread/1765907 CI Claw Reave Assassin 2.4 Endgame STD League
GMT +2
Last edited by Misaka_Railgun_Mikoto on Sep 18, 2016, 3:30:16 PM
Last bumped on Sep 19, 2016, 2:21:59 AM
Hi, i thinking about respec my witch lvl 91 currently, gonna buy kaoms and got 93% quill rain but 5l only(i just throw away inc aoe gem until 6l bow). And what about bandit reward choice?
I have 40 life - passive - and endu charge right now.
Updated with bandits, thanks for mention was an oversight.
GMT +2
Updated: added grand spectrum passive tree if anyone is interested as well as levelling trees and info color coded things for easier reading.
GMT +2
posted some gameplay videos!
GMT +2
What do you mean, you can do Uber Izaro without a chest? You mean 1 key only? Or can this do 4+ key uber lab?

EDIT: nvm just read top of the build guide. Only saw uber lab stuff at bottom and didn't understand it.
Last edited by gato8344 on Jul 24, 2016, 11:46:00 PM
Hi mate, just wanna bump your build with grand spectrum, just amazing
here is my stuff

BEST Defensive Hubris mirror service : /view-thread/1868006
"
Frysk wrote:
Hi mate, just wanna bump your build with grand spectrum, just amazing
here is my stuff

Sick gear I have my spectrums in Prophecy waiting for migration so I can supplement it with a legacy kaoms and +1 quill, but a headhunter must be quite something :DD Im thinking of trying acrobatics since pathing to the right doesn't matter much with spectrums as long as there is jewel sockets might drop a single spectrum go for atziris step similiar to the way the pvp guys like to build further testing needed :)
GMT +2
hi, did u try aziri / uber aziri on this build? is it possible?

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747
"
trashs1 wrote:
hi, did u try aziri / uber aziri on this build? is it possible?

Atziri is a cake walk just make sure when she enters split phase you face the opposite way to the clone carrying the mirror pop frostwalls (vaal lightning trap) -> free 50% more damage boost i cant 1 shot them in atziri, uber atziri i need a few spams of explosive arrow unless im using grand spectrums then its a 1 shot.

TLDR: Atziri is a joke even with poor dodge skills Uber needs sick gear or skill to do.
GMT +2

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info