Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Hello, i would like to know if Impresence Onyx Amulet (physical) should have work with Ancestral Warchief totems. I have it on my build for around 3 days and it never trigger BUT...when i killed Vault Boss my totems and me trigger " Gain Maddening Presence for 10 seconds when you Kill a Rare or Unique Enemy" for the first time.
Also yesterday on map Caerr Blaid i triger it only for myself - with ancestral bond on tree!
This is bug or bug? :)

You are correct that if a monster dies due to a totem hit, that does not count as your hit/kill. This is handy for some situations, like the boot enchant that gives crit chance if you haven't hit recently. The totem is hitting, not you.

I took a quick look at your profile. You have Added fire damage in your Ancestral Warchief skill. If the monster dies to damage over time (ignite) applied by the totem, that will count as your kill*. I suppose that ignite is so bad, that you played for 3 days without a monster dying to ignite.

*The one exception to this is RF totems.
Last edited by i3igpete on Mar 15, 2018, 11:53:04 AM
"
i3igpete wrote:
"
Hello, i would like to know if Impresence Onyx Amulet (physical) should have work with Ancestral Warchief totems. I have it on my build for around 3 days and it never trigger BUT...when i killed Vault Boss my totems and me trigger " Gain Maddening Presence for 10 seconds when you Kill a Rare or Unique Enemy" for the first time.
Also yesterday on map Caerr Blaid i triger it only for myself - with ancestral bond on tree!
This is bug or bug? :)

You are correct that if a monster dies due to a totem hit, that does not count as your hit/kill. This is handy for some situations, like the boot enchant that gives crit chance if you haven't hit recently. The totem is hitting, not you.

I took a quick look at your profile. You have Added fire damage in your Ancestral Warchief skill. If the monster dies to damage over time (ignite) applied by the totem, that will count as your kill*. I suppose that ignite is so bad, that you played for 3 days without a monster dying to ignite.

*The one exception to this is RF totems.

I have full conversion to fire dmg now,i never deal critical strikes and i have ancestral bond. Why whenever my totems kill rare/unique monster i didnt get this Maddening Presence effect? or why my totems didnt get it
Can I get a ruling on how two items interact with minions..?

Does the Redemption unique item Iron Will affect simply mean that all your skills are supported by Iron Will, or does it mean the spells that player casts are supported by Iron Will. Does the mechanic impact minions at all..?

With the unique item, Doon Cuebiyari, does the 1% damage increase interact with minions, or just the player's skills..?
Last edited by davemancke on Mar 15, 2018, 11:22:04 PM
"
Vyvanne wrote:
For Champion's Conqueror ascendency node, it says "Enemies taunted by you deal 10% less damage with hits ." Taunt itself also causes enemies to do 10% less damage. Just to verify, does this stack and give you 20% less damage?

As any "more"/"less" modifier, this stacks multiplicatively. So a taunted enemy dealing 1,000 base damage would deal 1000 * (0.9 * 0.9) = 810 damage.

"
I have full conversion to fire dmg now,i never deal critical strikes and i have ancestral bond. Why whenever my totems kill rare/unique monster i didnt get this Maddening Presence effect? or why my totems didnt get it

You are wearing Impresence, thus if you kill an enemy, you would gain Maddening Presence. Your totems are not wearing the amulet, so if your totems kill anything, they will not gain the buff. (And neither will you of course, because you haven't killed anything.)

Kills specifically by Damage over Time are an exception to this. Anything that dies to damage over time is counted as your kill, regardless of whether the DoT was applied by you, your totems, minions, etc. Thus if your totems ignite an enemy, and the enemy dies to the ignite (not to a direct hit from your totems), you gain Maddening Presence.

"
davemancke wrote:
Can I get a ruling on how two items interact with minions..?

Does the Redemption unique item Iron Will affect simply mean that all your skills are supported by Iron Will, or does it mean the spells that player casts are supported by Iron Will. Does the mechanic impact minions at all..?

With the unique item, Doon Cuebiyari, does the 1% damage increase interact with minions, or just the player's skills..?

The only things that affect your minions in any way are:

* Modifiers that explicitly say "minions" (or "allies"; but not "party members").
* Support gems linked to the minion summoning gem.

Repentance gives you Iron Will. This will not apply to your minions.

The "soceketed gems are supported by level 30 Iron Will" from Doon Cuebiyari counts as a support linked to the minion gem (assuming you socket the minion in Doon of course), and will properly support spells cast by that minion. (Assuming you give your minions some strength; for example using The Baron.)

The increased damage per strength is not either of the above cases, and thus it does not interact with minions at all.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 15, 2018, 11:38:00 PM
Unbound Ailments and Freeze interaction:

Does "increased Effect of non-Damaging Ailments" scale the duration of Freeze, or just the slow amount (100% by default)?

If the former, does it stack additively or multiplicatively with "increased Duration of Ailments"? They're both "increased" modifiers, but technically they do different things.

If the latter, does this have any practical effect at all in PvE? Are there any monsters with reduced effect of ailments on them?
Hi all

The mod of jewel "+3 Energy Shield gained for each Enemy hit by your Attacks" can stack with Ancestral Call? Totalizing, for exemple, +9 ES for each enemy?
Sup people,
Can anyone explain why is my off hand accuracy rating different from my main hand rating (2/3 of main hand acc to be precise)? I'm trying to do a shield throw thing, and I've only picked general accuracy nodes from tree.

"
Laki93 wrote:
Sup people,
Can anyone explain why is my off hand accuracy rating different from my main hand rating (2/3 of main hand acc to be precise)? I'm trying to do a shield throw thing, and I've only picked general accuracy nodes from tree.

Your Prismatic Eclipse in your main hand has a local implicit mod for 40% increased accuracy. It's local only to itself, hence why it's not applying to your offhand.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
"
VictusBcb wrote:

Your Prismatic Eclipse in your main hand has a local implicit mod for 40% increased accuracy. It's local only to itself, hence why it's not applying to your offhand.

Thx, i thought implicit % modifiers were global. What about +# to accuracy implicit/explicit roll on main hand weps ?
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
Does "increased Effect of non-Damaging Ailments" scale the duration of Freeze, or just the slow amount (100% by default)?

The Effect of Freeze is to apply Slow. It'd only be relevant for monsters under an Accel Shrine, I suppose. Grandmasters with Tailwind, eventually in the far future.
"
Higorvilpon wrote:
The mod of jewel "+3 Energy Shield gained for each Enemy hit by your Attacks" can stack with Ancestral Call? Totalizing, for exemple, +9 ES for each enemy?

On-Hit effects apply to each Hit you land. If you hit three enemies, you gain ES three times.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 16, 2018, 4:01:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info