Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Thascius wrote:
Baeclast mentioned that Delirium monsters would leave no corpses.
Does this effectively kill burn proliferation builds for the duration of the leauge, or will there be a workaround mechanically for the upcoming league?

It is unknown whether all monsters in the Simulacrum will be Delirium ones, but on other maps, Delirium monsters are supposedly in the minority, so the regular ones should be enough to reliably spread ignites and other corpse mechanics.
What are the minimum and maximum thresholds of the new ailments scorch, brittle and sap? How much % of monster life do i have to hit for lowest / best effect?
Last edited by Benchmark04 on Mar 10, 2020, 12:36:46 PM
pride watchers eye, double damage stat not working?

hi,

i bought a watchers eye with the mod

"12 % chance to deal double damage while using pride"

i tested a couple maps, watching my character sheet with cyclone selected and in the maps as well as in the shaper fight, i couldnt see that my dps numbers doubled? so is that working in another way or is it broken? just wondering, cause it was quite expensive and i was trying out if it works...

or does that have anything to do with pride not being shown as a buff/aura even tho its activated? i got all auras activated and i see every buff top left but not pride, but thats like that since the implementation of pride
"
siMoK wrote:
pride watchers eye, double damage stat not working?

hi,

i bought a watchers eye with the mod

"12 % chance to deal double damage while using pride"

i tested a couple maps, watching my character sheet with cyclone selected and in the maps as well as in the shaper fight, i couldnt see that my dps numbers doubled? so is that working in another way or is it broken? just wondering, cause it was quite expensive and i was trying out if it works...

or does that have anything to do with pride not being shown as a buff/aura even tho its activated? i got all auras activated and i see every buff top left but not pride, but thats like that since the implementation of pride

pride isn't a buff so it's not shown as a buff
your dps isn't going to double unless you have 100% chance to double dmg.
you have 12% chance to double dmg which is 12% more dps and your character sheet doesn't know what's going on, you can ignore it
"

you have 12% chance to double dmg which is 12% more dps and your character sheet doesn't know what's going on, you can ignore it

so theres no visibility in damage numbers.... hm, thats strange i thought i can somehow tell if i have procced the dd, well thx anyways
Can we get the formulas for effectiveness of brittle, sap, and scorch? Would be very useful for planning builds.
"
jimdawg57 wrote:
Can we get the formulas for effectiveness of brittle, sap, and scorch? Would be very useful for planning builds.

I don't see why it wouldn't work just like chill and shock: effect = 0.5 * (dmg/life)^0.4 (for bosses, "life" is replaced with a smaller value called ailment threshold that is still unknown afaik)
capped at:
shock 50%
chill 30%
scorch 30%
sap 20%
brittle 15%
With the most recent patch notes (3.10.0 just posted yesterday), we were informed that "Physical Damage taken as Chaos/Fire/Cold/Lightning modifiers are now mutually exclusive."

I assume this is set in place to prevent stacking this effect from several sources, such as essence crafting + veiled mods.

However, I can't remember if this restriction has also been applied to "25% of Physical Damage converted to Fire/Cold/Lightning damage" on gloves in any previous patches.

Can you get Incursion gloves that convert physical to elemental damage and also add a veiled mod that does the same thing so that you end up with 50% of physical damage converted to an element?

Edit: I would test this out myself, but the league just ended and no one is online from which I might buy Incursion gloves.
Last edited by Shadowstorm on Mar 11, 2020, 7:27:00 AM
"
Shadowstorm wrote:
Can you get Incursion gloves that convert physical to elemental damage and also add a veiled mod that does the same thing so that you end up with 50% of physical damage converted to an element?

found some (in my 85th stash tab), gloves with Topotante's mod (flat cold dmg to atks + 25% phys->cold conversion). I can't craft conversion on it, it says "Item already has a similar modifier"
With the upcoming Spellslinger gem, how will this work with Weave the Arcane, regarding movement skills having no mana cost?

If I'm using Spellslinger to spam Lightning Warp, will a 6 link LW reserve no mana? Or does Weave the Arcane strictly remove the mana cost when a movement skill is manually cast?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info