Incident Report for 2016-06-09 Downtime

I havent been playing as much poe lately as i used to, but damn these guys gotta be the best developers ive ever witnessed, i seriously hope they dont stop on poe and grow even more and bring us more titles with the same love that lead them to create poe.
IGN - Slayonara
"
MakaveliPT wrote:
I havent been playing as much poe lately as i used to, but damn these guys gotta be the best developers ive ever witnessed, i seriously hope they dont stop on poe and grow even more and bring us more titles with the same love that lead them to create poe.

This. The posted outage report is one of the most impressive and comprehensive I've seen from a game dev team. Bravo GGG.

Can anyone imagine this level of detail, and speed in posting the report, from the likes of Blizzard or Ubisoft?

Thanks GGG, you have my continued support.
"
At 11:00am NZT the administrator realised that the realm would require substantial maintenance to fix, so he shut the realm down fully so that he could work on it.

During the time between 11:00am NZT and 11:15am NZT the administrator worked out a process to redeploy fixed configuration scripts to all the servers in the Path of Exile realm.

At 11:15am NZT he began the process of restoring the Path of Exile realm. At 11:20am NZT the realm was restored and working normally.

Honestly the most exciting (and spastic) moments of that admins life.
Great work in freaking 20 minuites...
It's been said, but I'll say it again; we all accept the apology and appreciate the transparency more than you know!
Last edited by Azraphael on Jun 8, 2016, 10:43:00 PM
When i had the "Buffer Underflow" error, i thought it was a client issue after i lighting warped like crazy in my hideout (from 3l to 4l with rapid decay). Error occured right before my char touches the ground, indefinitely so i alt+f4 but i saw the site was down too and the thread on Reddit.

Anyway, thanks for this kind of insight, always interesting. And the downtime was as always, far from "unacceptable".
As a sysadmin, I really understaind what happened and how it's painful for service. But nevermind, you're doing a great job and you're the only company that could provide information like that.

And shoutout to your admin, looks like he needs some extra beer this weekend :)

P.S. I'm just a bit sad about guyz who died due this downtime =| If I had no buyer that time, I could've been with you.
"
Jonathan wrote:
At 11:00am NZT the administrator realised that the realm would require substantial maintenance to fix, so he shut the realm down fully so that he could work on it.

May I make a suggestion here? If an admin is going to shut down all realms purposely like this, could they please send out a realm-wide warning about it first? Even 15-30 seconds of warning would have been nice and saved me at least 5 minutes of checking sitedown sites, twitter, reddit, etc. It also seems odd that when the server for the online realms goes down that the pathofexile.com domain must also go down. Surely you don't have literally everything related to your company running on 1 server...

Another suggestion, let us quote the OP.. I had to quote the first reply and replace the name and text for this to work for some reason.
Last edited by joe7dust on Jun 8, 2016, 10:53:34 PM
ty for update
I gotta be honest. It was really great timing for me. I really had to pee and I was going to get one more area done first. Thanks for making me do my duty!!!
It itches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mistakes happens :)
Hf :)
Wondering why this message was taken off of main page announcements
XD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info