Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Layent wrote:
Greetings,

Do gems gain experience regardless of the player's level?

I've read that gems gain 10 % of what the player gains. Does this mean that having a lower level yet powerful character is much more efficient at leveling gems?

If player A were to slay a monster and gain 10 exp.
If the same monster slayed by player B only yields 5 exp (because B is much higher level) would that mean the gem also gains less exp?

Thanks for clearing up my confusion!

From the wiki: "Gem experience is not restricted by player level boundaries, so a high level characters might not gain experience from low level enemies, but the gem will continue to gain the 10% it normally would."

For more info, go to http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Skill_gem#Gem_Experience
Last edited by hamudra on Jul 11, 2016, 9:37:10 PM
nice thanks
IGN:Layent
PST(GMT -7:00)
Hey all!

I really need help with a few questions before I loose my sanity. I'm trying to complete my last achivement for PoE which is "All Ears" and act 2 is really frustrating. I'm golden with act 1,3,4 but I feel like Im missing some dialogues in act 2.

I have gone through act 2 once in normal difficulty and I'm currently on 63/77 dialogues. I have used this spreadsheet and manually marked every dialogues as I have gone along:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15FUze6tSobgAqrPhvz9F4Y41twuCEPtFyvywqtCZrto/edit#gid=1612642030

I have all the options for act 2 cruel and merciless left as well as the "blackguards" from Eramir and Silk and "The Darkness" from two bandits which gives: 8+2+2= 12 dialogue options left but still I'm on 63/77 which means 2 dialogue options is missing somewhere. I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me figure out where they have gone. Have some related questions that I have been wondering about:

1. Do the bandits have some initial dialogue when you meet them for the first time? I just remember getting straight to help/kill state?

2. Do I have to go to the bandit I wanna help first before killing anyone or otherwise miss dialogue options?

3. Is it possible to take aid from a friend making other choices to unlock certain dialogue options for me?

4. Am I screwed now that I only have 63/77 all ears for act 2 after completing normal or can I still repair it in cruel and merciless?

5. Is it possible for GGG to do a check on me for act 2 and see if something I marked didn't count?

Any help with this would be so greatly appreciated!

Best regards
SkogsMulle
Follow up question to my previous post.

1. How do I trigger the dialogue options "Blackguards" for Silk and Eramir?

//
SkogsMulls
Last edited by Humlemannen on Jul 12, 2016, 4:06:39 AM
Can you explain why the "Immunity to Curses during Flask effect" mod on flasks does not protect you from curses caused by map mods? It seems very unintuitive, and I don't recall this ever being explained.
Do skills used by strongboxes have a base critical strike chance (i.e. ice nova)?

Are skills used by strongboxes affected by monster damage modifiers (i.e. 20% increased Monster Damage)?

If I vaal orb a box with "Contained Items have 1 additional Socket" will that mod apply before or after the vaal orb rerolls the item's sockets?

Is the "X% increased Quantity of Contained Items" strongbox mod additive or multiplicative with map quantity.

Does the "Contains X additional Items" strongbox mod apply before or after other increases to item quantity.
Last edited by Meridin on Sep 19, 2017, 4:02:46 AM
I'm sorry but... bump.

It's been 11 days since last Mark answer, this thread doesn't appear anymore on gggtracker.com's first page, he's done until the end of page 17... And I'm the very next post. This anxiety is killing me.
I'll try my best to alleviate the anxiety a bit.
"
Visca wrote:

-Is the Romira's Banquet and Herald of Thunder incompatibility intended? (because it is, right? was hard to test, I tested without increased critical strikes supports too).
I THINK I remember hearing that it is intended.

"

-When Herald of Thunder + increased critical strikes crits, does it crit for all the bolts it launches on his duration (6.0 seconds)?

I think crit is rolled per bolt here, but wouldn't it be fairly easy to test? Ger a high crit character, go to The Coast Normal, activate HoT once, then see if you ever get super long crit streaks?

"
-Killing a shocked enemy while herald of thunder is active, augments the time it is active, start a "new" herald of thunder's "rain" (see previous question) or works as other status ailments (active the most powerful but when it expires the weak keeps working).

Hopefully it is a moot point assuming my previous answer is correct. However this is a bit puzzling to me too. Since it is a huff and not a status ailment I am fairly sure it would replace (start a "new").

"
-Herald of Thunder + Increased Critical Strikes + Power charge on crit: How often will it roll for a power charge? every time a bolt falls? only once for the entire duration of the herald of thunder duration (and to be able to get another charge only when there is a moment without herald of thunder active)? Or basically just any of the prior iterations (I'm getting tired of writing just as much as you're of reading).

Power Charge on Crit rolls on every single Hit that is Crit. I am very, very sure about this.

"
-And what are the differences between Herald of Thunder and Blade vortex hits.

I wish I knew. They sound pretty similar to me.

For what it's worth I definitely remember reading Mark_GGG answers to some very similar questions to yours but I can't for the life of me remember where they were posted. Maybe I'll try googling in a bit and see if anything comes up.

"
-Is the Vaal Righteous Fire and Spell Totem incompatibility intended or not?

I think so? Totems can't gain Vaal souls, so they have none to spend? Are other Vaal skills able to be used with Totems? If so, this seems like a breaking of rules.

"
-Does a Jewel socket on the tree count as a passive node?

It should. You have to spend a passive point to obtain it, and when you place a socket in it, it displays the modifiers just like any other passive node when the mouse is in the right position. I'm curious now! Why does this question matter?

"
-If traps can hit, why curse on hit won't work with them?

I don't really like the official logic on this. As you probably know, traps are not You, they are separate entities. This means that Curse on Hit makes them check their gem link up, of which they have none, and find out they don't have any Curses in their link up.

Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
hamudra wrote:
"
SteKrz wrote:
"
SteKrz wrote:

What is the difference between Word/Edict/Decree/Commandment of War (and other glove enchants based on your weapon). Looking at full tooltip I can't see any either.

I've looked through 22 pages after my post and I couldn't find any reply.

Word = Normal
Edict = Cruel
Decree = Merciless
Commandment = Endgame/Uber

There should be different scaling on the enchants, with each difficulty having a higher scaling giving more damage. At least that's how it works for the spell enchants, looking at your pictures there might not be any scaling on the attack enchants, or the scaling is so incredibly low that there's no difference for you.

EDIT: Sorry, I read your post wrong, thought you asked about every glove enchant, not just specifically attack enchants. You should try with a character who has more Weapon Damage though, as the low damage you have might cause it to not make a difference (If you haven't already done that)

I checked on a character with good weapon and decent weapon scaling, and the damage per hit was identical with both gloves. DPS was changing, but it was because of 90% crit multi from FB, so I've chosen char that doesn't benefit from crit multi to better show my point.
Does Melee Damage like in the starting nodes of the Templar also apply to poison from Melee Skills? Similar to Projectile Damage applying to Poison from Projectile Skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info