Mechanical Questions Thread

"
tanksmontaje wrote:
i'm using rigwald's curse with a pair of facebreakers and the added phys to claws in abyss eye jewel doesnt count as a modifier to claw damage. is there something in the wording im missing?

Added Damage is not a modifier to Damage, but Damage in and of itself.
Solved
Spoiler
What "Faster" stands for? (Tailwind granted by new Deadeye's passive)
Title. Is it more multy for attack/cast/whatever speed? Does it affect proj speed? Or is it just 10% incr. attack speed,cast speed, etc. etc.?
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Feb 26, 2018, 1:55:06 AM
Hello. I have a few questions about Spectral Shield Throw interactions.

1) Will the primary target of SST be also hit by a shard?

2) Can SST shatter/Fork on your own frost wall? How about world obstacles/walls?

3) Chance to bleed support currently has the following wording:
"Supported Attacks deal (1-44) to (2-66) added Physical Damage with Weapons"
From my understanding this was done to avoid Facebreakers interaction. Will it get changed so the added physical works for SST?

4) Will the start position of the shards be considered the shatter spot or the character position when attack was initially released? (interested from a point blank possibility)

5) Will Necromantic Aegis render you unable to use SST? The way I see it, being able to use SST is one of the bonuses of wielding a shield.

Last edited by delMU on Feb 26, 2018, 2:15:10 AM
Question for Soul of Arakaali Pantheon mechanics

I use Oni-goroshi along with the Blood Rage-CWDT-Immortal Call combo.

When immortal call procs, I stop taking DoT from Blood Rage but I still take damage from Her Embrace.

Does it still manage to proc the 50% increased recovery? Or does it mean I have to stop taking DoT completely before it procs?

Grateful for any clarification
Last edited by AceTricks on Feb 26, 2018, 4:02:36 AM
When calculating "Increased Minion Damage", are minion sub-types lumped together with generic "Increased Minion Damage"?

For example, Soul Weaver gives 100% increased damage to Spectres only. Primordial Harmony gives increased damage to Golems only.

If you already head 50% Increased Minion Damage from the tree (base damage x1.5), would Soul Weaver boost your ouput to 2.5x base (1*(1.5+1.0)) or 3x base (1*1.5*2.0)?

I've always assumed it was lumped in with generic MD, but just want to make sure.

Edit: Solved, I think. If the example here:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion
is valid (weapon-type increases are grouped with melee increases), I'm to assume minion Damage works the same way.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Feb 26, 2018, 6:26:41 AM
For the new Trickster ascendancy, how does the "Harness the Void" node work?

Does "Your hits" mean that my PC has to actually hit things and totems or other minions can't do it for me to get the bonus?

In addition, from the wording it makes me think that once a hit is generated the bonus is then applied? For example:

Chalcon casts Glacial Cascade with 100% Phys to Cold.
This generates a hit on a mob of 100,000 Cold damage.
The bonus is then rolled *on* this 100,000 hit, not all the calculations which led to the creation of the hit.

Is this correct?
Hello!
i have a question regarding: Lose x Life for each Enemy hit by your Spells/Attacks and +# Life gained for each Enemy hit by your Spells/Attacks. How does these to interact with eachother?

Do i first lose life and then instanly gain life from the same hit? or do they counter eachother?
for example: if i have Gloomfang unique amulet that have the Lose 10 Life mod and a shaper ring with the +12 Life gained for each Enemy hit by your Spells. Will i have +2 life gain on hit?

simply how do they work together?

Best regards.

"
delMU wrote:
1) Will the primary target of SST be also hit by a shard?
2) Can SST shatter/Fork on your own frost wall? How about world obstacles/walls?
4) Will the start position of the shards be considered the shatter spot or the character position when attack was initially released? (interested from a point blank possibility)
5) Will Necromantic Aegis render you unable to use SST? The way I see it, being able to use SST is one of the bonuses of wielding a shield.

1. No.
2. "all projectiles fired by the caster of Frost Wall pass through a Frost Wall." -wiki
Environment does not constitute Hitting anything; no Fork/Chain.
4. The shards will count as a continuation of the original Projectile, similar to Tornado Shot's submunitions; Point Blank will count the shield's travel time as well for the shards.
5. No.

"
AceTricks wrote:
I use Oni-goroshi along with the Blood Rage-CWDT-Immortal Call combo.
When immortal call procs, I stop taking DoT from Blood Rage but I still take damage from Her Embrace.
Does it still manage to proc the 50% increased recovery? Or does it mean I have to stop taking DoT completely before it procs?

You are still taking Damage over Time -> you have not stopped taking Damage over Time.

"
tomatopotato wrote:
When calculating "Increased Minion Damage", are minion sub-types lumped together with generic "Increased Minion Damage"?

Increased and Reduced modifiers are always additive.

"
Chalcon wrote:
For the new Trickster ascendancy, how does the "Harness the Void" node work? Does "Your hits" mean that my PC has to actually hit things and totems or other minions can't do it for me to get the bonus?

In addition, from the wording it makes me think that once a hit is generated the bonus is then applied?

You/Your is not a keyword in Path of Exile. Totems use Skills as if you were using them, so it should work? It's a bonus that is part of your Skills/Damage calculation, after all.
Minions are a separate entity from you entirely - your Passives never apply unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Damage is calculated on hit. As such, it still works like any other form of Damage Gained As; it's calculated at the same time as Conversion, before any Damage multipliers.

"
keklion wrote:
i have a question regarding: Lose x Life for each Enemy hit by your Spells/Attacks and +# Life gained for each Enemy hit by your Spells/Attacks. How does these to interact with eachother?

They occur at the same time, effectively being additive.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 26, 2018, 7:21:12 AM
Thanks Viper. I feel like you should have a Patreon or something :P
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
For an elemental spell build such as Storm Burst, Ball Lightning, Freezing Pulse, etc., is it better to scale elemental damage or spell damage? Which one is more effective versus bosses?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info