[2.4 HC | Video Guide] VORTEX Elementalist/Chieftain build | Iron Will | Righteous Fire

"
enliveddm wrote:
why not Chieftain? he looks better than Elementalist

Would be my second choice, didn't tried it out yet. But i wouldn't say its "better"...
I took the elementalist because I like the fact to have Elemental Conflux and Proliferate.
Also Pendulum of Destruction fits in really well in this kind of build.
Cool idea. I haven't read through it completely yet, but I like the idea.

I'm pretty sure that rapid decay doesn't work with RF because there is no timer "tag" on it. Better to use elemental overload. Just my 2 cents.
ign crixus_sabr
Last edited by litesabr on Jul 2, 2016, 10:47:38 PM
"
litesabr wrote:
Cool idea. I haven't read through it completely yet, but I like the idea.

I'm pretty sure that rapid decay doesn't work with RF because there is no timer "tag" on it. Better to use elemental overload. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks man, you are very right!
What would be the best armor to replace tabula, once you reach end game ?

Carcass Jack maybe ?
"
rks1 wrote:
What would be the best armor to replace tabula, once you reach end game ?

Carcass Jack maybe ?

In genereal I'd say Lightning Coil is the best option.
How do you do for damage in -max, half regen, no regen etc maps when you're not running Righteous Fire? Always been offputting for me to run RF because of those map mods.
Last edited by dandan88 on Jul 17, 2016, 6:42:27 PM
Looks like a fun build man thanks for sharing! I just ripped my HCP elementalist and I'm levelling something similar to this in its place. I have a couple of questions regarding your links since I've not played an RF character before:

1. Why increased burning damage on RF and not fire penetration? I always operated under the assumption that fire pen gives the best damage output for fire skills in general. Something to do with the 'inc. burning damage' on Pyre?

2. Why no fire pen on anything? again, I would have thought that fire pen in place of Added cold in the tabula would lead to a higher damage output Vortex.

3. If you have 2 free links in your helm, why is RF not on a 4 link?

4. If all of your damage is converted to fire anyway, why use Ele weakness and not Flammability?

5. If you have 2 free links and youre not running RF in a 4 link, surely blasphemy doesnt need to be attached to faster casting necessitating less mana reservation?

Any light you could shed on this would be a great help,

Thanks!

TLM

Edit: As an additional thought; It's not exactly thematic with the build but have you considered replacing the single target Vortex with a Flame totem? It allows significant 'fire and forget' single target dps while still casting your large area Vortex with chill ailment. On top of that it allows a higher element of safety against huge hitting single target bosses and works fantastically with Iron Will. Thoughts?
Last edited by TurgidLeafMan on Jul 24, 2016, 11:04:35 AM
"
TurgidLeafMan wrote:
Looks like a fun build man thanks for sharing! I just ripped my HCP elementalist and I'm levelling something similar to this in its place. I have a couple of questions regarding your links since I've not played an RF character before:

1. Why increased burning damage on RF and not fire penetration? I always operated under the assumption that fire pen gives the best damage output for fire skills in general. Something to do with the 'inc. burning damage' on Pyre?

2. Why no fire pen on anything? again, I would have thought that fire pen in place of Added cold in the tabula would lead to a higher damage output Vortex.

3. If you have 2 free links in your helm, why is RF not on a 4 link?

4. If all of your damage is converted to fire anyway, why use Ele weakness and not Flammability?

5. If you have 2 free links and youre not running RF in a 4 link, surely blasphemy doesnt need to be attached to faster casting necessitating less mana reservation?

Any light you could shed on this would be a great help,

Thanks!

TLM

Edit: As an additional thought; It's not exactly thematic with the build but have you considered replacing the single target Vortex with a Flame totem? It allows significant 'fire and forget' single target dps while still casting your large area Vortex with chill ailment. On top of that it allows a higher element of safety against huge hitting single target bosses and works fantastically with Iron Will. Thoughts?

I can assume the following:
1 to replace the rapid decay for fire penetration and protest
Vortex 2 is 2 damage, first - fire, but the second is a gradual cold, so it is good stone to increase frost damage. This is probably why there is a stone - curse Ele weakness
3 in the head alpha a priori is a gem purity of fire, as the +2 to auras. Gem 21 level will be 23 level - that is, a gem will give +5 to maximum fire resistance that is very necessary when playing via RF.
5 blasphemy will make gem aura curse, and -8% mana reserve will not work
My opinion
Hi i have a question if i try crit build will the socondary damage(DoT) crit or just first hit
why you dmg 20+k? my damage 1.5k .... :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info